• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former Chamberlain star Aycock dismissed by Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I saw him play once. He was the Chamberlain team. Decent arm, but very tough running the ball.

Didn't seem to have great speed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Word is, he was dismissed for being Aycock!

I lol'd, no lie

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I lol'd, no lie

me to

• Content Count:  4,016

He was at Auburn for a whole 9 months before deciding to transfer after Auburn continued to add more RB's, and then announcing to him they were changing his position.... told him that McCalebb was going to be a slot, and now he's slotted to be starting RB.  So anyone that said that about the kid doesn't know a lick about his situation.  It was a bad fit from the get go, Dontae is a good kid, Guy Toph award winner, honor roll at Chamberlain, a kid that had no parents growing up and came down here to live with his step-brother...who left almost the moment he moved here and had to live with a second-cousin, and friends his 3 years in HS.  Had some other bad breaks too, and Coach Turner took him under his wing. 

The kid has not been dealt the easiest of cards..for someone to say that about him I would challenge that internet punk to have lived a few days in Dontae's shoes. 

I always marvel at the affluent internet-hacks who presume everyone had it as good as them, and the world is as only they perceive it.  Some had to live a life like Dontae who's mom died when he was little, dad abandon him, and he got shipped around the country from relative, to relative during his entire formidable years.  He's a good kid, but the Auburn situation was a bad fit from the get go.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

He was at Auburn for a whole 9 months before deciding to transfer after Auburn continued to add more RB's, and then announcing to him they were changing his position.... told him that McCalebb was going to be a slot, and now he's slotted to be starting RB.  So anyone that said that about the kid doesn't know a lick about his situation.  It was a bad fit from the get go, Dontae is a good kid, Guy Toph award winner, honor roll at Chamberlain, a kid that had no parents growing up and came down here to live with his step-brother...who left almost the moment he moved here and had to live with a second-cousin, and friends his 3 years in HS.  Had some other bad breaks too, and Coach Turner took him under his wing. 

The kid has not been dealt the easiest of cards..for someone to say that about him I would challenge that internet punk to have lived a few days in Dontae's shoes. 

I always marvel at the affluent internet-hacks who presume everyone had it as good as them, and the world is as only they perceive it.  Some had to live a life like Dontae who's mom died when he was little, dad abandon him, and he got shipped around the country from relative, to relative during his entire formidable years.  He's a good kid, but the Auburn situation was a bad fit from the get go.

BP08, i think it was a joke.  Just a play on his last name. 

Where do you think he transfers to?  Is USF a good fit for him?

I'd love him to come here...but his best fit is probably Gtech if they'd still have him because he could easily play all the backfield positions in Paul Johnson's option attack including QB.  I was never sold on him as a RB, but he's got moves, serious moves and runs with authority and power.  I always thought he could be a good safety too.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I'd love him to come here...but his best fit is probably Gtech if they'd still have him because he could easily play all the backfield positions in Paul Johnson's option attack including QB.  I was never sold on him as a RB, but he's got moves, serious moves and runs with authority and power.  I always thought he could be a good safety too.

I wonder if we are even on his radar? 

How do you see us filling the schollies we have picked up over the last month or so with the depature of Ford, JT, Cha Cha, etc?  I guess Knowles will account for one of them.  What about the others?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not so sure we bring in more than a couple of players we don't already know about to fill the newly available schollies.  Normally those go to the walk ons that have worked hard/worked themselves into playing time. 

I suspect that, especially this transition year, Holtz is going to minimize turnover and apply the schollies to the next recruiting class when the staff is more up to speed.  The exception would be those areas where there is immediate need, QB and WR. 

Even with all the losses at RB, I still don't think that is an area of need.  We still have several, with two more recruits coming in.  That's pretty deep.

I'm not so sure we bring in more than a couple of players we don't already know about to fill the newly available schollies.  Normally those go to the walk ons that have worked hard/worked themselves into playing time. 

I suspect that, especially this transition year, Holtz is going to minimize turnover and apply the schollies to the next recruiting class when the staff is more up to speed.  The exception would be those areas where there is immediate need, QB and WR. 

Even with all the losses at RB, I still don't think that is an area of need.  We still have several, with two more recruits coming in.  That's pretty deep.

You are right but they do have room if the right opportunity comes about.  As it stands we've got 66 scholarship players running around on campus.  Assume we have one academic fall-out that means 14 more from the 2010 class are expected to arrive this summer.  That puts us at 80 scholarship players, and we're allowed to have 85.  There is a strong feeling that 3-5 more could be departing like Sinclair in the next few months...most just transferring.  Depending on who those people are we've got about 18 seniors leaving after 2010 season, and I didn't include AJ Love in that group and assumed he would get a 6th year.  Assuming no other departures, or additions we'll have room for a 24 person class in 2011.  Or you could assume a few guys like Darren Powe, or Aston Samuel, or others will probably be departing that would then shoot us over 26 or more scholarships for 2011, and since we can only take 25, it would be wise to add a couple now if they can can help us.

It seems highly likely Bowen will be added, and then maybe one other, depending what comes available, but I doubt much beyond that.

Guest Sunburned

You are right but they do have room if the right opportunity comes about.  As it stands we've got 66 scholarship players running around on campus.  Assume we have one academic fall-out that means 14 more from the 2010 class are expected to arrive this summer.  That puts us at 80 scholarship players, and we're allowed to have 85.  There is a strong feeling that 3-5 more could be departing like Sinclair in the next few months...most just transferring.  Depending on who those people are we've got about 18 seniors leaving after 2010 season, and I didn't include AJ Love in that group and assumed he would get a 6th year.  Assuming no other departures, or additions we'll have room for a 24 person class in 2011.  Or you could assume a few guys like Darren Powe, or Aston Samuel, or others will probably be departing that would then shoot us over 26 or more scholarships for 2011, and since we can only take 25, it would be wise to add a couple now if they can can help us.

It seems highly likely Bowen will be added, and then maybe one other, depending what comes available, but I doubt much beyond that.

Forget Aycock, like Mauve when things don't go their way, they pack up their tents and move.  . We need team players not "stars", guys who are willing to compete for a position, not just have it handed to them; guys who will play wherever they are needed.

Archived