• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

so when is the trial date

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

And a valid one .... if done before, CJL may not even remember exactly what happened .... which means he wasn't lying when he told his story. To lie, you have to know what you're saying is false.

Not valid.  Someone didn't just walk up to Leavitt out of the blue and ask him what happened a few weeks prior.  Leavitt had days and weeks to remember exactly what happened, and come up with what he was going to tell investigators.  Somehow, he manages to "remember" the event completely differently than what actually happened.  Seriously, how do you "recall"that you were kneeling down tugging on the player's knee, when you were actually standing up and in his face?

He couldn't have been standing up and in miller's face because Miller was sitting down....  He had to, at the very least, been leaning down.

There is a lot of he said/she said going on, but there is no doubt Leavitt concocted this portion of the story.

There is always a doubt that it could have been the way he remembered it

Even his most ardent supporters in the locker room say he was standing up and in Erskin's face.  If Leavitt really has his own story that wrong in his mind, that would be reason enough for him not to coach the team.

Temporary insanity form the head butt .....

And don't forget, there were also plenty of people saying that he discussed the incident in the days immediately following, trying to cover his tracks

And also, following the event, there were players getting together to make sure everyone was on the same page in what they were going to tell the investigators .... and the truth may not have been involved there either.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

And don't forget, there were also plenty of people saying that he discussed the incident in the days immediately following, trying to cover his tracks.  Obviously, the incident was at the forefront of his mind, not one he'd forget.

Where?  Please show us when, what and where he "tried to cover his tracks" as you claim.

didn't chatter offer to show something along this line?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Again, someone else is concocting stories because if Leavitt wasn't kneeling then he was towering over Miller who was seated...BUSTED!

Oh geez.  Really.  Ok, he wasn't standing up.  But he did have Miller by the jersey, ok?  I wasn't there, remember?  Neither were you. 

The fact is that EVERY account of the incident is very similiar, except Leavitt's.  The other dozen accounts all even have Leavitt grabbing Miller's jersey, unless they turned their head because they didn't want to see what was going too happen and maybe have to testify about it.

Leavitt made up a story.  Be my guest to believe it or not.  But I refuse to wear Green and Gold blinders.

And don't forget, there were also plenty of people saying that he discussed the incident in the days immediately following, trying to cover his tracks.  Obviously, the incident was at the forefront of his mind, not one he'd forget.

Where?  Please show us when, what and where he "tried to cover his tracks" as you claim.

Really?  Seriously?  It's been documented ad nauseum. 

And also, following the event, there were players getting together to make sure everyone was on the same page in what they were going to tell the investigators .... and the truth may not have been involved there either.

So which is more reasonable.  Twenty players, coaches and other personnel getting together to concoct a story and keeping them all straight, or one person making up a story? 

And Leavitt had plenty of defenders on the team, and they contradict his story.  Why would his defenders tell a different story then Leavitt?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Which coach would you hire first, a coach whose players and staff love him but on one occasion crossed the line and grabbed a guy or a coach who lost his grip on his program enough that his players are able to successfully orchestrate a mutiny centered around a ficticious event that occured during half-time when the entire team was present?

Now I am not saying it isn't possible that this was just a bunch of players who hated Leavitt, but there really wasn't any consistent story from others in the lockerroom saying it didn't happen.  The most support I saw was from a guy who caveats his statement with "I believe what happens in the lockerroom should stay there".  I have a hard time believing this was a player/staff conspiracy, not saying it isn't possible, but I don't think it is in the top 10 of likely scenarios.

And Leavitt had plenty of defenders on the team, and they contradict his story.  Why would his defenders tell a different story then Leavitt?

Because they didn't head butt, without a helmet, one of their fellow players ...

The most support I saw was from a guy who caveats his statement with "I believe what happens in the lockerroom should stay there". 

And the most damning stuff I saw came from SA's B & C. Both described exactly the same thing yet both also said that Joel told them about "the most powerful man the building" comment which Joel has said he didn't know where that quote came from ....

Bottom line, like I said before, the truth is somewhere in between the two stories ...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

So which is more reasonable.  Twenty players, coaches and other personnel getting together to concoct a story and keeping them all straight, or one person making up a story?   

You're simply wrong.  Take the time and read the report.

you keep telling others to read the report but... to everyone else it appears as if you didn't read it :<

The most support I saw was from a guy who caveats his statement with "I believe what happens in the lockerroom should stay there". 

And the most damning stuff I saw came from SA's B & C. Both described exactly the same thing yet both also said that Joel told them about "the most powerful man the building" comment which Joel has said he didn't know where that quote came from ....

Bottom line, like I said before, the truth is somewhere in between the two stories ...

Of course it does.  This is about whether there was sufficient cause to fire Leavitt.  Is there any doubt that Leavitt had Miller by the jersey?  In his story, he did not.  Is there any doubt that he was up in Miller's grill?  In his story, he was not.  Even the fabled state trooper says Leavitt was doing "normal coaching stuff".  "Normal coaching stuff" for Leavitt is not kneeling in front of a player and gently shaking his knee.  We all know that, and we weren't in the locker room.

Seriously, having watched Leavitt for years, you can't tell me you believe Leavitt's version of the story.  Add one obviously made up story to one trashed locker and you get one fired coach.  Whatever else did or did not happen, there is still cause for termination.  They are arguing over how much money his contract guaranteed him, not whether he should have been fired. 

Seriously, having watched Leavitt for years, you can't tell me you believe Leavitt's version of the story.

DB, where did I say I believed Leavitt's version?

Add one obviously made up story

Temporary insanity.

to one trashed locker and you get one fired coach.  Whatever else did or did not happen, there is still cause for termination.  They are arguing over how much money his contract guaranteed him, not whether he should have been fired.

I believe the locker story, told by a proven liar and lockerroom malcontent, was that his locker's contents were thrown in the trash, not that the locker was trashed ... and I completely agree it's about money and every little chink in the investigation's armor will, hopefully, increase whatever settlement's to be made.

Archived