• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

so when is the trial date

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Perhaps releasing ALL of the report.  USF held back parts of the investigation and interviews.  We can only assume thery were not favorable to USF's agenda.

I would assume you are correct, but not in the manner which you are thinking.  I'm sure there were items in the interviews that would make the university look bad if they were released.  I'm also sure some or all of those things would make Leavitt look bad. 

You and Leavitt's legal team should be careful what you wish for.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I say bring it on!  The truth shall set you free, right?

That would be my view, but that view may not be shared by those that know what really happened.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

That would be my view, but that view may not be shared by those that know what really happened.

And who would those folks be that really know what happened?  An FBI Agent?  The Strength Coach?  A player's father who is also a volunteer coach?  How about the players that back up Leavitt?

Are those the folks that know the truth?

Post #666

which players are supporting leavitt's story??

And who would those folks be that really know what happened?  An FBI Agent?  The Strength Coach?  A player's father who is also a volunteer coach?  How about the players that back up Leavitt?

Post #666

So you didn't read the "report" did you?  It's right there all you have to do is read.  The only players that say Leavitt slapped Miller are the ones with axes to grind who were unhappy with their playing time.

USF is in a poker game holding a pair of deuces.

Student Athlete B related that the event was the topic of much discussion in the locker room and that other players told Student Athlete B that they had also seen it.

why would there be locker room discussion of a non-event?

B C... what axes to grind did they have? both played solid time... both claimed leavitt open handed slapped twice

Student Athlete D said that he saw Leavitt put a hand (maybe his right hand) “high†on Student Athlete A’s jersey, indicating that it could have been on Student Athlete A’s throat. At this point, Student Athlete D turned his head because he “did not want to ‘catch anything himself’ or see anymore.â€

Looks like D was too afraid to view the rest of the altercation... this doesn't support leavitt at all.

Student Athlete D also said that Student Athlete A spoke of the event in the week following November 21, 2009 and told the other running backs that he was thinking of going to see Leavitt about the incident.

Student Athlete D also related that others on the team discussed the incident with some expressing the opinion that Student Athlete A had been threatened and otherwise mistreated.

both interesting

Athlete E described that leavitt grabbed shoulder pads and was extra rowdy that day... doesn't hurt but doesn't support leavitt's claims

Student Athlete H did describe the encounter as a “hands on†situation. Student Athlete H does remember that Student Athlete A looked “shocked†and definitely was “shook up†after it. Student Athlete H also saw Leavitt raise his arm but does not know if he struck Student Athlete A. When it happened, Student Athlete H asked Student Athlete E if Student Athlete E had seen what happened and Student Athlete E looked around but Student Athlete H does not remember if Student Athlete E saw the event.

saw leavitt raise his arm and called the situation "hands on"... doesn't sound like he supports leavitt's claim

Student Athlete J was seated near to Student Athlete A. He saw the encounter and

reported that Leavitt saw that Student Athlete A was “down,†grabbed him and said “We gotta

win! You have to do a lot better!†Student Athlete J said that Leavitt grabbed Student Athlete A

with his right hand on Student Athlete’s A’s neck or on shoulder pads in an area close to Student

Athlete A’s neck, and was pointing at him with the other hand. Then he “tapped†Student

Athlete A’s face twice “to get his attention,†as if to say (Student Athlete J’s words, not

Leavitt’s) “Snap out of it!†Student Athlete J thought it was “nothing too major,†but it “got an

‘Oh, wow, I didn’t think he was going to do that!'†reaction from him. Student Athlete J said

that the reaction from the rest of the locker room was, “What just happened?!â€

right hand on neck... two taps on his face... unfortunately not supporting leavitt...

Student Athlete F told the reviewers, “granted Student Athlete Amade some mistakes, but [coach] never should have laid hands on anyoneâ€. He also said that most players have a lot to get off their minds and that players are concerned that Leavitt flat out

lied.

uhhh... not supporting leavitt?

Student Athlete G said that several Student Athletes told Student Athlete A to tell the truth, because the others “had his back.â€

interesting

Student Athlete I was sitting across the locker room from Student Athlete A. He saw nothing during the halftime, but noted that Coach Leavitt was “angryâ€.

athlete I saw nothing, not in support and not against.

Student Athlete K was in the locker room but used the rest room at the beginning of the

period. As he traveled through the locker room, Student Athlete K heard Leavitt shouting at

Student Athlete A, “Did you get your block? Did you get your block?†When he returned to the

locker room, Leavitt was no longer there.

athlete K saw nothing b/c he was int he bathroom

Student Athlete N was not playing in the Louisville game but he soon heard of the incident that occurred during its halftime.

N didn't support or go against leavitt... heard about the incident

O was obviously a fanhouse leaker and in the report joel was clearly mad at him for exposing the event.

I can see student athlete O having a long standing agenda against leavitt

The reviewers met with Student Athlete P. He indicated that he was in the locker room

on November 21st and has since “twittered†on the situation. He said that Student Athlete A had

come into the locker room with his head down. He had made two mistakes on special teams,

according to Student Athlete P. He also noted that Leavitt was very emotional. He said he was

crying and even head-butted a player during halftime. According to Student Athlete P, Coach

Leavitt grabbed Student Athlete A by the shoulder pads, shook him, and told him, “fight, fight!â€.

Coach told Student Athlete A that they needed him. Student Athlete P told the reviewers that he

feels what happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room. He said that “it’s like a

family†and that issues should be dealt with between the family members and not outside. Said it

was a motivational talk that should have been over weeks ago when they talked about it.

I guess you can say P 'supported' leavitt... P claims leavitt was CRYING and headbutting players in the locker room... lol.. also adament that issues should remain within the team

The reviewers met with Player Q who said that he hadn’t seen anything in the locker

room during that game. He asked Student Athlete A about it “a week agoâ€, and Student Athlete

A had just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Student Athlete Q recalls that Student Athlete

A didn’t want to talk about it.

Athlete Q didn't see anything... no support here.

Student Athlete R told the reviewers that he was in the locker room on November 21st,

but didn’t see anything. He sketched out on a piece of paper for the reviewers the locker room,

and indicated that he did not have a good view to where Student Athlete A was sitting.

athlete R said he saw nothing and had a bad view of the situation

Student Athlete S indicated he was in the locker room on November 21st at halftime. He

said that he didn’t actually see the entire “alleged incident†because his attention was focused on

his position coach and their whiteboard. He did say that he heard someone say, “oooooh†[gasp],

meaning that it had caught the attention of other players in the locker room. That’s when Student

Athlete S turned to look and indicated that he saw Coach Leavitt with his hands on Student

Athlete A, up around the neck area of the jersey. He indicated that he had asked Student Athlete

A what happened after the game (before they left the locker room), and that Student Athlete A

responded, “Nothing. I don’t want to talk about itâ€. Student Athlete S indicated that he believes

that Coach Leavitt had gotten after a number of other players during halftime telling them that

they “had to get it goingâ€. Student Athlete S also indicated that he heard about the incident from

Student Athlete B, who indicated to Student Athlete S that he had witnessed it. Student Athlete

S said that Student Athlete B was very disturbed by what he saw. Student Athlete S indicated

that Coach Leavitt is very intense and he would even play the game himself if he could. He said

that Coach gets very frustrated when players and the team make mistakes.

turned to see what the ooohssss and gasps were only to see leavitt with his hand on the neck area of joel. dont think hes supporting leavitts claims

The reviewers spoke to Student Athlete T who had been quoted in a newspaper article on

January 2, 201014. The Student Athlete indicated that he had been in the locker room during that

particular halftime and was sitting in his locker but had, in fact, not witnessed the full exchange

between Student Athlete A and Coach Leavitt. He recalled looking up and seeing “only what

appeared to be the end of the exchange when Coach had Student Athlete A by the shoulder pads

and was shaking him in order to stress that Student Athlete A needed to “get his head in the

game.â€

T didn't witness actual incident but caught the end of the altercation and it included shaking... not supporting

Student Athlete L said that Leavitt put his hands on Student Athlete A by his shoulder

pads while speaking to him in a raised voice about the block and tapped Student Athlete A’s jaw

“to get his attention.†Student Athlete L said that Student Athlete A is not the only one that

Coach Leavitt got on and that he remembers him getting after Student Athlete U as well.

doesn't really support athlete b/c claims but doesn't support leavitt's either... i'd say this is better for leavitt but L clearly states that leavitt 'tapped' joel's jaw

Student Athlete M recounted similar facts, saying that Leavitt grabbed Student Athlete

A’s jersey and was shaking Student Athlete A’s shoulder pads to motivate him. He indicated

that Leavitt slapped Student Athlete A two times on the cheek to get his attention and was

holding his chin with his hand. According to Student Athlete M, this is “what coaches do†to

motivate Student Athletes.

lets get real this guy had no playing time issues.

i know i didn't get to all student athletes but it is pretty obvious that there was nobody except maybe one person with an agenda against leavitt...

the only people of those listed in the report that had minimal play time were the freshman/rs freshman... the rest were starters or they played a solid amount...

sometimes i think that you didn't read the report.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,643
  • Days Won:  424

Post #666

So you didn't read the "report" did you?  It's right there all you have to do is read.  The only players that say Leavitt slapped Miller are the ones with axes to grind who were unhappy with their playing time.

USF is in a poker game holding a pair of deuces.

Mizzou, I don't think any player backed up CJL's story of getting down on one knee to console Miller .... if there is, please feel free to link it here.

The truth is somewhere in between the two stories .... but there's a lot of ******** to wade throught to get there .... and the investigators didn't have their waders on.

i have no argument... i was just saying... no players in the report directly supported leavitt...

oh and none really had an issue with playing time... except for erskin i guess

i have no argument... i was just saying... no players in the report directly supported leavitt...

oh and none really had an issue with playing time... except for erskin i guess

Yes, there were players that supported Leavitt in the report.

Let's choose up teams and go to court...You hang on to Joel Miller, Erskin and a couple of other players (who were seated 50 feet from Leavitt and Miller) that said they saw a slap for your team and I'll take the decorated State Trooper/FBI Agent, the strength coach (who was 3 feet from Leavitt and Miller), the parent/volunteer coach and a couple of the players that said there was no slap and let's see who wins the jury's trust, OK?

just because people 'didn't see' the incident.. it doesn't mean it did not happen...

the state trooper was supposed to be guarding the door... why would he have been so far inside the room?

i dont see any players supporting leavitt.

ohh... and athletes B and C were in the SAME room directly across from the joel/leavitt

"Student Athlete B described the event quite differently. His locker was located on a wall

that was perpendicular to the wall on which Student Athlete A’s locker was located. From his

vantage point, he was able to see the entire encounter."

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Mizzou, I don't think any player backed up CJL's story of getting down on one knee to console Miller .... if there is, please feel free to link it here.

The truth is somewhere in between the two stories .... but there's a lot of ******** to wade throught to get there .... and the investigators didn't have their waders on.

Do you think that was there job?  You see I would say that the moment after they realized Leavitt was being less than straight with them the conclusion was pretty much reached.  Not saying they shouldn't (or didn't) do diligence in talking with other students, but from reading through the report the only athletes that seem to come even close to supporting Leavitt's story caveat it with "what happens in the lockerroom should stay there"... I mean you don't have to be **** Tracy to read between those lines.

Again it really shouldn't be the job of USF to investigate this incident if their employee is hostile to the investigation.  I have no idea what his contract states in regards to violation of contract, but to me at that point he has to be fired.

Archived