• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Allen's Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I just jumped out of my chair.  Can't wait to get a Midnight Green "Allen" jersey to replace my Dawkins version.  YES!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  578

I like that our guys have gone to good teams.

Awesome for Nate to go to the Eagles!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

This just kills me.  Being a Giants fan, this just kills me.  Like with Jenkins at Dallas, I'll root for the USF guys while hoping like he!! their teams lose.  Had the same issue with J.R. Reed going to the Iggles.

But we did high five here at the house to hear his name called so early in the 2nd round.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I got massively boo'd by the gators behind me on that pick when I stood up for Nate

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I got massively boo'd by the gators behind me on that pick when I stood up for Nate

Shows they are taking notice.  ;D

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

That's quick.

GVVVBXGFXOCYTCG.20100423225444.jpg

Nate Allen Selected In Second Round, 37th Overall by Eagles

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204935118

• Content Count:  558

Tell the gators to save their boos for brantley/meyer at 9PM on 9/11/10

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

What happened to Selvie?  Where is he projected now?

5th-7th round are the common projections, with most of them toward the end of that projection.

Doesn't look good...

He lost out on MILLIONS by staying after his sophomore season, i bet he regrets it a lot now.

No, he didn't.

Selvie stayed in school both years because advisers - including the NFL draft advisory board after his junior season - told him he would probably not be drafted in the first three rounds. He put up good numbers in the first five weeks of the 2007 season and has done very little since. Selvie would definitely not have been a first round draft pick if he left after his sophomore season, and that he has only regressed since then shows why.

It wasn't always apparent, but the reality is George Selvie was not as great an NFL prospect as those first five games of his sophomore season indicated. That doesn't mean he can't be a good or even very good NFL player, but he has an uphill battle. For two and a half years people have been making excuses for him about double teams and injuries, but excuses aren't worth "MILLIONS" of dollars.

fair assessment - the good thing for George is that he is basically back to where he was heading into college with not too much fanfare at his back. I can see him building himself up and doing something significant in the NFL playing-wise.

I hope someone gives him a good shot-- it would totally blow if he went undrafted.

Guest nybullsfan

This just kills me.  Being a Giants fan, this just kills me.  Like with Jenkins at Dallas, I'll root for the USF guys while hoping like he!! their teams lose.  Had the same issue with J.R. Reed going to the Iggles.

But we did high five here at the house to hear his name called so early in the 2nd round.

+1

I hate the Eagles, but here's hoping Nate does well there.

Here's to you, Nate!  :cheers

Archived