• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Allen's Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

What happened to Selvie?  Where is he projected now?

5th-7th round are the common projections, with most of them toward the end of that projection.

Doesn't look good...

He lost out on MILLIONS by staying after his sophomore season, i bet he regrets it a lot now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

5th-7th round are the common projections, with most of them toward the end of that projection.

Doesn't look good...

Makes no sense.. you would think if they can not see him as an end, his skills would fit back one slot to a OLB...but then again, I am working today, not sitting at a phone bank in NY.

The problem is he had a terrible 40 time at the combine and pro day, so OLB really isnt an option. He is a very undersized DE.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Selvie is a hard worker. With good S&T he could make the switch to OLB after he recovers his speed.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Doesn't look good...

He lost out on MILLIONS by staying after his sophomore season, i bet he regrets it a lot now.

No, he didn't.

Selvie stayed in school both years because advisers - including the NFL draft advisory board after his junior season - told him he would probably not be drafted in the first three rounds. He put up good numbers in the first five weeks of the 2007 season and has done very little since. Selvie would definitely not have been a first round draft pick if he left after his sophomore season, and that he has only regressed since then shows why.

It wasn't always apparent, but the reality is George Selvie was not as great an NFL prospect as those first five games of his sophomore season indicated. That doesn't mean he can't be a good or even very good NFL player, but he has an uphill battle. For two and a half years people have been making excuses for him about double teams and injuries, but excuses aren't worth "MILLIONS" of dollars.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

i hope he falls to miami in the 3rd

or miami can just pick him in the 2nd round stop being so selfish

NT and OLB are bigger needs i would not be a happy camper at all if we drafted Allen with the 8th pick in the second round considering the players that would be on the board at the time......

I'm a Bull and a Dolphin, To be honest I personally hope they get Taylor Mays. I was surprised with who they took in the first round but you have to give The Tuna the benefit of the doubt. Our offense should be set now with Marshall(what we have needed since the two Mark's"). I know safety isn't the number one position but to me you have to draft the most valuable player when you pick and Mays would be it. If Allen is available in the third then I would def. take him.

DO NOT WANT!!!!

He gets lost in coverage WAAAAAAYYYYYY too much for my liking.  (Mays)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

FS Nate Allen, South Florida

The one safety no one is really talking about, but if I had a pick, I’d take Allen over Earl Thomas(notes) any day of the week. This is a guy who finds the football, takes good angles vs. the run game and is one of the most unsung prospects in the draft.

Possible second round suitors:

Dolphins

Bengals

Eagles

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ask_pOHaJzpY7OblJvv0bJI5nYcB?slug=nfp-second_round_of_draft_has_elite_value_html-2010423

FS Nate Allen, South Florida

The one safety no one is really talking about, but if I had a pick, I’d take Allen over Earl Thomas(notes) any day of the week. This is a guy who finds the football, takes good angles vs. the run game and is one of the most unsung prospects in the draft.

Possible second round suitors:

Dolphins

Bengals

Eagles

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ask_pOHaJzpY7OblJvv0bJI5nYcB?slug=nfp-second_round_of_draft_has_elite_value_html-2010423

Nate is the USF prospect with the least amount of risk imo.  Heady player that held our secondary together and is decent against the run from the FS spot.  He will be sorely missed next season. 

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

never gonna happen but i'd be the happiest guy in the state if he fell to #75 lol

Archived