• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our chances against UF just got better.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Urbie pretty much threw his coveted high school qb under the bus last night by saying that he's going with a 2 QB system again.

What does this mean? It means that John Brantley does not fit their system. Can't make plays on 3rd downs.

It also means that by game 2 of their season, they're gonna have a mess on the field.

This won't be ANYTHING like the Leak/Tebow combination in 2006, because Brantley is no Leak and the freshman QB isn't a fullback.

When and where did he say this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5058705

Thank you, sir ....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think it means he has no faith in their RBs

I'd agree there, but to potentially hurt your back up QB is not a wise move.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I read that they have a bruising Fullback and a tight end that have been doing wildcat and goal line formations pretty well so far.

I didn't think they even had a 3rd quarterback anywhere near ready to play. I think by dual QB system, they'll use brantley, and then on third and short, they'll use the FB or TE in wildcat formations. basically no different than tebow was on third and short.

I don't see how this hurts their chances. Brantley can still throw. Luckily, I think USF will have a pretty good secondary and corners this year to help shut it down, and the Gators' offensive line is gonna be missing a few veterans.

Doesn't mean they still won't whoop up on us, but there are more signs pointing to it possibly being a closer game.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Urbie pretty much threw his coveted high school qb under the bus last night by saying that he's going with a 2 QB system again.

What does this mean? It means that John Brantley does not fit their system. Can't make plays on 3rd downs.

It also means that by game 2 of their season, they're gonna have a mess on the field.

This won't be ANYTHING like the Leak/Tebow combination in 2006, because Brantley is no Leak and the freshman QB isn't a fullback.

urban meyer made tebow not the other way around

he is a great coach

brantley has tremendous skills

• Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe Meyer will come out and say that god told him to do it.

I see UF losing up to 3 games this season.

Unexperienced QB (with no support from his head coach)

"running backs"....these guys are crappy wide outs turned running back

New Defense....not gonna be ANYWHERE CLOSE to the  Charlie Strong lines

After all that talk you think the most they could lose is 3 games??? That's still really good.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Brantley will be pretty money for UF if he had gone somewhere to play right away he'd be all over the press.

Our running game will be the deciding factor

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have high hopes that we can beat UF... they are cocky and fail to understand that they are in rebuilding mode.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

im pretty sure they got a hybrid tiight end somewhere on their team like cincinatti who could run like that. Or someone like rutgers has who can line up at qb and cause serious problems. I dont think this helps us against florida. If anything they are going to make it work and thats not a good thing for us.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting rumor I heard over the weekend about UF.  Remember when Urban said he was going to take some time off of UF.  Apparently he had figured at that point that he was going to be able to become more of a GM (General Manager) of football operations when he returned. His goal was for Charlie Strong to stay on as the Coach on staff, a kind of  "coach in waiting" position like Jimbo Fisher had at FSU.  But the issue is that once he stepped back, Bob Stoops came into the picture and expressed interest.  Urban heard that Bob Stoops had his hat in the ring, and certain key gator boosters were in favor of considerng stoops, so he had to rescind his plans to step back and take an LOA. 

Not sure how much rumor this is or how realistic, but I heard it from a very reliable source.  This source is a big contributor, and is close friends with many (read multiple) of the biggest contributors. 

Thought it was interesting, anyways.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

uf considers us a "directional" school, one of the two patsies they play to begin the season. That may very well work to our favor. Or, we may get the snot beat out of us, but still win the BE. A scenario that I for one would be VERY happy if it happened.

Archived