• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We couldn't stop Walker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

That's a bigger concern than anything else.  He had the ball EVERY time down the stretch and single handedly brought UCONN back to life.  Where were the adjustments???

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think winning was the biggest concern.

• Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

I think we won and thats what counts.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Adjustments?

Really?

LOL.....thanks for watching.

Psst...we won the **** game.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Where were the adjustments???

Is Walker still trying to dislodge the ball from his throat after the facial that Gus gave him?

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

They couldn't stop Jones or Gilchrist.

Where were the adjustments???

P.S. The adjustment was letting UConn miss their last 10 threes.

• Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah - this is a good analysis. Kimbal Walker was lighting us up.

Over the last few games i've really noticed that we have had a hard time stooping guards from penetrating... 

That guard from St. Johns lit us up too.  Plus the guards from Villanova were taking it to the rack quite a bit.  The color commentator even discussed this in the Vilanova game.

I think the scouting report is getting out.  I think this has a lot to do with the fact that Heath likes us to play a ton of man-to-man defense and that makes you susceptible to penetration.

Heath did change it up the last 2.5 minutes and moved us into a 2-3 zone.  Something to keep an eye on though.  Word is getting out that we don't defend off the dribble very well.  YOu have to remember that we are pretty big team.  Famous, Fitzpatrick, Jones and Howard is a pretty long line up.  I think 6-3 or 6-4 might me the shortest guy out of those 4.  Usually the taller you are the easier you are to take off the dribble.

• Content Count:  12,293

walker is also a superstar athlete.  not too mention that down the stretch we were in NO FOUL NO THREE mode. 

and crater was out of the game due to one of the worst foul calls i have ever seen in my life. 

Crater is a our quick guy (howard just doesnt that much quicks left after 2 ACLs.)

I wasnt too worried about it.  I just wish we had a better shot blocker under the rim (gus is good but he is rarely under the rim.  its usually famous (who has his back to the ball way too much) or fitz or rivas.

• Content Count:  4,016

walker is also a superstar athlete.  not too mention that down the stretch we were in NO FOUL NO THREE mode. 

and crater was out of the game due to one of the worst foul calls i have ever seen in my life. 

Crater is a our quick guy (howard just doesnt that much quicks left after 2 ACLs.)

I wasnt too worried about it.  I just wish we had a better shot blocker under the rim (gus is good but he is rarely under the rim.  its usually famous (who has his back to the ball way too much) or fitz or rivas.

Agreed completely, Kemba Walker is only a five star guard coming out of HS...there are very few people he can't breakdown off the dribble, and once Crater got his 4th, and then his fifth (which was one of the worst calls I've seen)...we were not capable of stopping such an ultra speed guard.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Adjustments?

Really?

LOL.....thanks for watching.

Psst...we won the **** game.

Yes....really. 

I don't hinki I said anywhere in my post that we lost the game, did I?  Next time we might be as lucky.  Uconn missed a ton of threes that weren't all well defended.  Thanks for contributing. 

Archived