• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Crazy idea to get more students involved!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Seems to me hoops suffers the same attendance issue. The only time I see a lot of students is when there's some sort of sorority/fraternty sort of thing. I don't think it's limited to football.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think tapping into fraternities and sorrorities helps...

i remember way back, we used to have some type of contents where attendance at USF Basketball games got points for your greek, or other USF organization.  Greeks came out pretty hard core to get the points... Yes, most of them socialized most the time, but at least people were at the games.

Some type of year long contest, like the Pass for Cash at football by the USF Fed Cred. Union seems like it would work... except don't make some skill competition win the points, make attendance (sign in).  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

What I like about this whole conversation is the term marketing department.  The department consists of one person.  I know many do not approve of  some of the things that he has done, but marketing for a DI program should have more than one person involved.

There is an Assist.  AD for Sales and Marketing as well,  but they have made it his responsibility to sell the tickets, so there is nobody going after the students.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

Years ago you couldn't give BUCS tix away... but for some reason they dominated in selling that putrid creamsicle clothing. Now,  we finally are seeing more and more USF merchandise in the stores. Right next to UF & FSU crap, the BULLS are slowly gaining ground. I actually saw a USF koozie at 7-11 last week (I bought it) BIG 3 can easily become BIG 4 in Florida -show your colors & get behind your team!!! ENTHISIASM IS CONTAGIOUS !!!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

WINNING SOLVES EVERYTHING

I dont think that is right but if you Win in the Tampa bay area people (including students) will come.

For example no one used to be a Bucs fan because the sucked.  No one used to be a lighthing fan for the same reason.  And no one is a Devil Rays Fan now (wait until they win and everyone will be all over it).

I for one have always been and always will be a USF fan.

I hated the Bucs in the past and I still do.

I have always liked the lightning.

and believe it or not I like the Devil Rays.

Unfortunately this is not how everyone else in this area is.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Velcro - At one time when I was in school they actually gave cash prizes to the student organization that had the most members attend.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I think it has some merit, even if it is pseudo support, get people to the games, even to win prizes/money for their organization.  Greek orgs are always looking for easy fundraisers, and they are getting bigger and bigger on campus, now that there is housing.  Why not tap into it.  

Even get double pts if you bring a non-org member student friend.

One for you and one for your friend.  

Even toss it somethign crazy that is low risk, perhaps insured...

winning organization can send one person to the floor for a half court shot to win 10k for their org.  It wouldn't be too costly for insurance for that.  

I'm sure there are obstacles that i have no idea about... but it doesn't hurt to at least toss the idea around.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Do kegs outside the Dome before the game and let EVERYONE drink that is 18 that has a USF student ID. Make it an amnesty zone for minors. They will come then. Look at any party around campus on Friday or Saturday night.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Build a new stadium in YBOR! THEN the students will come!!!! >:(

There is more publicity and marketing done for the clubs in Tbor on campus than our own athletics! It is a cryin shame, or should I say sham!!!   The Reaper