• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football tradition, ESPN is asking

Guest Scherdin

I don't think anyone is really knocking the team or program, but as stated...we have only been around for 12 years.  So there is nothing to hang our hat on.  

Hopefully Holtz, Alum, fans and the communitee can start to come up with some good ones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  640
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget to include how the downtown Suntrust Bank building lights up its tip green and gold on big game days.

• Content Count:  342

Don't forget about the Drumline putting on a show after the game starting at the North East side of the stadium.  Leading down the ramp and continuing into the parking lot.  I love it.  They always put on a great show.

• Content Count:  5,241

Don't forget about the Drumline putting on a show after the game starting at the North East side of the stadium.  Leading down the ramp and continuing into the parking lot.  I love it.  They always put on a great show.

The only reason I don't consider that a tradition, is because almost every other school's marching band does the same thing in a similar fashion.

• Content Count:  342

Point taken...But are they as good as our H.O.T. Drumline? >:D

• Content Count:  4,879

using sun block at all day games, having a lifetime supply of cold-weather USF gear with one sweatshirt and one jacket, having to learn new opponents every couple years because of our meteoric rise, being known as 'the model' for all new NCAA football programs.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Here is a list of traditions

1) Students not showing up expect for big games. 

2) Season ticket holders selling seats to opposing team fans or not showing up for games

3) A stadium that is red and black and our team is green and gold

4) Getting boned by Tampa Sports Authority (ACC Championship)

Real one

1) Running of the bulls - guys in white pants, shirts, and shoes running around in circles.

be positive about the bulls

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The TSA screwing us over every tailgate has become a tradition...

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Here is a list of traditions

1) Students not showing up expect for big games. 

Get over yourself

Real one

1) Running of the bulls - guys in white pants, shirts, and shoes running around in circles.

my wife thought they were from the special class the first time we saw them.

1) H.O.T pregame show - "Call of the Bulls" leading into the "stampede" of the the band and cheeleaders followed by "El Toro Caliente"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Wow.  3 pages so far and nothing close to a "tradition".  The "running of the bulls" has been around for 2 or 3 years.  If that continues it may become one.  But that happens when people show up to their seats at or after the game starts.  We went into the stadium about 1/2 hour before one of the games and were blasted with unusually loud music and pretty much nothing else until the national anthem. 

No one knows the words to the fight song, there are no live bulls (still wouldn't beat Auburn's eagle), not being on campus there is no special "walk" to the stadium.  Closest thing may be HOT outside the south entrance prior to the game.  At the FSU game, after they scored their only TD, everyone sang the fight song.  There was a 12 year old FSU fan behind us and he knew every word.  Other than the S-O-U-T-H part, no one knows our fight song.

There is the "wave" that starts usually in the 3rd quarter and the booing of the visitors fans when they don't participate.  Does that count?

Archived