• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz in studio with Duemig Wednesday at 5pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If Holtz treats the media with respect and establishes his ground rules that provide fair and reasonable access I think that the Bay area media will fall in love with the guy. Holtz did a great job this morning and Sileo couldn't stop talking about what a great interview it was.

Unfortunately, Coach Leavitt alienated a lot of local and national media members and that played a HUGE role in his ultimate firing. He didn't get a fair shake from the press, but they would argue that they never got fair access or shake from Coach Leavitt. Not saying it's fair but part of the job nowadays. Some media folks got what they deserved from CJL, but as a result a lot of folks that were fair got hurt in the process. BMM writing something stupid got everyone banned from practice. That was just dumb b/c it either gives writers time to write about something else or more time to dabble in speculation than covering the action on the field.

leavitt thought"he was the most powerful man in the building" there in lies the problem with usf football last 4 years

talking to press and cultivating fan base is just as important as coaching the players

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

If Holtz treats the media with respect and establishes his ground rules that provide fair and reasonable access I think that the Bay area media will fall in love with the guy. Holtz did a great job this morning and Sileo couldn't stop talking about what a great interview it was.

Unfortunately, Coach Leavitt alienated a lot of local and national media members and that played a HUGE role in his ultimate firing. He didn't get a fair shake from the press, but they would argue that they never got fair access or shake from Coach Leavitt. Not saying it's fair but part of the job nowadays. Some media folks got what they deserved from CJL, but as a result a lot of folks that were fair got hurt in the process. BMM writing something stupid got everyone banned from practice. That was just dumb b/c it either gives writers time to write about something else or more time to dabble in speculation than covering the action on the field.

leavitt thought"he was the most powerful man in the building" there in lies the problem with usf football last 4 years

You've been on Leavitt's taint for 10 years .... what's with the other 6?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Does Duemig hate USF, or does he hate JL?  

He doesn't like people who don't go on his show. He has some negative things to say about Coach Holtz after he was hired because he had not yet gone on his show.

And now CLLH is going on his show. So, again, no one that goes now will stop going to games because of Duemig, but some may start going because of him. A net gain in fans, and hopefully donors is always a good thing, and should be the goal. JMVHO.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Holtz is doing an interview on a Gainesville show today! Sports scene with Steve Russell. It is on am 850wruf for anyone is listening distance.

Holtz is doing an interview on a Gainesville show today! Sports scene with Steve Russell. It is on am 850wruf for anyone is listening distance.

What time and do they stream?

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

He should do a media tour around south Florida.

He doesn't like people who don't go on his show. He has some negative things to say about Coach Holtz after he was hired because he had not yet gone on his show.

And now CLLH is going on his show. So, again, no one that goes now will stop going to games because of Duemig, but some may start going because of him. A net gain in fans, and hopefully donors is always a good thing, and should be the goal. JMVHO.

And when our attendance goes up, the dickwad will claim responsibility like he did with "single handedly being responsible for introducing this area to hockey" ... if anything good comes out of it, it'd be hard to gripe about the appearance but I don't see a huge boost in this market because of it.... most of the listeners who tune in because they like him are negative assclowns like he is so I'm assuming they're Gator fans.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

And when our attendance goes up, the dickwad will claim responsibility like he did with "single handedly being responsible for introducing this area to hockey" ... if anything good comes out of it, it'd be hard to gripe about the appearance but I don't see a huge boost in this market because of it.... most of the listeners who tune in because they like him are negative assclowns like he is so I'm assuming they're Gator fans.

Trip, I completely agree. I don't listen to his show, and never really have. I just don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing to be on his show. As for the Hockey thing, I had a quote in the paper when brining hockey to Tampa was being discussed. The Trib came to the Sports Authority Store on W. Hillsborough Ave. interviewed me for 10 min, and put a one line quote in the paper. "If hockey can make it in L.A. then it can make it here." So, I guess that I had as much to do with Hockey coming here as he did. :)

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

30 minute warning

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

30 minute warning

has duemig mentioned it? I had it on in the background a little earlier but I didn't hear him mention it.

Archived