• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz in studio with Duemig Wednesday at 5pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

****, along with IB's, these are two great posts ....

wow trips, you getting on the duemig bandwagon too?

flying_pig.jpg

You don't have to be on Duemig's bandwagon to be happy when he's talking good about USF football and our HC.  I'm not a fan, but the guy gets the ratings.  And that means a lot of people hear the praise.  That also means that a lot of people heard about Skip going to watch other USF sports.  They heard him plug the basketball team and ask them to come out on Saturday.  That's big for Coach Heath and the best basketball team we've fielded in a long while.  Do you know what a coup it was to even have basketball mentioned on Duemig's show?  Other than the tournament, the guy hates talking b-ball.  Maybe Coach Holtz can arrange a visit with Coach Heath because we need people to support this team this season and beyond.  I look forward to the Dome getting upgrades in and around it, but we need to pack it and make USF basketball a player in this town.  Winning will go a long way and I'm glad we've got the right guy for the job.  Once he has better facilities it will be easier for him to lure better players.  And any success Coach Holtz has will also help to grow USF basketball and every other sport while growing USF's national image as a whole. 

More positive USF exposure whether it comes from Duemig or Bianchi is good for us.  I might not be a fan of Duemig, but I'm a fan of USF and am happy when anyone comes out in the media as pro-USF or pro-USF coaches.

And if the basketbulls can close strong then they'll be getting lots of positive press as well.  It's still a tough road to hoe to get into the tournament, but it is doable.  I think it's almost certain if we manage to upset Nova because that would be a third impressive win.  I doubt we do it.  We need to take out St. John's before we think of anything else.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I could have heard it wrong, but duemig basically said leavitt called into his show a couple times, but it was only when he wanted something, but not any other times. Don't know if anybody else caught that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

****, along with IB's, these are two great posts ....

wow trips, you getting on the duemig bandwagon too?

flying_pig.jpg

You don't have to be on Duemig's bandwagon to be happy when he's talking good about USF football and our HC.  I'm not a fan, but the guy gets the ratings.  And that means a lot of people hear the praise. 

Exactly .... I still think he's a self absorbed ******* but if Skip going on there on a regular basis will help the program, go for it .... I'm still not going to go out of my way to listen so hopefully if any gems are revealed, they'll be reported in here... so, sadly, they'll not be any flights from Air pork in the near future.  8-)

Archived