• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurphy sues The Tampa Tribune

bullwark

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

triple b...just go ahead and admit it.  this shouldnt of been moved.

come on, can we have a discussion about this on the main board on a tuesday night in feb?

i think the mods do a good job most of the time but i gotta say this one was a swing and a miss.

Honestly, Matt, I, personally, don't think ANYTHING that has to do with McMurphy belongs on the Main Board, but that's just me and it's not my call..... although, I could see YOUR point if this had anything at all to do with USF, but it doesn't. I'm assuming Apis was sending it to the Leavitt/Miller/McMurphy sub-board, which is where it belongs. My only concern is when we finally 86 that board, what options will we have as far as moving the BM's ******** ...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, Matt, I, personally, don't think ANYTHING that has to do with McMurphy belongs on the Main Board, but that's just me and it's not my call.....

well im sure there is A LOT of stuff unrelated to brett that you personally think shouldnt be on the main board.

but i think the main board should be for things that would be interesting to fellow members.  and when mcmurphy sues the paper he worked for cause they didnt pay him overtime for 07-09 i think most of our members would like to hear about it.  (there were 2 seperate threads in 20 minutes about it and they both got moved)

like i said, its off season for football and basketball team dont play until saturday night.

we could of left it on the board for like 6 hours or so.

mods get over jumpy sometimes.  especially when brett is envolved.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

but i think the main board should be for things that would be interesting to fellow members.

I can see why the appropriate subject material for a forum named "South Florida Bulls Athletics Main Board" would be confusing.

I think you guys should go on arguing this further.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Matt, the main board is for discussion of USF Athletics.  When you own and operate your own board, the "main" board can be whatever topics you like.  In the meantime, it isn't your call.

The rules have been in place for years, and they aren't difficult to follow.  The mods are trying to enforce the rules, which gets more difficult as posters try to create their own rules.  Do you go into your neighbors house and smoke in the living room after they asked you not to? 

The rules exist so everyone can enjoy the boards.  It's rude to make the mods continuously clean up after you, because you would like the rules to be different.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Since 2007, and now he wants to sue?!  :o

Don't you know? You're supposed to let it build and build and build and then sue for more money.

The pussification of America...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Honestly, Matt, I, personally, don't think ANYTHING that has to do with McMurphy belongs on the Main Board, but that's just me and it's not my call.....

well im sure there is A LOT of stuff unrelated to brett that you personally think shouldnt be on the main board.

You are absolutely correct ..... and it's stuff that has nothing to do with USF Athletics .... call me a rogue.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I'd agree.  This should have hung on the main board, or made it to the leavitt/miller/mcmurph board.

I think it is funny though. Him going back at the Trib after being let go from there. 

He will waste precious time fighting this.  There is very little room for writers like him. 

He has broken his last story, and outside of disgruntled USF players/coaches, no one in the future will ever talk with him because they know what that means.  So he is toast in regards to any breaking stories at USF in the future.

Since he won't have insiders anywhere else, and his bridges are burned in Tampa, I don't think he will be lurking around the halls at USF any more.  Also think he will be writing documents for corporate marketing departments in a few years, as he won't have much to offer in the papers and I doubt blogging pays very well as a career.  Especially for the likes of Bleacherreport and Fanhouse...  LOL. 

He got what he wanted.  But it comes with a cost and he will find out what a CLM that was (for those of you who said what is a CLM, it is a career limiting move). 

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I think someone will give him information but his credibility is gone even with the Jim Leavitt issue.

The quality of fanhouse stinks.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Matt, the main board is for discussion of USF Athletics.  When you own and operate your own board, the "main" board can be whatever topics you like.  In the meantime, it isn't your call.

The rules have been in place for years, and they aren't difficult to follow.  The mods are trying to enforce the rules, which gets more difficult as posters try to create their own rules.  Do you go into your neighbors house and smoke in the living room after they asked you not to? 

The rules exist so everyone can enjoy the boards.  It's rude to make the mods continuously clean up after you, because you would like the rules to be different.

haha...really?

haha.

thats all i have to say.

Archived