• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate the Beef Studs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

terrible group... i wish they would go away...

they are ridiculous and i would never partake in such embarrassing activities.

some people just shouldn't go shirtless (girls and guys)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Kick them OUT!!!

This is a message to all students on the bullspen.  Get to the PITT game early and DO NOT let the beef studs take your seats.

If they beat you to it, fine.  But we do not need another debacle like this on TV.

GO BULLS!!!

+1 on this.

By the way... Same thing happens in baseball.

They take up the first 2 rows in the student section.  However if anyone arrives before they do and sits in the front bench, they get kicked out.  Doesn't matter that they were there first!

This is definitely not right.  Is there any way to voice complaints about this to the Athletic Dept?

• Content Count:  7,796

Kick them OUT!!!

This is a message to all students on the bullspen.  Get to the PITT game early and DO NOT let the beef studs take your seats.

If they beat you to it, fine.  But we do not need another debacle like this on TV.

GO BULLS!!!

+1 on this.

By the way... Same thing happens in baseball.

They take up the first 2 rows in the student section.  However if anyone arrives before they do and sits in the front bench, they get kicked out.  Doesn't matter that they were there first!

This is definitely not right.  Is there any way to voice complaints about this to the Athletic Dept?

Actually, that's not Beef Studs. That's 'The Office'. Voted the best heckling section by Florida Umpires.

• Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

well it mainly was the USF athletics behind the whole ordeal.  I was one of the students forced out of my lucky seat that i show up an hour be fore tip off every game to get. but what ticked me off more than the BEEF STUDS having the front row is that USF Ath. chose them to be the face of the USF student fans because ESPN U was doing the campus connection when most of them there are either fairweather or bandwagon fans,now a few ( and i mean a few) of them are legit but for the most part the ones (US) that they kicked out are more passionate for the game than the beef studs. also i just skimmed through the espn 360 broadcast, and every other comment was bout the beef cruds and how they were fired up for the game, PUH-LEASE hope that they know that is the OTHER game that they painted up for.

anyways ill be in the the dome at noon sunday section D1-Row 5 Seat 10. (aka the UCF section for that area the row is so fricking bouncy and it gives you the feeling that it is going to collapse at any given moment, we hear/watch nuts being shaken off, and love watching the media people hold on to their laptops for dear life, especially when they play Kernkraft 400, shoot we're hoping that if we break it bad enough that they will remodel the dome.)

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

ESPN had a whole Stat Sheet on the Beef Studs tonight. I was at Ale House eating with pops and watching some of the game, and they were focusing on the Beefers during a timeout or something. It was neat to see the exposure, but it was lame...and they were focusing on the fat ones LOL.

• Content Count:  341
  • Days Won:  1

they should atleast throw a props to the student bulls club since they are actually donors to the athletic department, oh wait they through us out of our seats.

• Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  0

First and Foremost, In regards to the Basketball game tonight. The Beef Studs were asked by the Athletics Department and ESPN to paint prior to the game for a segment for the Campus Connection and in return were promised the front row of the Student Section for Tonight's game only. There was an issue, with the row being reserved since Athletics did not specify who the row would be for, which is how the issue with seating was started tonight. Most of the Beef Studs that were at the game tonight are usually at most if not all the sporting events, but the organization does not have the money to paint for every event. Lately, we have painted for events that the Athletics Department or the teams has specifically asked for us to show up for due to a lack of funding. The new executive board does not condone our members cussing out people or kicking them out of their seats, if someone else was in the seat first. If someone has an issue with any member cussing or trying to remove  you from your seat please let an executive board member know so they can take care of the situation, rather than posting on an open forum.

As mentioned before we did come to an agreement with the students who were in the row prior to our arrival in the section. The situation got out of hand due to confusion with security, athletics, and students.

If you have any other personal questions, comments, or concerns please just personal message me and I will forward off to the executive board of the organization.

Thanks for your time.

• Content Count:  5,241

lol. Sounds like more of a problem with athletics giving priority. 

However, First come first served is definitely the way to go.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea...disappointing decision by the ath dept.

• Content Count:  7,796

I was one of the "brave students" referred to in the original post, and here's my thoughts.

It was not completely the Beef Studs fault what happened tonight. It was Athletics. The story is that ESPN requested to have the Beef Studs up front because they were doing a campus connection piece on them. The marketing director complied and reserved the entire front row of the Studs (as well as provide cheeseburger for them while they painted up).

The other group of us arrived at 5:45 to get our usual seats. When we got in, a marketing worker informed us that we could not sit there. We explained that we pay the same tuition and athletics fees as the Studs and have as much right to sit there. She agreed with us but said she was only the messenger and went to talk to someone higher up the pecking order. Several minutes later (and after the 2nd row was already full) another marketing person shows up and gives us the same show and dance as the first.  Finally, the Studs show up about 10 minutes prior to tip. Rather than talk with us, they begin to push in. When we resist, they stop and security is called.  We first reach a compromise where the Studs could have half the row if we rest. This fell threw when a cop and additional security was brought in and scared several people off. By the end, the compromise was 7 seats at the end of the row.  Throughout the game, the Studs spread out and we lost a seat (it happens from jumping and cheering) and it made things very crowded.

After the game I talked with Bill McGillis about what transpired. I reminded him of a meeting several years ago about saving seats for football, and that the decision was made that athletics could not save seats for any organization (Beef Studs, Student Bulls Club, or Student Government) because it is unfair to other organizations and students not in those organization.  When I told him what happened, he said that whoever did this was absolutely wrong to do so and that he would find out immediately. With that he took off and talked to some marketing people.

Right now, my ire is not at the Beef Studs, its with athletics, who treated its passionate students with disrespect and sold out to ESPN.  However, Beef Studs needs to realize how this incident looks on them as an organization. The lower student section was nearly full when they arrived and forced students out, and numerous students saw this and did not like it.  While I know there is a core group of Beef Studs who attend numerous games across all sports but don't always paint up, tonight only perpetuates the stereotype that the Beef Studs are self-centered who only show up when the games on TV. It also doesn't help when over half of the Studs there tonight barely cheered nor have come to a majority of basketball games this season. I don't mind the Beef Studs as an organization, just as long as they realize that paint does not equal passion and vice versa.

Archived