• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate the Beef Studs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

The paint is supposed to represent passion, but the real passion is shown through actually cheering for the team.  If you get there first, you get the seat.  Paint earlier.  I'm now planning on getting to the game early.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone has an issue with any member cussing or trying to remove  you from your seat please let an executive board member know so they can take care of the situation, rather than posting on an open forum.

Sounds to me like posting in an open forum got your attention.  If you don't want people posting in an open forum, don't kick people out of their seats.  It doesn't matter if athletics or whoever made the mistake of promising seats, the organization should know that seats aren't guaranteed to anyone.  Everyone should know that if you want the front row seats, you have to get there first.

In football, I don't think the front row in an endzone is even the best seat, so I don't care in that case.

If someone has an issue with any member cussing or trying to remove  you from your seat please let an executive board member know so they can take care of the situation, rather than posting on an open forum.

Sounds to me like posting in an open forum got your attention.  If you don't want people posting in an open forum, don't kick people out of their seats.  It doesn't matter if athletics or whoever made the mistake of promising seats, the organization should know that seats aren't guaranteed to anyone.  Everyone should know that if you want the front row seats, you have to get there first.

In football, I don't think the front row in an endzone is even the best seat, so I don't care in that case.

Well, I think in this case, it was requested by ESPN. How many times is USF BB on ESPN? Do you say, no ESPN, other people will cry and stamp their feet and jump up and down because they don't understand that is FREE PUBLICITY for the school. And anyone watching on TV didn't get the impression that was given here, no one likes the Bull Studs.

If you want the front row to be on ESPN, then get there first.  The camera can find someone not in the front row, too.  ESPN does not dictate who sits where.

• Content Count:  2,052

Personally, I am really growing tired of how the marketing/athletic dept. is playing the beatch to ESPN. They change the schedules at a whim, demand things which go against school policies, and control things all for the great $$$ that they suppose to give to the school. Seems to me someones pocket is being lined. Enough is enough! We have had enough exposure. Let our teams speak for themselves by winning. Then ESPN will be our beatch!!! >:(

• Content Count:  4,738

I am so glad to see this thread.

**** the beef stears.  You cant call any of these people studs.  When did it become ok for a guy with Bitchtits to take his shirt off in a public place?  And who the **** painted this disgusting bastard? 

Ladies, If you want to do your school proud, get on a ******* treadmill and do some situps.  Get rid of that beer gut before you bare middriff in the name of school pride. 

Do these fucktards show up when the game isnt on ESPN?  I bet not. 

I wish I had a screenshot to post the moobs that were hanging over the court.  It was disgusting. 

These tardbags werent around in early 2000s when I was in school.  You can bet good money none of them would have taken my seat.

Maybe we can get a **** the beefstuds group together and squat in these seats next ESPN game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Personally, I thought it was great for the university. The vast majority of the public viewing audience, especially those with little to no connection with USF, will have seen that and mused about how spirited USF students are. Everybody knows of the Cameron Crazies at Duke, and they get their own section. I watched the entire ESPN2 broadcast; they referred to the Beef Studs about 6-7 times throughout the game and it was always positively. They loved the fact that spirited students painted their bodies. There was an entire stat sheet on them for about 2 minutes. It was very positive exposure for the university, whether you like it or not.

The personal attacks on peoples' weight is just plain foolish. If you want only to see fit, slim, attractive people in paint, then you should approach the Office of Admissions at USF. As an SG-funded organization, and in keeping with the spirit of the group AS IT WAS ESTABLISHED, no student is turned away from painting themselves if they would like to. If you don't want to see overweight people painting, don't let them into USF. Do you see how idiotic that viewpoint is? 

I can understand that folks would be burned that a row was saved for the Beef Studs. When I founded the group in 2001, we ensured that we were painted in time to line up in the front of the line for doors to open. We got the front row everytime because we got there first, not because it was saved for us. Perhaps this is something the group should consider. However, I doubt you're all going to change your opinion due to this kind of action. Fact of the matter is, when I talk to people associated with the university, or businesspeople in the community, they LOVE the Beef Studs. You can whine and ***** all you want, but anyone who supports USF loves to see school spirit by USF students displayed through body paint. They like school spirit displayed in lots of other ways too. But they definitely love the body paint. So while the folks who DON'T like them are coming out of the woodwork to post on this board, the vast majority of folks with an objective viewpoint will tell you it's great for the university.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Faza,

I'm not a hater by any means.  However, it seems that the Beef Studs have become more about themselves than USF.  As has already been pointed out, they are often times chatting with each other and not paying attention, while everyone else is cheering.  School spirit is more than getting painted up.  Also, they do have a sense of entitlement.

I'm sure that this is not the case with everyone involved with them, but enough of them where it is becoming a problem.

If the Beef Studs want to be respected by the rest of the student body and USF fans, the leadership needs to address these issues.

Faza,

I'm not a hater by any means.  However, it seems that the Beef Studs have become more about themselves than USF.  As has already been pointed out, they are often times chatting with each other and not paying attention, while everyone else is cheering.  School spirit is more than getting painted up.  Also, they do have a sense of entitlement.

I'm sure that this is not the case with everyone involved with them, but enough of them where it is becoming a problem.

If the Beef Studs want to be respected by the rest of the student body and USF fans, the leadership needs to address these issues.

I can see where this would be a problem. My group was founded on valuing remaining humble and respectful. We did have a problem with a change in that attitude after I left, which Brittany and I intervened to stamp out. We thought we had taken care of it. Obviously, I'm not around anymore, though I wish I was. I have another year in Miami, and will hopefully be back afterwards. While I will likely not be the "body painting doctor," I will spend more time with the group to help guide them.  A sense of entitlement does not belong, and knowing all the cheers and doing them at the appropriate times is of utmost importance. I'm not going to throw them under the bus, because I wasn't at the game, and there's often two sides to every story. But I will talk to the officers I know and gently remind them that they should actively address the perception that people have that the Beef Studs feel entitled, whether it's true or not.

• Content Count:  4,738

The personal attacks on peoples' weight is just plain foolish.

once you hang your bitchtits out for the world to see, the criticism is fair game.  Im a big guy.  I dont take my shirt off on national tv with moobs swaying to and fro.  keep your shirt on or get in a gym and you wont hear or read the criticism

The personal attacks on peoples' weight is just plain foolish.

once you hang your bitchtits out for the world to see, the criticism is fair game.  Im a big guy.  I dont take my shirt off on national tv with moobs swaying to and fro.  keep your shirt on or get in a gym and you wont hear or read the criticism

If you want to judge an invidivual for their choice to go shirtless, that is your classless prerogative. But don't attack the group for supporting anyone with USF spirit and keeping to the SG rules that require any student be allowed to participate in A&S-funded organizations.

Archived