• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rank the weaknesses of Football team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

It's the off season now, where are we weakest?

#1- Defensive Backs

#2- Quaterback

#3- Receivers

#4- Coaching Discipline "Penalties"

#5- Marketing the product

#'s 1-4 - Jimbo its up to you!  Hire some coaches who can get our DB's to hit and wrap up... Our DB's bounce off the opposing offenses like Bumper Cars at Busch Gardens, whatever happened to andre waters (ex- Eagles DB) when we had him teaching our Bulls they hit the hell out of you!  QB, well Pat is a nice kid, I probably would invite him to the house for dinner however, Please find someone new... If we could find Hall at a Junior College then maybe our QB for next year is somewhere at a JC?  Hey Dawsey teach the boys how to catch!  If you can't then take your **** up to FSU... Penalties??  Why not tie a rope to each player's unit and have a flag attached so that hangs out the top of their shirts.... Then any time the players are late to class, meetings, or break curfew yank the crap out of the flag so players associate the idea that FLAGS ARE BAD!!!!   Finally the marketing concept of "build the tradition" really fell short.... We need bodies in the stands: we need 2 for 1 sales, High School Teams invited (hell the 5 county area has what 40 high schools?) have a Team night where USF invites high school players, coaches, and THEIR PARENTS to the games, hell pass out 2-1 coupons after BUC games, OUR MARKETING DEPARTMENT IS AS CREATIVE AS A PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH!  Happy Holidays my fellow BULLS!    Later T-Man

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Stop the Penalties and turnovers and a decent QB then you'll see a competative team.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

It's the off season now, where are we weakest?

#1- Defensive Backs

#2- Quaterback

#3- Receivers

#4- Coaching Discipline "Penalties"

#5- Marketing the product

#'s 1-4 - Jimbo its up to you!  Hire some coaches who can get our DB's to hit and wrap up... Our DB's bounce off the opposing offenses like Bumper Cars at Busch Gardens, whatever happened to andre waters (ex- Eagles DB) when we had him teaching our Bulls they hit the hell out of you!  QB, well Pat is a nice kid, I probably would invite him to the house for dinner however, Please find someone new... If we could find Hall at a Junior College then maybe our QB for next year is somewhere at a JC?  Hey Dawsey teach the boys how to catch!  If you can't then take your **** up to FSU... Penalties??  Why not tie a rope to each player's unit and have a flag attached so that hangs out the top of their shirts.... Then any time the players are late to class, meetings, or break curfew yank the crap out of the flag so players associate the idea that FLAGS ARE BAD!!!!   Finally the marketing concept of "build the tradition" really fell short.... We need bodies in the stands: we need 2 for 1 sales, High School Teams invited (hell the 5 county area has what 40 high schools?) have a Team night where USF invites high school players, coaches, and THEIR PARENTS to the games, hell pass out 2-1 coupons after BUC games, OUR MARKETING DEPARTMENT IS AS CREATIVE AS A PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICH!  Happy Holidays my fellow BULLS!    Later T-Man

Our marketing department sucks too.  I really don't know much about USF marketing but UCF's is quite poor.  The marketing campaign with O'Leary was a nice attempt and probably would have done better if the product on the field produced anything.

I totally agree with giving tickets out.  For the next 5 years USF/UCF should be giving away tickets to get people into the stadium.  Many times I give some of my extras to people who haven't beento a game (I try to find people in that category) and they always tell me they would come back.  Of course, I am not sure if they ever do but at least they are exposed.

Just wanted to let you know USF is not alone in marketing problems.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

THe problem with giving tix away is that then there is NO reason to buy them. I would like to see USF offer end zone tickets cheaply like 4 for $20 to get families to game

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

One of the problems you have with "giving away tickets" is that it does little for your bottom line. Face it, anyone will use something that's free, but the real nut is getting someone to part with their cash....that's what builds your team, and USF needs the scratch.  

You could print 50,000 tickets and give them away, but what does that do to the 15K who actually purchased their tix?  At the end of the day your revenue stream comes from the 15K, not the 50K. Start charging for those tix, and attendance is back where it started.  

How many people have you given tix to, and it has resulted in them ponying up for tix of their own? I've been giving away my extra two tix  since day-1 and it has resulted in absolutely zero nuevo season ticket holders.

The occassional ticket give away is ok (we've done promotional crap at RayJ...like the military tie-in crap for the IAA games that no one wants to go to.

Gotta remember...if you're going to be going 2-for-1 on ticket sales, you have to explain to me...Mr. Season Ticket Holder & USFAA Donor exactly why I should be shouldering the burden and not going the general admission route (as it is clear that GenAdm is getting a better deal).  Remember, money is money...don't try the sentimental sell.

We need to be really hitting the Alumni hard on season ticket sales. Problem being, the bulk of our alumni never had an alegiance to USF Football.  :-/

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

They need to get some sort of alliance going with the schools in the area to get their students to the games.  Possibly give offers to parents that allow them a very cheap concession rate for their children.  the 4 tickets for $20, sound like a good idea.

Do we have any marketing at Bucs Games?  Possibly an Ad on the big screen each game?  Full page adverts in the programs?

Also what about at HS football games?  there must be ways of spreading the word there.  I have never been to one so I dont know, but do they have programs we can advertise in?   If we go for both of these we will be exposing ourselves to football hungry markets.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  143

1.  Coaching (Lack of Discipline w/ Players)

2.  Quarterback position lack of consistency

3.  Wide receivers dropping alot passes

4.  Defensive players missing tackles

Hopefully Coach Leavitt will correct these problems by next season or else USF may have to go with another direction.  The reality now is we are heading into the BIG EAST and with the reputation that is getting about not being worthy of a BCS bid, we have to do our part to make the BIG EAST worthy enough and respectful for a BCS bid.  Until then........

Here's for next season  ::drinker::

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Regarding "marketing" ... I BULLieve that winning is the best marketing for Tampa football fans. After beating gayterds two years in a row, sure there will be many wanna-be-gayterds becoming BULLS.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

1. Q-U-A-R-T-E-R-B-A-C-K

2. Size on both lines

3. Tackling

4. Discipline

5. Youth

6. LBs and DBs

Regarding marketing:

As I've always said, an empty seat wont buy a hot dog and a beer. An empty seat wont tell their friends how much fun they had at the game. An empty seat wont go buy a Bulls shirt before the game starts.

Our marketing dept sucks.

I love the idea of inviting area high school teams. How bout that empty section in the south end zone? Why is it always empty????? Fill it up with 3 or 4 high school teams per game. How cool would it be to have football players from THIS area sitting next to the opposing fans and hangin out on the south end zone plaza?

The BIGGEST need for this team though is radio exposure. I live in Brandon. 570am gets fuzzy, it seems, 3 miles away from the stadium. 570am is a christian radio station. I didnt even know 570am EXISTED until USF games were broadcast on their station.

I know they cant be on 620am due to their contract with the sorry ass Gators, but damnit let's get the Bulls on SOME kind of station that the average radio listener might "find by accident"....ie: an FM station or even 1010 again.

Until this happens, we'll be bush league.