• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU recruits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

As far as Lavonte David, I think we have 0 chance at him. Remember how much JPP wanted to come here and his coach at Fort Scott was making it as difficult as possible. If this kid already committed to Nebraska, I doubt he has any shot at changing his mind without being talked back into Nebraska.

I certainly do remember the problems we had on signing day with both JPP and JW at Fort Scott with his JUCO coach and Nebraska. But, they STIL both ended up signing with us, even though it meant sneaking off to the library to send a FAX off with their LOI's.

I think David was SUPPOSED to graduate in December, like his teammate OL Carmon [who we also recruited] and some other teammate, and that they'd all be together at Nebraska. He didn't let the NU coaches' or the Fort Scott coach know that he planned on visiting USF, because he didn't want it to get out. He must have been aware of the problems with JPP and JW. If he went to all the trouble of taking a clandestine visit to USF, knowing all the problems that might create for him if it leaked out, he must have real doubts about his verbal to NU at this point. Let's see what happens on signing day. I don't think this story is over yet.

Dominique Davis originally played at Lakeland Kathleen...committed to BC and started 6 games there before getting injured.  He's a nice athlete but I hope that's not the move the staff wants to make.  Davis threw for 50% average in JC, and 45% as a true freshman at BC.  You see the highlights but miss the low-lights.  Davis for USF would be a better WR prospect, but he wants QB and would be wise to stick at ECU.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Gunsby is exactly what I was referring to - Kid was being recruited by Skip at ECU and now the Carnes scholarship is pulled for Gunsby.  I would guess he may pull some more scholarships so he can offer to some of other players being recruited by him at ECU.  I hope Gunsby commits.  He looks great on film.

Archived