• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU recruits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Looks like Holtz is starting to play some hardball of his own with a 4-star Nebraska verbal JUCO LB Lavonte David. David is from Miami, graduated from NW HS and then attended Fort Scott CC where both Pierre-Paul and JacQuian Williams went.  I really hope we get this kid. Paybacks are a *****.  ;D ;D ;D

"Rumor is that he visited South Florida this weekend, and we all know how Bo feels about things like that if true"

"Apparently the rumor has foundations. He did take a trip to South Florida, apparently without his coach knowing about it. Either he just wanted a vacation, or he did something really stupid. With Bo's stance on solid verbal commits taking visits, I could see his scholarship being opened up for someone else to take. I don't see Bo dropping him completely, but if the slot goes to someone else, then so be it. I have no doubt that Bo told him what his policy was when he committed."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know that Jackson left school midseason. He left the team.

• Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

""Word came out on Sunday that four-star linebacker and Nebraska commit Lavonte David took a late visit to South Florida. David spoke about the trip and what it means in terms of recruiting. From the sounds of things, the trip didn't affect his commitment.""

"I'll be so happy once these kids sign. If we get Owa, Cooper, Carnes this class should be close to top 15. "

I hate Nebraska.

• Content Count:  1,251

Jeremy Deering is now saying he may come for a visit at USF.

if we get him to commit it would make me kinda forget about carnes......emphasis on kinda

• Content Count:  1,757

As far as Lavonte David, I think we have 0 chance at him. Remember how much JPP wanted to come here and his coach at Fort Scott was making it as difficult as possible. If this kid already committed to Nebraska, I doubt he has any shot at changing his mind without being talked back into Nebraska.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I never saw anywhere that Holtz would not try and poach other team's commitments.  Just like other teams do.

Also, maybe him saying that he wouldn't try and flip the kids committed to ECU is his nice way of saying that he expects the guys we recruit to be better than what he had.  I don't see anyone on their commitment list that is someone we have to have.

As far as Lavonte David, I think we have 0 chance at him. Remember how much JPP wanted to come here and his coach at Fort Scott was making it as difficult as possible. If this kid already committed to Nebraska, I doubt he has any shot at changing his mind without being talked back into Nebraska.

I certainly do remember the problems we had on signing day with both JPP and JW at Fort Scott with his JUCO coach and Nebraska. But, they STIL both ended up signing with us, even though it meant sneaking off to the library to send a FAX off with their LOI's.

I think David was SUPPOSED to graduate in December, like his teammate OL Carmon [who we also recruited] and some other teammate, and that they'd all be together at Nebraska. He didn't let the NU coaches' or the Fort Scott coach know that he planned on visiting USF, because he didn't want it to get out. He must have been aware of the problems with JPP and JW. If he went to all the trouble of taking a clandestine visit to USF, knowing all the problems that might create for him if it leaked out, he must have real doubts about his verbal to NU at this point. Let's see what happens on signing day. I don't think this story is over yet.

I certainly do remember the problems we had on signing day with both JPP and JW at Fort Scott with his JUCO coach and Nebraska. But, they STILL both ended up signing with us, even though it meant sneaking off to the library to send a FAX off with their LOI's.

I think David was SUPPOSED to graduate in December, like his teammate OL Carmon [who we also recruited] and some other teammate, and that they'd all be together at Nebraska. He didn't let the NU coaches' or the Fort Scott coach know that he planned on visiting USF, because he didn't want it to get out. He must have been aware of the problems with JPP and JW. If he went to all the trouble of taking a clandestine visit to USF, knowing all the problems that might create for him if it leaked out, he must have real doubts about his verbal to NU at this point. Let's see what happens on signing day. I don't think this story is over yet.

I see that the edit feature on this board is still screwed up.  :P

Archived