• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU recruits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think Skip said he would initiate contact to any of ECU's recruits.  If they contacted him, that would be a different story.  I'd expect to have a few at least show interest.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks-

He has a couple of three stars committed already but may have extended offers (or ECU) to some 4 star players that could be looking at USF now that he is here.

This is what I'm thinking or meant.  He (Skip) has offered (while at ECU) to some 4 star recruits.  I wonder is those recruits are looking to South Florida now.  It may be a moot point anyway, as the recruits may not have thought about ECU to start with even if offers were extended.

I located the ECU Rivals "quick list" and there are many three and four star players who they offered while at ECU. Quite a few are from Florida and ended up giving a verbal out of state and some are still uncommitted. I think that there should be a number of them who would like to play for USF. I'd be very surprised if we dont get a few visits from those guys next weekend.

http://eastcarolina.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?School=124&Sport=1&Position=4&Year=2010&qs=1

With the Carnes situation, Dominique Davis wouldn't be a bad pick-up.

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks-

He has a couple of three stars committed already but may have extended offers (or ECU) to some 4 star players that could be looking at USF now that he is here.

This is what I'm thinking or meant.  He (Skip) has offered (while at ECU) to some 4 star recruits.  I wonder is those recruits are looking to South Florida now.  It may be a moot point anyway, as the recruits may not have thought about ECU to start with even if offers were extended.

I located the ECU Rivals "quick list" and there are many three and four star players who they offered while at ECU. Quite a few are from Florida and ended up giving a verbal out of state and some are still uncommitted. I think that there should be a number of them who would like to play for USF. I'd be very surprised if we dont get a few visits from those guys next weekend.

http://eastcarolina.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?School=124&Sport=1&Position=4&Year=2010&qs=1

With the Carnes situation, Dominique Davis wouldn't be a bad pick-up.

Dominique Davis would be nice, however, hes a JuCo transfer thats already signed with ECU

I didn't realize he had already signed.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I didn't realize he had already signed.

Yeah, he was a mid year transfer.

I know that Holtz wasn't going after ECU VERBALS before they had a coach. So, now that they do, all bets are off. He certainly didn't say anything about not going after ECU recruits who had not yet given a verbal to them.

Considering how many schools are going after our verbals, I think it would be irresponsible if Holtz didn't do some poaching of his own.

• Content Count:  509

The three ECU recruits we should definitely go after in my opinion are Lee Peques (DE), Detric Allen (DB), and Desi Brown (QB). All are three are *** star recruits;  and would improve our current class filling important positions that we need to fill.

• Content Count:  6

Detric Allen does look like a solid athlete, and he commited before his senior season, so no new evaluation, could be even better, it may be hard to pull him from out of state, but i hope holtz goes after him

The funny thing is that some ECU fans want Ruffin to go after some of his old TT verbals.

Evidentyly, it's only not right when the other guy is doing it to you.  ;D

I bet Charlie Strong at Louisville is sleeping very well despite trying to steal all our verbals:

Louisville moves up Bellamy's list

InsideTheVille.com (subscription) - Mike Hughes - ‎6 hours ago‎

Strong is expected to visit with Bellamy at his home before signing day and Bellamy will probably visit with USF's new coaches before making a decision. ...

Holtz and his assistants should be trying to lure all those "Bulls" from NW HS which have given verbals to UL back into the fold and play their football as USF Bulls. Instead we have to protect ourselves from losing a LOCAL verbal who previously signed with USF.  :furious

Holtz was being a gentleman and not going after ECU recruits since they didn't have a head coach, now that they do, gloves are off! lol.

I sure hope so. Otherwise, he'll get eaten alive by all the other coaches' who have no qualms about going after our verbals.

He should remember who is paying his salary NOW.

Archived