• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett McMurph / AOL Fanhouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

I suggest a new BOARD for Jim Leavitt / Joel Miller stuff. I am very grateful for what CJL did for USF, BUT unfortunately (or fortunately) he is no longer the coach. MOST of us would like to move on. Maybe the ppl who are still interested in this saga can go to another board and post all they want about it, but the rest of us would like to move on...Just an idea to open a new board for those ppl that want to dwell on the past.

Geez, the guy was here for 14 years and is responsible for almost every bit of success this program has had.  You got him dead and buried already.  Is the Hall of Fame ever even allowed to hang a plaque for him or should we just pretend he didn't exist?

I can understand not talking about Seth Greenberg who has been gone for 7+ years, but Leavitt has been gone 7 days and was the coach for 14 years of a great ride.  It is like an Irish wake....ok, he's dead....let's drink.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I would say that after everything that has been uncovered about the way Leavitt handled this entire situation, that Mcmurphy is probably owed a great apology by a lot of USF fans.  Leavitt had a solid reputation as a person, and did great with the program, but not many people know what goes on behind closed doors, and if Leavitt's latest actions surrounding these events are a true indication of CJL's character or lack thereof, then I for one am glad that he is no longer leading our program and in a position to abuse his power and treat people horribly.  

Disagree.  This could have been handled by Brett talking with Woolard and Genshaft and letting them know what he had found.  Allowing them to respond and deal with it.  Instead, is goal all along was to kill the program, harm USF, and get Leavitt fired.  He hated Leavitt, that much seems clear to me.  I don't think this will stop, I think he is trying to build a career around one thing, harming USF coaches and USF.  It is all he knows and all the value he brings to the table. 

In making whatever deal they made, they can never publicly talk about it, though it will piss off others in the media.  Moreso, he can continue to attack USF and they are opening the doors to allow him to do so.  He will be at every event, he will be around players, he will snoop around.  He will be given carte blanche to go after future stories as a result.  Kind of like asking a known thief to watch your jewelry store while you step out.  You know what will happen - it is a given.

I believe we will pay the price for this deal in the future.  Just my opinion, but I think that will be the case.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I suggest a new BOARD for Jim Leavitt / Joel Miller stuff. I am very grateful for what CJL did for USF, BUT unfortunately (or fortunately) he is no longer the coach. MOST of us would like to move on. Maybe the ppl who are still interested in this saga can go to another board and post all they want about it, but the rest of us would like to move on...Just an idea to open a new board for those ppl that want to dwell on the past.

Geez, the guy was here for 14 years and is responsible for almost every bit of success this program has had.  You got him dead and buried already.  Is the Hall of Fame ever even allowed to hang a plaque for him or should we just pretend he didn't exist?

I can understand not talking about Seth Greenberg who has been gone for 7+ years, but Leavitt has been gone 7 days and was the coach for 14 years of a great ride.  It is like an Irish wake....ok, he's dead....let's drink.

Amen!  Jim still walks the earth, and if you dont want to read threads about him THEN DONT READ THEM!  It's like you idiots that hate smazza, but go to every single one of his threads and tell him.

I will always be a fan of Jim Leavitt and greatful for what he gave to all of us.  Jim Leavitt speculation will most likely continue for months (if not years) to come.  Get used to it.

Go Skip!

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I imagine there are those at USF that aren't fans of the athletics department. Academics or administration. This is the case at most universities. I am sure they "hear" things and can point McMurphy in the right direction.

Maybe he befriends people, takes them out to dinner, bribes them.....I don't know but I am sure there is some kind of give and take there. I mean, if the Miller's were mad that McMurphy started all of this.....then why do they give him an exclusive? Did some money exchange hands for that? Why not give a reporter who did not seem to have an axe to grind the exclusive? It definitely would then seem more credible.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Amen!  Jim still walks the earth, and if you dont want to read threads about him THEN DONT READ THEM!  It's like you idiots that hate smazza, but go to every single one of his threads and tell him.

I will always be a fan of Jim Leavitt and greatful for what he gave to all of us.  Jim Leavitt speculation will most likely continue for months (if not years) to come.  Get used to it.

Go Skip!

Amen brother and Go Skip, as well  :)

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Brett McMurphy is a cancer on this program and should be dealt with as such.

I'm not defending Leavitt. What he did, or didn't do, doesn't matter. Fact is he lied.

My opinion.

Good luck, we'll miss you.

• Content Count:  1,757

It is CLEARLY some back door shennanigans here.  McMurphy couldn't get a quote or a simple investigation story right and now all of the sudden he's Sherlock Holmes?!?!?  Someone high up (Wollard or Genshaft) is feeding him the info for sure. 

Mark my words, this whole deal (if it ever blows open) is going to rock this school.

• Content Count:  158

Go Skip!

You guys are totally taking what I was suggesting OUT of context. I Loved CJL and I would love to talk about everything he did for USF every day for years to come - I have no problems with it. I will be forever grateful and I hope they do name a road or a stadium after him. I am not trying to bury him. I just am tired of hearing about how everyone wants to fight the allegations and I slapped Miller, no I motivated Miller, no I grabbed his collar, no I grabbed his neck...it just gets old.

Unfortunately it happened and I realize that it's an ongoing investigation that many ppl will like to follow - some more than others. That is why I was only SUGGESTING a new board for it - for the ppl that want to follow every juicy article BM wants to publish about it and Cohen and Miller and Leavitt and USF....I am extremely interested in the outcome myself, and I will stay afloat on the PERTINENT news regarding it as well as the outcome. I just do not need to hear everyone's opinion on the matter when i'm trying to learn about the future of our football team and the new coach.

Yes, it's very simple for me to just not read the threads, but it was the same situation with the coach speculation - it got to be a bit much where everyone wanted to write their own opinion on it, which is why the moderators created a new room just for that purpose. Whether or not it's done - it's fine - i'll live, but it was only a suggestion to weed out a certain topic of interest and put it on its own board.

That said Thank you Jim Leavitt, I am sorry for what happened and I hope your name is rehabilitated and you find a new place to coach and are happy. AND Welcome Skip Holtz - I can't wait for Football season! GO BULLS!

really can we please move on from the Leavitt thing. He is no longer the coach and untill he or miller sues USF I don't want to hear anymore about this.

Happy Skip Holtz Day.

x10

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

I would say that after everything that has been uncovered about the way Leavitt handled this entire situation, that Mcmurphy is probably owed a great apology by a lot of USF fans.  Leavitt had a solid reputation as a person, and did great with the program, but not many people know what goes on behind closed doors, and if Leavitt's latest actions surrounding these events are a true indication of CJL's character or lack thereof, then I for one am glad that he is no longer leading our program and in a position to abuse his power and treat people horribly.  

Disagree.  This could have been handled by Brett talking with Woolard and Genshaft and letting them know what he had found.  Allowing them to respond and deal with it.  Instead, is goal all along was to kill the program, harm USF, and get Leavitt fired.  He hated Leavitt, that much seems clear to me.  I don't think this will stop, I think he is trying to build a career around one thing, harming USF coaches and USF.  It is all he knows and all the value he brings to the table.   

In making whatever deal they made, they can never publicly talk about it, though it will **** off others in the media.  Moreso, he can continue to attack USF and they are opening the doors to allow him to do so.  He will be at every event, he will be around players, he will snoop around.  He will be given carte blanche to go after future stories as a result.  Kind of like asking a known thief to watch your jewelry store while you step out.  You know what will happen - it is a given.

I believe we will pay the price for this deal in the future.  Just my opinion, but I think that will be the case.

My guess is that McM has caused the administration to be very careful in their search for a coach.  They appear to have chosen someone that will not bring scandal to the team again.  Stan Heath also appears to be that kind of guy.  But Brett still went after the BB program and Gilchrist, so I don't think having stand up coaches will prevent Brett from trying to embarrass USF.  It seems to be his goal in life.

Archived