• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz Influence on Recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I think Carnes is a must since i have little faith in our back up quarterbacks should BJ go down with an injury. Am i wrong about our quarterback situation?

You sure are wrong.  What back-ups ?   ;D  lol  Last back-up was playing WR.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, We definitely need to lock down a good backup qb.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think Carnes is a must since i have little faith in our back up quarterbacks should BJ go down with an injury. Am i wrong about our quarterback situation?

Landi could become a very good QB. He seems to have a better touch and more accuracy than BJ. If we bring in Carnes then I expect Landi will take a back seat and remain at WR, but Holtz might have other plans and open up the competition at QB.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

From what I am hearing, everyone that is committed is excited to meet him, including Carnes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

this is why he was the safe pick-- recruits know who the hell he is and respect him.

I think our recruiting efforts will be less impacted because they acted quickly on hiring a replacement. Also-- he is not planning to simply clean house--- so there is a good chance most of the main guys these recruits talked to (save Leavitt himself) will still be in the fold. Despite what some of the "fire everybody" people on here think, we do have some staff members who are very much worth keeping.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

I only watched one game of his (the championship game v Plant), and I wasn't all that impressed.  I know we need a QB, but not sure if Carnes is a "must" get.  Again, only based on the one game so it may have been an off day.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I only watched one game of his (the championship game v Plant), and I wasn't all that impressed.  I know we need a QB, but not sure if Carnes is a "must" get.  Again, only based on the one game so it may have been an off day.

look at his body of work.

he is a playmaker

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I agree. he has potential but needs lots of work. I wouldn't think it's the end of the world if we don't get him.

Guest Scherdin

Isn't Carnes a little small (height and weight) to be playing QB in the BE?

Not saying we need a Tony Pike like guy, but at least BJ and Landi are over 6'

What about the DT that decommited yesterdaty from TN, he's coming next weekend.  We need to get some guys to clog up the middle and stop the run to allow Giddens and Jules to rush the ends (reminds me of the Bucs front four with Sapp, Booge, Rice and ???)

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Could we not move Victor Marc or Issac Virgin back to QB if BJ were to go down?

If we could implement a Wildcat or Wing-T type offense I think it could still work. Why we didn't change our offense to a Wing-T or a Veer when all we had was Ronnie Banks and Julmiste I'll never know.

Archived