• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fans are a joke

Guest brian

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

Yes I could have sworn there were more Pitt fans than USF fans (of course I was sitting in section 232).  The thing that burns me up the most though was the student section, or the lack thereof.  Having to actually get up before noon is not an excuse for that section to be empty.  If we are going to be big time we need that section either full or near full every game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Fair weathered fans do not bring a program to a level of success.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Fair weathered fans do not bring a program to a level of success.  

I think you are right cool.  When the program becomes a tradition, and the students that are graduating during the football years become donors, then we will have hard core fans and not fair weathered fans.  A lot of the older alumni grew up loving basketball and football teams from around the state.  We have to build a tradition here and then maintain it.  College football is just fun to watch, even when you're team is losing.  It's just not as fun to watch then.  

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

CJL was getting heckled like I have never heard before.  I heard people all around me heckling him about the lack of discipline etc.  Hopefully CJL heard it and realizes the fans arent happy, and hopefully DW heard it as well.  Although I havent seen an AD with kahunas to do anything since PG left.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Not reading much, but certainly ready to comment..

Fans need to be there - no excuse...

That was a poor showing today - it is as if Football has become basketball.

I certainly didn't see that coming.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

Tim Brown said it best about football fans in the Tampa Bay area..........

TAMPA - Coach Jon Gruden disagrees with receiver Tim Brown's disparaging comments about Tampa Bay football fans, and lobbied for their support Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.

Brown, who joined the Bucs this season after 16 years as a Raider, criticized Tampa Bay fans during an interview Wednesday on Fox Sports Radio's J.T. "The Brick" Show, saying they did not compare to members of the Raider Nation in Oakland. Brown took issue with fans booing Bucs players.

"It's not really a football town," Brown said. "This is Tampa, the sun and fun and whatever, but it's not really a football town."

Gruden defended Tampa Bay fans.

"I just heard about those comments and I don't feel that way, I'll promise you that," Gruden said. "I do know that there have been some boos and things of that regard. Maybe some guys that have never been booed, ever, and it stings. But I don't feel that way. I know one thing, they motivate me. I respect every single one of them and we need a lot more from them this week. We need their help, big time."

Brown, a likely Hall of Fame receiver, was a target of boos from fans who objected to his frequent fair catches on punt returns.

Brown, who returned punts for several seasons with the Raiders, filled in for seven games for injured returner Joey Galloway, a role Brown did not anticipate when he signed with the Bucs. Brown's 8 yards per return is one below the league average. He called for fair catches on 12 of 18 punts he fielded.

Brown started the first three games of the season at receiver but yielded the position to rookie Michael Clayton in Week 4. Brown has 20 catches, none the past four weeks.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wooly-usf will never say no to check.

we all know what usf is it is only a question of how much

how can we get tradition when we change times,dates  on a moments notice for $$$$$$$

this was not a meaningless game by any stretch of the imagination

this was a statement game

usf sucked

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Lets not use excuses about the start time of our game or our record.  The fact is we have very few fans that actually come because they love the team.  Often at 7pm kids come just because they have nothing else to do before that evenings parties or bar hopping.  Personally, of the 20 people that come with us all the time only 7 showed up.  The rest had nothing else to do but said they weren't coming.  I called each one of them out and told them that they sucked.  Im sick of trying to get people to come to the game.  Personally I think our students suck and the turnout at the games is reflective of that.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

The fact is we have very few fans that actually come because they love the team.

...which is reflected by the fact that we have a season ticket base of under 20K.  

Sad that the last two nationally televised games have been poorly attended? I think it's more sad that we showed what a poor team we are on national television.  However, I'm guessing we will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night fodder in years to come....at least until - hopefully within my lifetime - we can afford some leverage with ESPN rather than having to always dance to their tune.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106

the stands look like S!  Big East fans must be shaking their heads to why this team is coming into their conference.  We can be a power house in the upcoming years however our fans stink.

So were you in the stadium when you posted this?