• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Brothers and Sisters, All of Us

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

At the dawn of this new era I ask that we heal the divisions among the USF fan base here and return to supporting our institution, its administrators, coaches, players and FANS.

This is a fan based message board community.  It is designed to be made up of Bulls fans for the sole purpose of supporting and discussing their teams.  It is not a public forum for just anyone to join and skewer USF or its teams because they "don't like them."

There have been rifts over the years even small things like whether the spring game should be played on campus or RJS.  But the largest have always occurred when a team is believed to have underperformed; whether that was Cardieri's baseball team, Greenberg or McCullum's basketball team, or Leavitt's football team.  In all cases the head coaches are usually forced out as is typical.

Right now we have Stan Heath and Lelo Prado both working to bring some respectability to their programs.  Heath is going to have an immensely harder time.  With the introduction of Skip Holtz today, football takes a new direction.  Let's not be knee jerk jerks, let's give these coaches the time they need to put USF Athletics in a realm never yet attained - success on the national stage.  We all want that.

Let's support our school towards that goal.

That does not mean we can't have critical discussions.  But let's be sure to fully survey the situation before beginning an all out assault on a coach or a player - or each other.  In the most extreme cases where fans will have starkly different opinions, let's develop the ability to agree to disagree without going personal on the coach or the players or ourselves.

Football is the flagship program at South Florida.  It's a new day.  I am sure there are many within the football program that would like to use today and the announcement of Skip Holtz as a new marker and a new beginning.  Let's do that too.  Let's drop our biases and our dislike for fellow Bulls fans that may have disagreed in the past and move forward.  We'll certainly disagree in the future, but let's not drag up and add to perpetual animosity towards other Bulls fans.  Let's learn from previous emotions and actions to interact with each other more positively in the future.

We've got more important and more positive things to talk about. 

Now, with the McMurphy story raging on, there will still be conversation on the past.  I'd ask that we not let that stop us from erasing the division amongst us.  We'll still discuss it.  But let's do it rationally and with a decreasing amount of emotion.  We have a new day to grasp and to move forward with.  We have a chance to unify behind our new coach.  Let's make that priority one.

Now I just banged this out in a brief few minutes because, yeah, I have other things to do too.  I just wanted to launch the plea today before Skip's introduction.  He's taking a HUGE risk stepping on board at USF and taking over a program who only knew one other coach, one other way. 

We owe it to Coach Holtz to come together in energetic and solid support of USF Football.  We owe it to Coach Holtz to get back to doing what this board was created for - to foster an online community of Bulls fans that support USF Athletics with a stong online presence while also seeking out new Bulls fans to participate online and even more importantly - at the games!  To hep grow the USF fan base.

Let's take some time to do our part as fans.  Make a donation, buy some tickets.  Send some emails.  Introduce some fans to our online community - get people involved.  Let them know we're about to stampede better and stronger than ever!  Let's do what we can as fans to be a strong positive presence as USF Football finds its way in this new era.

Go Bulls!

Brad

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

screw you brad  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

I have "discussions" with some, but I just want to take this time to say that I would enjoy a beer with ANYONE to cheer on OUR BULLS !

And another BIG Thank You to Brad for our community.

grouphug1.jpg

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I have "discussions" with some, but I just want to take this time to say that I would enjoy a beer with ANYONE to cheer on OUR BULLS !

And another BIG Thank You to Brad for our community.

grouphug1.jpg

It scares me a bit that you had that picture in the ready.  I think bull nation is ready to move-on.

• Content Count:  5,385
  • Days Won:  10

Well said.

• Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

I agree everybody here wants what is best for USF. Some of us just disagree on how we get where we want to be. Everyone is a Bulls fan.

Go Bulls

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Well said Brad.  ET I'll have that beer with you.  Its been a while since that Spring Game!

Great Day to be a Bull!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Probablly the only time this smiley will ever get used on this board...

:grouphug

Go Bulls

Archived