• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Move on Leavitt, no room for you here anymore!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Like it or not, Miller is going to get a lot of ill will coming towards him after he saddled up with Barry Cohen. A lot of people in Tampa already know that Cohen is all about. so the Miller family is going to feel the brunt of the situation from a lot of the fans. I only wished they would have chosen a different lawyer because I think things will get worse with Cohen in his corner.  I think most USF fans want everyone to move on as there is a new era here. I think USF should pay Leavitt to go away, and I hope that Miller realises that he is creating a bigger distraction right now.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

I think just as Leavitt started something, lying and trying to cover it up, so has Miler with Cohen. Their both in way over their heads with no way out. Cohen sees $$$$ and nothing else.

I don't kow Cohen's retainer fee, but I'll betcha a dollar to a donut they've used that amount a few times already. The only way Cohen gets paid is by USF.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Leavitt gets a warning and possible suspension if USF had a 10 or 11 win season in my opionion.

Leavitt gets a warning if he tells the truth from the beginning.  Leavitt gets a warning if he doesn't lie and mislead investigators.  The decision to fire Leavitt had absolutely nothing to do with the teams performance.  USF administration where still strongly behind Jim Leavitt - as was the overall majority of our fan base.

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

Like it or not, Miller is going to get a lot of ill will coming towards him after he saddled up with Barry Cohen. A lot of people in Tampa already know that Cohen is all about. so the Miller family is going to feel the brunt of the situation from a lot of the fans. I only wished they would have chosen a different lawyer because I think things will get worse with Cohen in his corner.  I think most USF fans want everyone to move on as there is a new era here. I think USF should pay Leavitt to go away, and I hope that Miller realises that he is creating a bigger distraction right now.

^ This

There will be some settlement just to keep it from going to Court.  It'll cost twice as much to take it to trial than they will end up paying if they would just take care of it now.  Major mistake hiring Cohen.  Shame on Joel Miller and Cohen for keeping this fiasco going.  CJL doesn't work here anymore.  It's time to focus on our new coach, CSH.  We now have two CSHs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Probably hard to move on when Joel Miller is blasting him publicly to "man up". Someone get that kid a public speaking coach. My goodness.

you must not have watched....

joel didn't say to man up... it was media mastermind barry cohen....

try to tell that guy who settled a 550 million dollar case to get a public speaking coach

Lawyers are not called "mouthpieces" for nothing. Whatever comes from Cohen's slimy lips are linked to Joel ... and I'm still not exactly what they'll be suing over if it comes to that.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Probably hard to move on when Joel Miller is blasting him publicly to "man up". Someone get that kid a public speaking coach. My goodness.

try to tell that guy who settled a 550 million dollar case to get a public speaking coach

Lawyers are not called "mouthpieces" for nothing. Whatever comes from Cohen's slimy lips are linked to Joel ... and I'm still not exactly what they'll be suing over if it comes to that.

i can tell you joel doesn't use the phrase 'man up'

and the LaDre incident was AFTER this one.

i can tell you joel doesn't use the phrase 'man up'

You're missing my point ... It doesn't matter that Joel doesn't use that term, his mouthpiece did ... he is speaking FOR Joel ... until he gets on a witness stand.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't get all the Barry Cohen hatred. He seems like a good attorney.

I just remember he took the Jennifer Porter case where she hit those kids and she pleaded guilty to a felony and got house arrest. Seems lenient for the situation so I would think he did a good job for his client.

I just remember he took the Jennifer Porter case where she hit those kids and she pleaded guilty to a felony and got house arrest. Seems lenient for the situation so I would think he did a good job for his client.

Who said he was bad attorney? ..... That "For The People" sleazeball is obviously a good attorney, too.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Who said he was bad attorney? ..... That "For The People" sleazeball is obviously a good attorney, too.

Gotcha.

I would think at some point, Joel's Dad felt like the family was under attack and figured "What is the best way to protect his family?"

Get a lawyer and see what he would do?

I really am surprised that when the investigation started, that Leavitt didn't get the advise of an attorney? (Maybe he did)

I doubt most attorneys would recommend a cover-up.

Actually, I would have called the attorney the moment after McMurphy called me for a comment for his original article.

What should I do in this situation to protect my $7 million. Maybe I did commit some minor form of simple battery, what could I be facing.

When you are talking about $7 million, I would want the input of an expert, not try and do some cover up on my own.

Of course, again, maybe Leavitt did get some advice but it doesn't seem to have worked out.

How he came up with that story where he was kneeling down and consoling Joel.....that just baffles me.

That is the best story you could do? No one is going to believe that. At least make it believable, you are a coach not a priest. 

Whatever. 

:2cents

Archived