• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Move on Leavitt, no room for you here anymore!

Guest Sunburned

I really am surprised that when the investigation started, that Leavitt didn't get the advise of an attorney? (Maybe he did)

Maybe he consulted one of those $95 Mall Attorney like his buddy Mizzou thought Joel Miller should have retained

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Skip is here now and we've got to worry about keeping our recruiting class and keeping our current team focused.  Admit that you slapped a kid, which was not warrented, and move on.  We cannot thank you enough for the program that you built, but you did not do enough to sustain and build upon the initial success you built.  Your Big East record speaks to that.  We wish you the best of luck! You will always have a place in history at USF!  It is certainly a shame though that your name will be tarnished because of your ego and your ability to not keep your hands off players.

most agree with this

Leavitt will be ok in the long run. He is just going through a bad time right now, but things will die down in a few years. Look at how Bobby Knight got away with abusing players. He landed on his feet, and I believe Leavitt will land on his feet. I hope USF and Leavitt can come up with a settlement to get this over with. Also, I hope Joel Miller shuts up as he is making things worse than they are.

unless leavitt admits he hit kid and gets anger management help i dont see another 1a head coaching job in his immediate future

I think just as Leavitt started something, lying and trying to cover it up, so has Miler with Cohen. Their both in way over their heads with no way out. Cohen sees $$$$ and nothing else.

I don't kow Cohen's retainer fee, but I'll betcha a dollar to a donut they've used that amount a few times already. The only way Cohen gets paid is by USF.

dont worry

usf will pay miller

their employee(leavitt)  hit the kid

easy case

usf should make an offer tomorrow at 9am and try to settle this case

I don't get all the Barry Cohen hatred. He seems like a good attorney.

I just remember he took the Jennifer Porter case where she hit those kids and she pleaded guilty to a felony and got house arrest. Seems lenient for the situation so I would think he did a good job for his client.

Who said he was bad attorney? ..... That "For The People" sleazeball is obviously a good attorney, too.

Gotcha.

I would think at some point, Joel's Dad felt like the family was under attack and figured "What is the best way to protect his family?"

Get a lawyer and see what he would do?

I really am surprised that when the investigation started, that Leavitt didn't get the advise of an attorney? (Maybe he did)

I doubt most attorneys would recommend a cover-up.

Actually, I would have called the attorney the moment after McMurphy called me for a comment for his original article.

What should I do in this situation to protect my $7 million. Maybe I did commit some minor form of simple battery, what could I be facing.

When you are talking about $7 million, I would want the input of an expert, not try and do some cover up on my own.

Of course, again, maybe Leavitt did get some advice but it doesn't seem to have worked out.

How he came up with that story where he was kneeling down and consoling Joel.....that just baffles me.

That is the best story you could do? No one is going to believe that. At least make it believable, you are a coach not a priest. 

Whatever. 

:2cents

you are thinking like a calm rational individual

Archived