• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Move on Leavitt, no room for you here anymore!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

Skip is here now and we've got to worry about keeping our recruiting class and keeping our current team focused.  Admit that you slapped a kid, which was not warrented, and move on.  We cannot thank you enough for the program that you built, but you did not do enough to sustain and build upon the initial success you built.  Your Big East record speaks to that.  We wish you the best of luck! You will always have a place in history at USF!  It is certainly a shame though that your name will be tarnished because of your ego and your ability to not keep your hands off players.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Leavitt will be ok in the long run. He is just going through a bad time right now, but things will die down in a few years. Look at how Bobby Knight got away with abusing players. He landed on his feet, and I believe Leavitt will land on his feet. I hope USF and Leavitt can come up with a settlement to get this over with. Also, I hope Joel Miller shuts up as he is making things worse than they are.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Dude Leavitt build this program from the very beginning til now, do you really expect him to move on without a fight? If I were in his shoes I'd be doing the exact same things hes doing.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Dude Leavitt build this program from the very beginning til now, do you really expect him to move on without a fight? If I were in his shoes I'd be doing the exact same things hes doing.

we probably all would...

assuming we had not told the truth from the beginning.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

And to be honest, I dont even think Leavitt can recall what exactly happened after head butting and almost knocking himself out. Yes, I think he tried motivating the players and may have slapped Miller to snap him out of it. I am not sure how hard those slaps were, and I dont think anyone will ever know how hard those slaps were.  Leavitt was fired up not because he hated his players or tried to hurt them intentionally, but because he was so upset at the way his players were performing. Leavitt put playing well before just about anything, and I think that is what set him over the edge in that locker room. In the end, Leavitt keeps his job if his team would have won more games and made some BCS appearances. Many boosters were upset about the last three years that had midseason collapse, so I believe they capitalized on this out to change coaches. Leavitt gets a warning and possible suspension if USF had a 10 or 11 win season in my opionion. Losing that bad at Rutgers hurt just about everyone after all this talk about getting revenge against Rutgers. I just felt that many thought it was time for change. I think in Leavitt's heart that he will realise that he was not fired for just one incident. On field performance played a part which is why Leavitt was acting scared about losing his job after this Fanhouse story broke. Seems that he got desperate and tried to cover some things up because he knew he would be gone if he gave USF a cause for firing. That is what I thing really went down.

• Content Count:  165

Probably hard to move on when Joel Miller is blasting him publicly to "man up". Someone get that kid a public speaking coach. My goodness.

• Content Count:  1,777

And to be honest, I dont even think Leavitt can recall what exactly happened after head butting and almost knocking himself out. Yes, I think he tried motivating the players and may have slapped Miller to snap him out of it. I am not sure how hard those slaps were, and I dont think anyone will ever know how hard those slaps were.  Leavitt was fired up not because he hated his players or tried to hurt them intentionally, but because he was so upset at the way his players were performing. Leavitt put playing well before just about anything, and I think that is what set him over the edge in that locker room. In the end, Leavitt keeps his job if his team would have won more games and made some BCS appearances. Many boosters were upset about the last three years that had midseason collapse, so I believe they capitalized on this out to change coaches. Leavitt gets a warning and possible suspension if USF had a 10 or 11 win season in my opionion. Losing that bad at Rutgers hurt just about everyone after all this talk about getting revenge against Rutgers. I just felt that many thought it was time for change. I think in Leavitt's heart that he will realise that he was not fired for just one incident. On field performance played a part which is why Leavitt was acting scared about losing his job after this Fanhouse story broke. Seems that he got desperate and tried to cover some things up because he knew he would be gone if he gave USF a cause for firing. That is what I thing really went down.

chances are if the team was pulling out 10 or 11 wins seasons the headbutting antics and shoulder pad shaking antics would not be necessary.  If you look at the coaches that won national championships in the last 10 years they apparently did not find it necessary to pull the type of antics Leavitt did.  The phrases I usually hear about those coaches are "stern disciplinarians" or "clever" never really heard the Steve Martin/Dan Akroid "Wild and Crazy Guys"....

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Probably hard to move on when Joel Miller is blasting him publicly to "man up". Someone get that kid a public speaking coach. My goodness.

you must not have watched....

joel didn't say to man up... it was media mastermind barry cohen....

try to tell that guy who settled a 550 million dollar case to get a public speaking coach

• Content Count:  165

you must not have watched....

joel didn't say to man up... it was media mastermind barry cohen....

try to tell that guy who settled a 550 million dollar case to get a public speaking coach

I apologize, ESPN's bottom line screwed up royally because me an a group of others read it as him saying it.

Sorry.

Archived