• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Listening to the interview, anyone else get the feeling...

Guest hm101

http://pirateradio1250.com/pod/special/SkipHoltz_011410.mp3

Anyone else get the feeling here that Skip isn't as excited about this as he should be? He hasn't said once that he is excited, anything about Tampa, anything about the opportunity to play in a BCS bowl... he clearly says its not a professional or a career move, its a family move. Either he is playing nice and saving it for tomorrow, or he genuinely thinks of this as a neutral move and only cares about being an hours drive away from his family. I hope he actually cares about, oh you know, the JOB that he's coming down here for.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This interview is clearly for the benefit of ECU and it's fans.  He's mentioned over and over again how good ECU is going to be, how difficult to leave, what great football players they have...

Tomorrow will be the USF pep rally.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Local consumption stuff.  Very nice guy and is not burning bridges.  Class act!

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Hopefully, he'll gush tomorrow. Probably doesn't want to appear too happy until he's out of town. I hope.  :-\

• Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Tomorrow will be the..."I'm here to win a National Championship for South Florida, something I could not have said in the past as a head coach!"

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

The picture of Skip throwing up the horns says it all. That's a huge grin on his face!!!!

He (and War Bumblebee) also said a lot of good things about the USF situation during the process.

• Content Count:  178

You are reading WAY to much into things!

• Content Count:  1,204

And look at his video at gousfbulls.com.  He seems pretty excited to me.  But I think he's careful not to slap ECU in the face.  Family is a big reason for him to be here, but the guy wants to win and he is a proven winner.  Very much into the concept of team from the football team to the administrators to the fans.  

I loved hearing JP Peterson gush about him earlier today too.  He knew him at FSU.  The guy loves football and loves winning.  He also can win conference titles and has been able to get his teams to hang with teams no one thinks they should hang with.

We've got talent and I think we've underachieved on many occasions.  I think Holtz can get our talent to overachieve on a consistent basis and that will translate into Big East titles, BCS berths, and maybe shots at BCS titles.  I'm excited.  I'm grateful for what Leavitt did for us but I've wondered since 2008 if maybe he couldn't get us over the hump.  I didn't want it to end the way it did, but I like our chances with Skip Holtz and think we just improved dramatically in our chances to take the Big East next year.

Archived