• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fulmer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

No to fulmer.

He is past his prime based on his last years at UT.

He makes programs a mess (ie graduation rates, APR, etc).  

He is known for having thugs.

We have enough to clean up wtih our program based on what I saw this year.  Last thing we need is a guy who will make it worse than it already is.

I say no way to Fulmer.  Please do not come here.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Could we even afford him?

If we aren't going to open up the proverbial pocketbook, we won't get anyone of his caliber.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

No also, I just get that he is past his prime.

I think there are better options out there.

• Content Count:  1,633

And I'm pretty sure Phil isn't the only coach to recruit thugs at UT...The Football and Basketball teams have been running pretty hard lately.

• Content Count:  12,293

sounds a lot like the comments when there was talk about bobby huggins coming to coach our bball.

now look at huggins and what he is doing up at west virigina.

i wouldnt be upset with this hire. 

• Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

I would be upset at this hire. His better days are behind him. Yes, we could afford him for sure as there really are no other schools going after him. He would work for less at USF.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I say yes to Fulmer.  Our Academic Advisory Committee will keep kids out of the school who are not up to snuff.  We have had our share of thugs before without Fulmer, so whats the difference anyway?  Dude won an average of 9 to 10 games per year.  Mix that in with our conference schedule and I like our chances to win the Big East. 

By the way, I'm sure the Fulmer Cup was started by a Vol Hater.  It would be just like a UCF fan starting up the Leavitt Cup.................

Sure his best coaching days are over, but its still better than anyone else out there.  I can live with an overweight coach that wins 10 games per year, at least for a few years.................. 

• Content Count:  1,079

I want to win, but not if it means we become a school full of thugs and unruly football players.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I want to win, but not if it means we become a school full of thugs and unruly football players.

Its not like we were ever the Duke or Stanford of college football.  We have more in common with the type of athlete Tennessee gets opposed to true academic schools with football teams.  I'm sure we had plenty of kids that fell into the thug category originally and ended up staying out of trouble during their stay at USF.  It really wouldn't be anything different than we've done in the past, remember the name Brian Fisher?  Fulmer would put us in the Top 10 and would do a heck of a job recruiting the state.  I think he's the best option now that Tubs is going to TT. 

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I think Fulmer is going to come in with thi presence of "Dont you know who I am?? I'm Phil Fulmer! I won a national championship in 1998 dammit! Why havent you hired me yet?! RabbleRabbleRabble!"

Archived