• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm hoping that.......

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Knowing where this was being directed heading, that our admin was smart enuf to already have a replacement before they fired Leavitt & they just aren't announcing it for whatever "CYA" reasons.  If not, they weren't doing their job IMO.  3 weeks to signing day is no time for an interim coach!  Recruits need to know REAL SOON, who they will be playing for.  This is not UF.

That said, We all need to forget about the "I don't see this candidate as long term" because this is 2010, not 1960.  The Joe Pa's & Bobby Bowden's staying somewhere for 600 years are over.  Leavitt was the only "long term" chance we had & he's gone!

Now, we need a good coach to come in & win conf championship(s)!  When he leaves, we find the next!

HOPEFULLY, HE'S ALREADY BEEN HIRED!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I completely agree. the future is NOW! This about getting the best possible. It is up to the University to keep a good coach.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

There is nothing wrong with the interim tag. That is pretty standard in this type of situation.

I'd be pretty safe in assuming that a list was compiled of coaches to contact if this situation presented itself.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Going along with your heading...

In the three weeks of interviews Ms. Judy and DW at least talked about HOW they were going to proceed with program.

There is nothing wrong with the interim tag. That is pretty standard in this type of situation.

I'd be pretty safe in assuming that a list was compiled of coaches to contact if this situation presented itself.

Interim is OK between end of season & bowl game, not 3 weeks til signing day.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Because of the way, and the timing, of how this all went down the immediate future is most important.  I don't care if this hire is only here for 2 to 3 years.  The most important thing right now is to stabilize the current situation and be able to secure the top recruits for this season.  That's where a big name is most important.  I would like to see the next coach be young and around for a long time, but if we don't stabilize the current mess in the direct, immediate future it won't matter because it will take a good 4 to 5 years to get back to credibility.  All momentum will have been undone and we slide into a situation that the basketball team found itself in for the last 7 years or so.  

• Content Count:  2,016

I'm sure that Wollard has a list of possible candidates, after all you never know when your coaches are going to leave.  Big name is not necessary to stabilize the situation, a coach the recruits can relate to and like is the most important thing.  Any coach coming here can also point out that he is new here so everyone has an equal chance of competing for their position, no preconceived notions.

• Content Count:  5,241

Just throw whatever money we have at tubberville please!

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

USF moves slow on these things, so I am not holding my breathe.

USF moves slow on these things, so I am not holding my breathe.

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right.  Hence the "then they aren't doing their job" part of my original post.

Archived