• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Arrogance and ego got Jim Leavitt fired at USF" -- Mike Bianchi

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

So Mission, let me get this right? You dont believe the report?

It seems that a case was being built against Leavitt not a thorough report. Something unfortunate did happen. For the 100th time (you can go back for months and see)  I am not a fan with green and gold glasses bowing to CJL's greatness.  I just look at who pushed for this and wonder what the motivation was.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

this from the same guy who said after we beat FSU how we had left UCF in our dust and how CJL was the best coach ever (more or less paraphrasing).  Hmm, how 2 months changed him.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It seems that a case was being built against Leavitt not a thorough report. Something unfortunate did happen. For the 100th time (you can go back for months and see)  I am not a fan with green and gold glasses bowing to CJL's greatness.  I just look at who pushed for this and wonder what the motivation was.

The motivation was in the report. Did you read it. CJL's job is on the line. He is a type A person. After the crappy play 1st quarter of the Louisville game, the second worse team in the Big East, he is VERY upset and angry, again all in the report. He lashes out and strikes someone who made a key error in the first half. Several see it. The player tells others and his dad. His dad tells the press. USF responds with an investigation WITH OUTSIDE SUPERVISION SO CONSPIRACY THEORISTS HAVE NO REASON TO QUESTION THE REPORT (USF underestimates the power of the conspiracy crowd, should have spent ten's of thousands on attorneys and special investigators), report is issued showing attack more then likely happened from original statements from Miller PLUS several witnesses to original attack, later retraction by Miller, but none by witnesses. CJL inappropriately has contact with witnesses after investigation starts. After report submitted to Woollard, CJLfired. And here we are.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

this from the same guy who said after we beat FSU how we had left UCF in our dust and how CJL was the best coach ever (more or less paraphrasing).  Hmm, how 2 months changed him.

hopefully no one went as far as to say that CJL was the best coach ever.  i still think we left UCF in our dust.  Thanks, in large part, to Leavitt.  but I remember most people after the FSU win being all about Tresey not Leavitt.

but you seem to remember a specific post by bruce i guess.

• Content Count:  4,078

The motivation was in the report. Did you read it. CJL's job is on the line. He is a type A person. After the crappy play 1st quarter of the Louisville game, the second worse team in the Big East, he is VERY upset and angry, again all in the report. He lashes out and strikes someone who made a key error in the first half. Several see it. The player tells others and his dad. His dad tells the press. USF responds with an investigation WITH OUTSIDE SUPERVISION SO CONSPIRACY THEORISTS HAVE NO REASON TO QUESTION THE REPORT (USF underestimates the power of the conspiracy crowd, should have spent ten's of thousands on attorneys and special investigators), report is issued showing attack more then likely happened from original statements from Miller PLUS several witnesses to original attack, later retraction by Miller, but none by witnesses. CJL inappropriately has contact with witnesses after investigation starts. After report submitted to Woollard, CJLfired. And here we are.

I am not part of any crowd.  I am one man with one opinion.  I was not a big fan of Leavitt's philosophy especially on offense.  I think that he did do something out of line.  The conflicting reports as far as who saw what and who said what is unsettlling.  The fact that the 2 people in the media pushing for his ouster are in no way shape or form fair and balanced in their assessment of the program is bothersome.  Where was the legitimate media?  It seems that Auman reported both sides of the story.  

• Content Count:  3,084

hopefully no one went as far as to say that CJL was the best coach ever.  i still think we left UCF in our dust.  Thanks, in large part, to Leavitt.  but I remember most people after the FSU win being all about Tresey not Leavitt.

Hes def not talking about me, I never said any of that about Leavitt.  Or talk about or brag about being better than UCF .  i dont know who incredibull who i learned would want to scrap with me if we met one on one.  that would be funny.  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Hes def not talking about me, I never said any of that about Leavitt.  Or talk about or brag about being better than UCF .  i dont know who incredibull who i learned would want to scrap with me if we met one on one.  that would be funny.  ;D

You two may want to check out the thread title and original post ...

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

My post was about Beyotchy.  The OS writer.  He said how good USF was and Leavitt was after the FSU win.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I am not part of any crowd.  I am one man with one opinion.  I was not a big fan of Leavitt's philosophy especially on offense.  I think that he did do something out of line.  The conflicting reports as far as who saw what and who said what is unsettlling.  The fact that the 2 people in the media pushing for his ouster are in no way shape or form fair and balanced in their assessment of the program is bothersome.  Where was the legitimate media?  It seems that Auman reported both sides of the story.  

Go and read the report. More then one player that could see everything said that JL grabbed his throat or near and throat and slapped him. Others saw parts of that. No one saw JL on his knees as he states. Everyone said he was angry. In my mind, he did it. He shouldn't have. He's gone. Sucks, but that is the world today. Everyone needs to move on, he is not coming back.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

wouldnt it be easier to say "hey he is talking about mike bianchi"???

Archived