• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Arrogance and ego got Jim Leavitt fired at USF" -- Mike Bianchi

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

aybe next coach will see merits of playing UCF

Mike Bianchi SPORTS COMMENTARY

Running off at the typewriter. …

In these parts, we knew USF head coach Jim Leavitt as the haughty, highhanded jerk who thought his program was too big and too important to play an annual football game with UCF -- a sister school and natural rival only 90 miles away.

Seems to me it was this same arrogance that led to Leavitt's ultimate firing at USF Friday. Ostensibly, Leavitt was ousted for grabbing player Joel Miller and punching him earlier this season, but I believe the coach's own self-importance and ego did him in more than anything.

Leavitt could have easily survived the alleged punching incident if he'd quickly apologized to the player and kept the situation in-house. Instead, according to AOL's FanHouse.com -- the news organization that originally broke the story -- Leavitt met with the player after the incident and threatened him.

"I am the most powerful man in the building." Leavitt warned Miller.

USF deserves credit for conducting a swift and honest internal investigation without worrying about the PR consequences. And thank goodness the Bulls finally found a reason to get rid of a coach whose renegade program was devoid of discipline, decency and academic credibility.

Leavitt bullied his players, his assistant coaches, his administration and the media. He believed because he started the program; he was bigger than the program.

What a windfall this is for USF. The school rids itself of the boorish coach without having to pay off his exorbitant contract. Now, the Bulls can go hire a better coach like Tommy Tuberville who will improve USF on the field and make the program more likeable off of it.

Even if USF's next coach doesn't see the benefit of playing an annual game with UCF, I'm still glad to see Leavitt go.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bianchi-notes-0109-20100108,0,6977689.column

I wanna puke for posting this. Sorry.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Well its pretty obvious that Leavitt was arrogant enough to think he could get off the hook by lying. Especially his, I'm the most important person in this building statement. I mean, he was almost set up to fall with all the history, contract, control, right?

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

aybe next coach will see merits of playing UCF

Mike Bianchi SPORTS COMMENTARY

Running off at the typewriter. …

In these parts, we knew USF head coach Jim Leavitt as the haughty, highhanded jerk who thought his program was too big and too important to play an annual football game with UCF -- a sister school and natural rival only 90 miles away.

Seems to me it was this same arrogance that led to Leavitt's ultimate firing at USF Friday. Ostensibly, Leavitt was ousted for grabbing player Joel Miller and punching him earlier this season, but I believe the coach's own self-importance and ego did him in more than anything.

Leavitt could have easily survived the alleged punching incident if he'd quickly apologized to the player and kept the situation in-house. Instead, according to AOL's FanHouse.com -- the news organization that originally broke the story -- Leavitt met with the player after the incident and threatened him.

"I am the most powerful man in the building." Leavitt warned Miller.

USF deserves credit for conducting a swift and honest internal investigation without worrying about the PR consequences. And thank goodness the Bulls finally found a reason to get rid of a coach whose renegade program was devoid of discipline, decency and academic credibility.

Leavitt bullied his players, his assistant coaches, his administration and the media. He believed because he started the program; he was bigger than the program.

What a windfall this is for USF. The school rids itself of the boorish coach without having to pay off his exorbitant contract. Now, the Bulls can go hire a better coach like Tommy Tuberville who will improve USF on the field and make the program more likeable off of it.

Even if USF's next coach doesn't see the benefit of playing an annual game with UCF, I'm still glad to see Leavitt go.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bianchi-notes-0109-20100108,0,6977689.column

I wanna puke for posting this. Sorry.

:m16.  Bitchie is just like DUImig and McTurdy, would rather the USF program not exist.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Not that it's inaccurate, but it's pretty funny to see Mike Bianchi talking about anyone else's arrogance and ego. I'm surprised he fits through his front door at night with how swelled his own head is.

Not that it's inaccurate, but it's pretty funny to see Mike Bianchi talking about anyone else's arrogance and ego. I'm surprised he fits through his front door at night with how swelled his own head is.

:clap

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea bianchi calling out someone for their eqo is like the sun calling someone too hot.

he wishes usf would play ucf more so he could cover the disaster and trash ucf some more.

for as bad as everyone thinks brett is...bianchi is worse.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Whoa there, podna ..... Bainchi takes bad situations and hammers them. BM tries to create those bad situations and he finally got one right .....

blindsquirrel.jpg

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

brett finds someone who will give him a story on a bad situation and doesnt research it but atleast writes well.

bianchi is terrible.

Whoa there, podna ..... Bainchi takes bad situations and hammers them. BM tries to create those bad situations and he finally got one right .....

blindsquirrel.jpg

:ROFLMAO

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

brett finds someone who will give him a story on a bad situation and doesnt research it but atleast writes well.

bianchi is terrible.

Brett finds someone who makes up a story on a bad situation and doesnt research it ...

Archived