• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joe Schad giving teasers via twitter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Lol that has nothing to do with what those teams would do if they played us. In fact your using bowl games. Bowl games which teams like utah beat alabama but end up still national championship contenders the next year. Bowl games are useless arguments. We wouldnt have won C-USA. Houston would of dropped 90 on us. Hahaha, bullshiznitz im a realist. Take off your green and gold goggles. I used to be just like you. Usf can do no wrong. Why am i a fan? Probably because I was a student athlete for the school you root for. I don't think you want to question my "fanhood"  You my friend need to snap into a slim jim. You constantly try to find my posts to comment right behind me. Haha, but I like it. Not getting anywhere, but I like it.

A realist?  Ha, thats about the funniest thing Ive read on these boards in a while.  Fine, can't use bowl games, well how lets look at the rest of this powerhouse conference.  You have Southern Miss who went 5-3 in conference.  The same Southern Miss that lost games to UAB (5-7), Louisville and Middle Tenn St.  You have SMU who went 6-2.  The same SMU who lost to 1-11 Wash St.  and a Marshall team about on par with a 2008 Memphis team (team we beat by 27).  Then you have that great Houston team, the Houston team who's outstanding defense gave up an average of 45 points to offensive juggernauts UCF, ECU, UTEP and Tulsa.  Yep, not a mistype, an average of 45 points given up to those teams. And thats not counting that clown stomping they took by a midlevel MWC team in their bowl (since I cant use that - or maybe because those facts dont back up your ridiculous arguement) Yeah silly me with my "green and gold" goggles. 

See the funny thing about being a "realist".....you don't use silly emotional arguments with ZERO rational behind them. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The funny thing about the consistently negative people, they believe they are just being, "realists".  When in fact, the reality is, no one knows if we could have won C-USA either of the last two years.

In my opinion, we could have had a very good chance to win it both of the last two seasons.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Lol that has nothing to do with what those teams would do if they played us. In fact your using bowl games. Bowl games which teams like utah beat alabama but end up still national championship contenders the next year. Bowl games are useless arguments. We wouldnt have won C-USA. Houston would of dropped 90 on us. Hahaha, bullshiznitz im a realist. Take off your green and gold goggles. I used to be just like you. Usf can do no wrong. Why am i a fan? Probably because I was a student athlete for the school you root for. I don't think you want to question my "fanhood"  You my friend need to snap into a slim jim. You constantly try to find my posts to comment right behind me. Haha, but I like it. Not getting anywhere, but I like it.

A realist?  Ha, thats about the funniest thing Ive read on these boards in a while.  Fine, can't use bowl games, well how lets look at the rest of this powerhouse conference.   You have Southern Miss who went 5-3 in conference.  The same Southern Miss that lost games to UAB (5-7), Louisville and Middle Tenn St.  You have SMU who went 6-2.  The same SMU who lost to 1-11 Wash St.  and a Marshall team about on par with a 2008 Memphis team (team we beat by 27).  Then you have that great Houston team, the Houston team who's outstanding defense gave up an average of 45 points to offensive juggernauts UCF, ECU, UTEP and Tulsa.   Yep, not a mistype, an average of 45 points given up to those teams. And thats not counting that clown stomping they took by a midlevel MWC team in their bowl (since I cant use that - or maybe because those facts dont back up your ridiculous arguement) Yeah silly me with my "green and gold" goggles.   

See the funny thing about being a "realist".....you don't use silly emotional arguments with ZERO rational behind them. 

I'll play along. Team A with a final record of 1-10, beat team B with a final record of 10-1 that beat team C that finished 10-1. So, therefore team A is better than team C, right?? WRONG!! Here's an  actual example that happened this year. The Browns beat the Steelers, the Steelers beat the Packers, so the Browns are better than the Packers, right?? WRONG!! What did USF do while in CUSA, that is what really matters, not who beat who since USF left. You are NOT a realist, you are a HOMER!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

The funny thing about the consistently negative people, they believe they are just being, "realists".  When in fact, the reality is, no one knows if we could have won C-USA either of the last two years.

In my opinion, wecould have had a very good chance to win it both of the last two seasons.

What did USF do while in the conference? That is what matters. I've seen the word "could" discredited when used by reporters, yet you use it to bolster your argument.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

ha ha SFU homers are hilarious.  tghe longer jim levvitt stays at SFU the more obviuous it becomes that SFU was unworthy of BCS affiliation.

The University of Central Florida competes for conference titles every season the Tampa branch of Florida Southern University stays in the basement of the weakest BCS conf.

the jim makes UCF look good to recruits!

ahahahaha!  man put down the crack, step away from your pipe.  UCF competes for Jr college conference championships while CJL and the boys continue to build a powerhouse team.  If UCF had joined the BE instead of USF, they'd be winless in conference.  O'Liar-y would have been Syracuse's bi+ch.  Ohh, but you finally beat a ranked team after all these decades... Houston was it?!?  HA!   

Weakest BCS conference?  Now that's another joke.  The Big East has had a top 2-3 ooc record since the re-alignment.  UCiF wouldn't last a minute against that level of competetion.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

A realist?  Ha, thats about the funniest thing Ive read on these boards in a while.  Fine, can't use bowl games, well how lets look at the rest of this powerhouse conference.   You have Southern Miss who went 5-3 in conference.  The same Southern Miss that lost games to UAB (5-7), Louisville and Middle Tenn St.  You have SMU who went 6-2.  The same SMU who lost to 1-11 Wash St.  and a Marshall team about on par with a 2008 Memphis team (team we beat by 27).  Then you have that great Houston team, the Houston team who's outstanding defense gave up an average of 45 points to offensive juggernauts UCF, ECU, UTEP and Tulsa.   Yep, not a mistype, an average of 45 points given up to those teams. And thats not counting that clown stomping they took by a midlevel MWC team in their bowl (since I cant use that - or maybe because those facts dont back up your ridiculous arguement) Yeah silly me with my "green and gold" goggles.   

I'll play along. Team A with a final record of 1-10, beat team B with a final record of 10-1 that beat team C that finished 10-1. So, therefore team A is better than team C, right?? WRONG!! Here's an  actual example that happened this year. The Browns beat the Steelers, the Steelers beat the Packers, so the Browns are better than the Packers, right?? WRONG!! What did USF do while in CUSA, that is what really matters, not who beat who since USF left. You are NOT a realist, you are a HOMER!!

Nice comparison that I wasn't even making.  You're reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. 

My point, obviously lost on your pessimestic outview, is that the quality of teams in that conference are barely, if at all above the NIU team we just beat - easily.  The top teams in that conference are about on par - barely - with mid-level - lower BCS teams.  Would we have run through the conference undefeated.....maybe, maybe not.  But any realist, or someone not hellbent on tearing down anything and everything about this program, can see their top teams (Houston, ECU, UCF, etc...) are AT BEST near the middle of our conference (although with WVU's easy win over ECU and Rutgers win over UCF - thats even stretching it). 

And the arguement that was brought up is whether we would/could have won CUSA the PAST 2 YEARS.  What the hell does how we did in the conference over 5 years ago mean?  Especially since the conference looked vastly different. 

Now since I'm "the homer".....why don't you bring realistic comparisons showing otherwise.  Not "well Houston would hang 90 on us"...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

In my opinion, wecould have had a very good chance to win it both of the last two seasons.

What did USF do while in the conference? That is what matters. I've seen the word "could" discredited when used by reporters, yet you use it to bolster your argument.

My argument was that no one knows what could have happened.  After that, I expressed my opinion, and my opinion only. Not to, "bolster" my argument.  I'm not sure why this got your panties in a wad.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

In message board nomenclature it's called being a "clown chaser".

He needs to learn how to chum .... keeps chasing to a minimum.

• Content Count:  7,201

How about this logic I saw posted earlier.

USF beat WVU, who beat Rutgers, who beat USF.  USF and Rutgers won their bowls, but WVU did not.  Yet WVU was ranked up until the bowl game and will still probably finish in the top 25.  Sort that one out for me if you can, using some level of logic and reason.

• Content Count:  7,201

ha ha SFU homers are hilarious.  tghe longer jim levvitt stays at SFU the more obviuous it becomes that SFU was unworthy of BCS affiliation.

The University of Central Florida competes for conference titles every season the Tampa branch of Florida Southern University stays in the basement of the weakest BCS conf.

the jim makes UCF look good to recruits!

ahahahaha!  man put down the crack, step away from your pipe.  UCF competes for Jr college conference championships while CJL and the boys continue to build a powerhouse team.  If UCF had joined the BE instead of USF, they'd be winless in conference.  O'Liar-y would have been Syracuse's bi+ch.  Ohh, but you finally beat a ranked team after all these decades... Houston was it?!?  HA!   

Weakest BCS conference?  Now that's another joke.  The Big East has had a top 2-3 ooc record since the re-alignment.  UCiF wouldn't last a minute against that level of competetion.

The Big East went 4 - 2 in bowls this year.  I think it was 3 - 2 last year, and 5 - 0 the year prior.  Not a sucky conference.  And Sagarin ranks both Big 10 and ACC behind the BE from a football conf perspective.

Archived