• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A lot of "chatter"

Brad

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

so is it possible mcmurphy actually got a story right.....or is this just heading in a whole new direction?

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I said this awhile ago, that something didn't smell right. Despite it coming from a weezel. I do believe that USF would have come out sooner then later to kill the rumors and speculations. So it wouldn't kill the bowl game and recruiting. But if they come out and say no harm, no foul this late in the process. It could hurt the relationship between Jim and the university.

Guest Scherdin

I just hope that Leavitt resigns and we dont have to pay the buyout, then we can hire a coach that deserves to be the highest paid coach in the Big East.

If this is true, we are screwed!  Who would we get? It's a little late to go after any top potential replacements for a head coach.  All the highly touted ones are gone or have now been locked up to long term deals.  We'll get stuck with some B rated or the nice "interim" coach for next season, that will help this program.

Plus all the recruits, this year and last year are gone.  No one will stick around to have someone rebuild the program or to have to put up with this drama.

If the investigation has found something legitimate, then they need to act now!!  Start cleaning up the mess and move on, other wise this is only going to get worse

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

But if they come out and say no harm, no foul this late in the process. It could hurt the relationship between Jim and the university.

I don't think an exoneration at this point hurts the relationship between CJL and USF, I think it hurts USF's reputation, both in-state and nationally.  The feeling will be, "what are they hiding down there in Tampa?"

There's a feeling outside of USF that Leavitt has too much power within the athletic department and that he gets whatever he wants - an exoneration, especially one with no explanation of what went on in the investigation, would only reinforce that belief.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I just hope that Leavitt resigns and we dont have to pay the buyout, then we can hire a coach that deserves to be the highest paid coach in the Big East.

If this is true, we are screwed!  Who would we get? It's a little late to go after any top potential replacements for a head coach.  All the highly touted ones are gone or have now been locked up to long term deals.  We'll get stuck with some B rated or the nice "interim" coach for next season, that will help this program.

Plus all the recruits, this year and last year are gone.  No one will stick around to have someone rebuild the program or to have to put up with this drama.

If the investigation has found something legitimate, then they need to act now!!  Start cleaning up the mess and move on, other wise this is only going to get worse

we already have some B rated coach

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

So do you think that while the investigation may find that CJL did not do what the BM report alleged, it will bring to light some "inappropriate behavior" (aka "shaking" players, head butting players helmets, etc) that, when combined with his on the field antics, may allow the University to find cause to let him go without having to buy him out?

+1 You do an audit of any institution and you can find some rule breaking somewhere. If enough players are "upset" with CJL, he will be done for in the investigation. They know if they come out against him, CJL can't do anything because it would look poorly if he retaliated against what was said in a "private" investigation.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

It is late in the process. I suppose you could promote Joe Treasey as "interim" that would keep some continuity and hopefully hang onto most of your commits, (somehow I doubt we would see a mass exodus of recruits if CJL left, usually when coaches leave you only see a few recruits back out). Then see how next year goes and make a hire from there. Way too early but just speculating.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

dang so leavitt is actually gonna be gone....so the downfall of USF football begins today.....how many recruits do we lose?  i say 7....

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

But if they come out and say no harm, no foul this late in the process. It could hurt the relationship between Jim and the university.

I don't think an exoneration at this point hurts the relationship between CJL and USF, I think it hurts USF's reputation, both in-state and nationally.  The feeling will be, "what are they hiding down there in Tampa?"

There's a feeling outside of USF that Leavitt has too much power within the athletic department and that he gets whatever he wants - an exoneration, especially one with no explanation of what went on in the investigation, would only reinforce that belief.  

Wouldn't think that Jim would feel a little resentment. This is a big distraction to the team and his recruiting.

Archived