• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Supposedly Brett McMurph is on Marc Daniels Show before 9:30

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

basically rehashing his story

Exactly.  Nothing really new that I heard - the trouble with him now is that he's the only one on his side right now - no one is backing him up, and that's a problem. 

only new thing is that the coach is a deacon and isn't changing his story.

However, didn't I read that the coach said when the story broke that that was the first time he'd heard about it?

I listened to Greg on 1010's USF Magazine...  Couple interesting things:

1) HS Coach says he talks to Miller on at least a weekly level and talked to him after all the games including the Louisville game.  He only heard about the incident a week ago Thursday from a 3rd party.  He said he would not comment on incident because he does not know what happened.

2) Coach says quotes are completely out of context.  He answered the question what would you do if you heard of a coach hitting players.  Brett used his answer to mean USF.

3)  Dad says quotes are completely out of context.

So if you look at article, 2 quotes from dad and HS coach are the damning material.  Well if both say those quotes are taken out of context and you remove those from the article you really don't have much to stand on.

BINGO!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Dude, it's starting to feel like something happened. I just feel weird about this whole thing. I'm not jumping to anyone side yet. Until the school comes out with an report on the  matter. I'm hoping nothing happen, because I don't want Jim to go out like this. Plus it would be bad for the program.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Perhaps USF should interview special teams coach John Hendricks, since he's an ordained minister.  ;D

Hendrick has always been a religious man — he's an ordained minister and will likely devote more time to that after he finishes coaching. If there's one thing his wife notices he has done since the heart attack, it's something of a sermon via text messages to her, their two children and a few players who share his faith.

"He's got a new purpose since the heart attack," she said. "Maybe he's here to help someone."

Most days, the texts are simply a Bible verse or two. Tuesday, it was Psalms 133:1 ("Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!) then 1 Corinthians 12, which speaks well to a close family or team still growing together.

"There should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other," the verse reads. "If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/article1031289.ece

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I just find it funny how the UCF Rival's message board has a similar thread going.

Some one was posting a summary of the show every 5 minutes, and then having a discussion about it (saying that USF bought out Miller and Brett was 100% correct.)

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=129494652&mid=129494652&sid=908&style=2

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

In baptist and some christian churches, a deacon is simply a common parishioner who has put a lot of time into the church who they have asked to become a deacon.  It is usually just a plain ole member of the congregation, who helps carry the plate for offerings or when serving the lords  supper / host to the attendees.  Kind of like a lay minister in other religions (catholic, episcopel, orthodox etc).   While it is understood that the person is usually a person who is important, it is not like a priest or pastor nor is it necessarily a top position.

My brother was asked to be a deacon at his church.  There are probably 10 of them at his church.  It is voluntary.  It is for common people.  He is no where near sainthood.  

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I just find it funny how the UCF Rival's message board has a similar thread going.

Some one was posting a summary of the show every 5 minutes, and then having a discussion about it (saying that USF bought out Miller and Brett was 100% correct.)

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=129494652&mid=129494652&sid=908&style=2

I have posted my responses on there on that thread.  That is how I found out about this show thing, and posted it on our site so people could listen in.

If you review the UCF rivals site, 20% of their threads are about us.  Over 50% of their threads contain some reference to USF.   The obsession over there is huge.

I go on there, only to defend USF because they start to spread mistruths and believe their own posts.  I know it is probably a waste of time, but I am not a fan of people disparaging our university with lies etc..  That is why I think this Brett thing needs to be dealt with by the University in a more formal and possilbly legal manner.  I'd issue a letter of intent to sue, if it were me.  He doesn't work for a major news source any more, and that would probably get him fired, and he'd be on his own dime do defend himself.  Then maybe he would start being concerned about the accuracy of his stories.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Dude, it's starting to feel like something happened. I just feel weird about this whole thing. I'm not jumping to anyone side yet. Until the school comes out with an report on the  matter. I'm hoping nothing happen, because I don't want Jim to go out like this. Plus it would be bad for the program.

It's starting to feel like something happened when we have a tweet from a player who was there basically saying it is BS?  We have the coach and the father saying McMurphy took their quotes out of context and basically asked about a hypothetical situation and applied their answers to Leavitt.  Joel Miller, Paul Miller, and the coach have all said nothing happened.  And the coach who talks to Joel every week didn't hear about it until McMurphy brought it up basically.  I'd think if Miller got choked and hit that the coach would've heard about it and Paul Miller would have gone straight to the media.

Something is definitely going on.  Brett McMurphy is making stuff up again because of his vendetta against USF.  And conveniently all of his sources have completely dried up.  We don't even know if he had any inside sources in the first place other than Paul Miller who wasn't even in the locker room.

We find out the basketball story from McMurphy is a load of garbage.  This one looks like a load of garbage, but McMurphy will claim that USF just bought people off to keep it quiet just like Duemig will say too.  It's clear they both hate Leavitt and want to get rid of him.  Wouldn't doubt that McMurphy hates Leavitt because he feels he helped to end his career at the Trib. 

When this one goes nowhere I hope that McMurphy ends up going to the same place.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

I go on there, only to defend USF because they start to spread mistruths and believe their own posts.  I know it is probably a waste of time,

No disrespect, IB, but you are 100% correct that it's a waste of time. All you're doing by being there is feeding their delusions about a rivalry. Nothing you can say will change the minds of the myriad of assclowns they have over there (unless something has changed there in the last few years) .... You're basically just pissing up a rope.  8-)

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

No disrespect, IB, but you are 100% correct that it's a waste of time. All you're doing by being there is feeding their delusions about a rivalry. Nothing you can say will change the minds of the myriad of assclowns they have over there (unless something has changed there in the last few years) .... You're basically just pissing up a rope.  8-)

umm...we do have a rivalry with UCF.  like it or not.  our fans hate them and their fans obviously hate us.  plus we are 45 minutes apart from each other.

face it, the only reason our fans try to take the 'high and mighty' we have no rivalry is because they arent in a BCS conf. 

sure, we own them in most sports so they arent really a very competitive rival but the fans obviously feel that way.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

umm...we do have a rivalry with UCF.  like it or not.  our fans hate them and their fans obviously hate us.  plus we are 45 minutes apart from each other.

That's just a matter of opinion. I think the student bodies of both universities like this game. I don't hate them at all. Some of their fans are overboard, but you get that everywhere you go.

Not sure where you live, but it take much longer than 45 minutes to get to their campus.

If geography were a determinant in rivlaries, then both USF and UCF would be playing UF every season, Miami would be playing FAU and FIU each season, FSU would be playing Auburn, USC would play San Diego St., etc.

Archived