• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is "Bohemian Rhapsody" Responsible?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

The rumor was not if he was fired, it was the reason(s). Dr. Mike Robinson is the director of bands, and one of his jobs when taking over was the marching band. He gave that part of the job over to Steve Visnage, who I was talking about in my post.  Steve is no longer with the program so in the meantime, Dr. Robinson is running the show. The "interesting" performance this past Saturday we have to chalk up to the unneasiness of the leadership.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Well at least is wasnt "Flight of the Bumble Bee".

Can the board pitch in and donate "Drumline" to the band? They can at least use it as a recruiting tool.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

Ok...wow...let's all give HOT some room...they had one rehersal last week which at the beginning were told thier director was fired and they couldn't find out why...of course rumor mill is running wild....They had a show which constisted of the Queen song and 2 Dave Matthews Band songs but when timed it was just too long to perfrom so you got what you got....

Now what is surprising to me is that people can't respect the hard work they do and actually boo-ed them on Saturday...hey they were there...

Robinson isn't running rehersal as far as I know...I heard it was the drum instructor and grad assistants....

As far as Steve...he will be missed by the people who really got to know him....

Give HOT some time...they are building year by year...and sorry you don't like the show...then go get another beer while they are on the field....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784

..then go get another beer while they are on the field....

Which is why halftime exists in the first place... :D

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

trust me I made a real quick bee line for the bathroom once I heard the PA guy say they were doing Queen again... only place I could think of that I wouldnt hear that garbage again

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379

I didnt hear people boo them, but I dont have problems with people complaining post game.

I think we all need to support the band in some way shape or form. I will try to once I graduate (again)....

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Wow! The band got booed! They don't even boo the band in Philadelphia! That is a new high for USF! I may be drunk when I post this... but the whole fact we booed the band gave me the best laugh all night! You fans in Tampa are heartless THUGS!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Oh Mama Mia, Mama Mia, Mama Mia ...let me Go!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I didnt hear people boo them, but I dont have problems with people complaining post game.

I think we all need to support the band in some way shape or form. I will try to once I graduate (again)....

I didn't hear any boos either...............Of course, that could be attributed to the fact I had my fingers jammed in my ears and was humming loudly.

You know they know more songs than that. They must read this board and the Queen hattrick is payback for the slams against them.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, the song blows 4 times over, but for fans to Boo the HOT is just is not called for. Since everyone needs somthing to gripe about, hows' about putting the blame where it truly belongs... The $ 7 beers at the game !!!     :>