• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeffery Godfrey

lmiusf

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Carnes is probably the best quartereback we have ever received a commit from

I hope so.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Better than BJ?  BJ was a 4* out of Lincoln which is always a stud program along with all the measurables as we've seen this season with the speed, build and arm.  I'm interested to see what you think makes him better.  I have no dog in the fight, just curious and feel free to throw in what you know about Godfrey as well...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Better than BJ?  BJ was a 4* out of Lincoln which is always a stud program along with all the measurables as we've seen this season with the speed, build and arm.  I'm interested to see what you think makes him better.  I have no dog in the fight, just curious and feel free to throw in what you know about Godfrey as well...

im talking about pure QB... Carnes can make all the throws, all the reads.

BJD is likely a better athlete.

Ive watched Carnes play and he is a GREAT QB.

Carnes is a 4 year varsity QB who has had  success every season. He just beat the NUMBER ONE team in the nation who hadnt lost in a few years if im correct.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

I would assume that Carnes will be listed as #2 to start the summer and Godfrey RS or play another position his FR year.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF was hoping that Godfrey would be enrolled this January, but it looks like that won't happen:

12:09  [Comment From NCBullNCBull: ]

Greg, do you have any insight into why the coaching staff has named BJ the sole QB going into the bowl game? Is Landi that strong of a WR to need to be declared that way and leave us with no labeled backup? 

Thursday December 17, 2009 12:09 NCBull

12:10  NC, what Leavitt told me is that he feels like they are a much better offense with Landi on the field, and he wants to get him enough practice time at receiver to improve his presence there. If something were to happen to B.J. Daniels, Landi knows the QB position well enough to step in, and he's still getting some reps there in practice. 

Thursday December 17, 2009 12:10 

12:12  I think USF had hoped to get Jeffrey Godfrey in here in January, but he hasn't taken the writing portion of the college entrance exams yet. Tried to take it recently, but there weren't any spots available in that testing session. So I'm not sure how USF will handle QB in spring drills -- could be that Landi works as the second QB. Victor Marc is a receiver right now, and walk-on Ryan Eppes is a free safety. 

Thursday December 17, 2009 12:12 

12:12

Greg Auman Chat transcript

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/live-chat-talk-usf-with-greg-auman-now.html

• Content Count:  2,523

Hate to hear that, but I'm in the camp that you can't get enough reps.  If it's only BJ, he needs all the reps until his arms/legs fall off.  Successful QBs like the Peyton Mannings of the world don't give up snaps if they can physically do them.  He needs a lot of work reading the field and that only comes with reps, reps and more reps.  With UF early, we need to be as polished as possible to start the year.  More reps can only help that. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i seriously hope that Carnes redshirts

then Godfrey plays as #2 QB for a season

then switches positions when Carnes is a RS fresh

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hate to hear that, but I'm in the camp that you can't get enough reps.  If it's only BJ, he needs all the reps until his arms/legs fall off.  Successful QBs like the Peyton Mannings of the world don't give up snaps if they can physically do them.  He needs a lot of work reading the field and that only comes with reps, reps and more reps.  With UF early, we need to be as polished as possible to start the year.  More reps can only help that. 

Hopefully he's not wasting the opportunity to get reps by playing basketball.  I really hope BJ makes the right decision after the bowl game. 

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Looks like UCF fans are saying they got a recruiting coup of:

Godfrey, Reese, and McClain. Gainer is apparently close to committing to them as well.

Yes, they claim Godfrey has decommitted from USF. Anyone heard any truth to these rumors?

• Content Count:  574

Josh Newberg confirmed it this morning.  :'(

Archived