• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeffery Godfrey

lmiusf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Forget Godfrey.. I just saw this on the high school board..

State Champion QB from Miramar -Ryan Williams

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is nobody recruiting this kid? He's got the size of an NFL QB at 6'5 and 220 pounds. His numbers are outstanding and he's already set a state championship TD pass record. Yet he can't even get an offer from FIU or FAU. He may not have the strongest arm. But I'm very impressed with his accuracy and field awareness. Somebody is missing the boat here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noone recruiting this kid does seem odd but **** look at that size! We will already have 2 undersized QBs as it is with Brion coming in.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we dont recruit prototypical QBs...

i think we recruit system guys

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Apparently Godfrey has stated that the USF commitment was fake and that the coaches twisted his words. He's been prequalified by UCF and will be in classes in January, so it's highly doubtful he'll be switching from the sounds of it.

I didn't particularly care for Godfrey since we had Carnes and he's pretty undersized.

For what it's worth, he's a recap of what a UCFer told me:

Godfrey is enrolling in the spring. UCF has already prequalified him for enrollment and he'll be in classes in January. :) Apparently Godfrey was pressured by USF to commit to them and they twisted around his words so that it seemed he committed. He said one day he saw in the paper that he had committed and he had no idea, so they were waiting for the quiet period to set the record straight. Basically coaches can't contact recruits for a while, so they were waiting for that to announce their decision.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

He'd see the field at QB quicker at UCF. Seeing Calabrese in the Bowl game I could understand why Godfrey would want to go there.

• Content Count:  2,523

Not having Godfrey is no big deal with Carnes.  From what I can see, Carnes is better, has more upside at QB and he's a local kid which always helps.  The only negative may be if it hurts our chances getting any teammates/friends of his, but even then, we recruit in the state of Florida.  Good WRs aren't hard to find.  It's harder to use them correctly!!

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Agree w/ Ruger. As long as we have Carnes and BJ is going to get better, we will be fine.

• Content Count:  2,523

Rivals addeth and she taketh away...Carnes may have gained a *, but Bellamy lost one...Back to two 4* recruits if folks are keeping score...

Archived