• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media Retractions Request List If Accusations of Leavitt Are Determined False

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

This again.

So I'll ask again, is he more than just a coach but a mass murderer too?

What makes you think the President or AD are afraid of him or scared of him?

I love the hilarity, but you got any reasons or a picture of Leavitt with a chain saw?  Lol

i think the notion comes from Leavitt pretty much being everything USF football.  We all know what he did for this program at an amazing rate, which has pretty much given him immunity for his poor performance as of late.  he is never on the hot seat for his conference play and mid season slumps...the closest he is to the hotseat is to internet posters. 

maybe not scared of him, but scared of changing the face of the program.  we know coaches are put on very long leashes at usf as it is, imagine how long Leavitts is. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

8) 620 WDAE

WRONG! I've heard "IF he did this" "Allegedly" "Conflicting Stories" "Did he really do this" "the stories don't match" "there needs to be an investigation" from every broadcaster on WDAE

Maybe you have something against them for not getting on their knees for USF...?

I've been listening very carefully and reading carefully. The only one that I think will face some serious issues is Brett if this is all false. However, you don't write an article like he did without knowing your job could be on the line...

In fact, the only reason I think there is some truth to all this is for that very reason or maybe the guy could care less about his job...

• Content Count:  12,293

a formal retraction would not be necessary from every media outlet who reported on a story.  they are more or less reporting on the fact that USF is investigating a 'report' about the incident.

if proved 100% false then fanhouse is the only retraction you might see.  however, i am hope that all the news outlets that have reported on the alligations will also report the conclusion of the story (good or bad)

i am sure that the times and trib will since its local but i wonder if ESPN and the national reporters will

but thing is...obviously SOMETHING happened.  the scale of the situation is yet to be determined but from all accounts it seems that leavitt did have some sort of interaction with miller in the lockerroom at halftime.

so that is why you will probably not see any retraction.  i guess it all boils down to how much, if any, did mcmurhpy misquote Miller's father.  I wonder if brett taped the conversation like most reporters would do.

if brett is asked to submit an unedited copy of that tape it would be very interesting.  how much did miller's father backpedel or is miller's father another victim of the stache?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

This again.

So I'll ask again, is he more than just a coach but a mass murderer too?

What makes you think the President or AD are afraid of him or scared of him?

I love the hilarity, but you got any reasons or a picture of Leavitt with a chain saw?  Lol

maybe not scared of him, but scared of changing the face of the program.  we know coaches are put on very long leashes at usf as it is, imagine how long Leavitts is. 

I think if Jim Leavitt or anyone else in the department violates the Code of Ethics there will no fear in releasing him/her.  It's the only way a department can survive.

Long leashes have been granted previously to coaches trying to turn the corner in a bad situation.  Violating rules/ethics et cetera is a whole new ball game.

It would have been nice if the poster that made the claim responded since it's the second time he has done so.  I guess he can't back it up either.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I've been listening very carefully and reading carefully. The only one that I think will face some serious issues is Brett if this is all false. However, you don't write an article like he did without knowing your job could be on the line...

In fact, the only reason I think there is some truth to all this is for that very reason or maybe the guy could care less about his job...

Quite likely.  Getting fired from mainstream legit media (Tampa Tribune) and holing up at Fanhouse? I'd be taking my best shots too with a nothing to lose approach.  At best he gets Fanhouse some pub and traffic.  If/When they dispose of him he can go to Bleacher Report.

• Content Count:  1,204

8) 620 WDAE

WRONG! I've heard "IF he did this" "Allegedly" "Conflicting Stories" "Did he really do this" "the stories don't match" "there needs to be an investigation" from every broadcaster on WDAE

Maybe you have something against them for not getting on their knees for USF...?

I thought Justin did pretty good this afternoon when he subbed for Duemig.  That show is so much better with Paulowski hosting.  For one, he's not a Raheem Morris indoctrinate - I think he's very fair and able to change his mind based on evidence.

I also thought Flip and Bill over on 1010 did well.  Everyone in the morning sucked.  Don't know about JP.  I usually listen except when Justin is in for Duemig.  Wish they'd ditch Rome for Paulowski from 12-3 and go all local until 7PM.  Air Rome at 10PM or something like that.

It's not the players that Joel would have to worry about. It's the crazy Leavitt supporters that would follow him to hell with gasoline underwear. They don't believe there beloved god would do such a thing.

exactly, if he actually did do this I can see him not being fired.  Guy is above the law around here, his ego has gotten too big. 

You ever see the Chapelle show skit where he is on stand discussing the R. Kelly trial.  And he needs actual video with 2 forms of government ID and his Grandma there to visually point him out to believe R. Kelly was peeing and sleeping with these underage women.  Well thats the kind of proof USF and Leavitt worshippers will need to run him out.  If you saw the skit you know exactly what im talking about.   

i love that skit.

people are zoomed in way too much on the details of this incident. the truth is...

leavitt is no longer drawing positive PR

the fact that there's a side of his story in the first place says theres something wrong

he's got way too big of an ego and is losing respect from players & staff

how are we improving recruiting right now, though all this? high schools coaches are no longer recommending USF.

and above that... he doesnt have the winning record to justify it.

i say adios!

• Content Count:  558

12) 560 WQAM AM Sports Radio Miami/Ft. Laud

Ride home today on Jim Mandich show ...(loosely quoted) "How could Jim Leavitt do such a thing after building a program up after 15 years and throw it all away like that" as if it is fact.

Have not heard the words allegedly or that there are interviews and reports that completely contradict the allegations.....I just want to hear these media outlets say "there has been reports and interviews that contradict this accusation and an investigation has been initiated by the University....I guess we will find out the truth after this investigation" That is all the media has to do to initially report the accusation and then save their reputation in case the investigation proves that they just blindly took a 2nd rate internet blog report and called it fact. There needs to be repercussions for them not being responsible.....and right now there are none.

All we are asking for those on both sides of the story is to just let the investigation play out.....in the meantime, there is no reason that every frickin' media outlet has to smear our University and report this as fact. Remember, Leavitt DOES NOT have a history of accusations like this.......this writer DOES have a history of reporting false accusations towards a single University (at least 4 and counting)....why is he maintaining a USF beatwriter persona at Fanhouse anyway.....aren't the Tennessee hotties at HS game and illegal recruiting at Tennessee bigger things for him?

And another thing....stop hijacking this thread....Just list the media around the country that you have heard report accusations as fact or responsibly reporting contradicting statements / investigation.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

It's not the players that Joel would have to worry about. It's the crazy Leavitt supporters that would follow him to hell with gasoline underwear. They don't believe there beloved god would do such a thing.

exactly, if he actually did do this I can see him not being fired.  Guy is above the law around here, his ego has gotten too big. 

You ever see the Chapelle show skit where he is on stand discussing the R. Kelly trial.  And he needs actual video with 2 forms of government ID and his Grandma there to visually point him out to believe R. Kelly was peeing and sleeping with these underage women.  Well thats the kind of proof USF and Leavitt worshippers will need to run him out.  If you saw the skit you know exactly what im talking about.   

i love that skit.

people are zoomed in way too much on the details of this incident. the truth is...

leavitt is no longer drawing positive PR

the fact that there's a side of his story in the first place says theres something wrong

he's got way too big of an ego and is losing respect from players & staff

how are we improving recruiting right now, though all this? high schools coaches are no longer recommending USF.

and above that... he doesnt have the winning record to justify it.

i say adios!

Amazing, isn't it?? All this bad pub, just a horrible year, program in chaos, yet we get the commitments we got today ..... Maybe Brett McWoodstein should have broken the "story' sooner.

• Content Count:  642

8) 620 WDAE

I thought Justin did pretty good this afternoon when he subbed for Duemig.  That show is so much better with Paulowski hosting.  For one, he's not a Raheem Morris indoctrinate - I think he's very fair and able to change his mind based on evidence.

I also thought Flip and Bill over on 1010 did well.  Everyone in the morning sucked.  Don't know about JP.  I usually listen except when Justin is in for Duemig.  Wish they'd ditch Rome for Paulowski from 12-3 and go all local until 7PM.  Air Rome at 10PM or something like that.

I love JP we actually both had our own radio shows at the WBUL I keep praying for the day he can get his own show locally

Archived