• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media Retractions Request List If Accusations of Leavitt Are Determined False

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Usually when people are convicted of a crime, the media generally saves their butt by using the word "allegedly". I have not seen the word in print or heard it on the radio when describing these allegations. Most of the media ran with it and did not check the source or use the words "alleged accounts are that Leavitt.....". This is the communication world we live in......free speech gone awry where the ethics of fact-checking, dual sources, etc. gives way to the almighty dollar.

If the investigation of the accusations on Leavitt are determined false, this same media has the responsibility to retract their stories and give equal time to the correct story that they did with the tabloid one. Every alumni and USF supporter should feel that this was a defamation of their character. The basis being that it will hurt each and every one of you both emotionally and financially. Recruits not coming in affects the performance of the team which then affects the ability for me to sell any unused ticket at a decent price. Say what you will, but a bad athletic image can affect academics just like it helps which then can affect current and future career opportunities for all of us.

Anyways, please list the media outlets that you have heard/seen report this story "blindedly" that we should expect equal time retracting it and attempting to restore some of our Universities' image. It was obvious that this story was held until the lull between the regular season and start of bowls to get more mileage. I am tired of hearing from another source every time I engage media.

I will start the list:

1 AOL Fanhouse (obviously)

2 Tampa Tribune (look at Today's online Fennely column and the amount of comments that tear him apart)

3 ESPN News.com

4 790AM The Ticket Ft.Laud/Miami

5 105.9FM Ft.Laud/Miami

6 FOX News Radio

7 Sun Sentinel Ft.Laud/Miami (written by the orlando sentinel FSU beat writer)

8 .......keep adding

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Good point

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

an d if proved true you all owe Brett an apology and a gift card.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

The damage is already done. If nothing comes of this Leavitt will return to the locker room knowing the player who destroyed his image in the press, and also realize he has lost the support of his team. He's finished. I hope for the kids sake Leavitt is gone, or he can expect to see some pretty harsh **** at practice.

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

No.....I have never used his name nor have I written anything defamatory about him that later got picked up as fact by the Associated Press and any other major news streams. If anything, this Brett that you talk about already owes me retribution for the previous 3-4 articles that have been proven false. If this is strike 5 on him, I expect class action from USF, all alumni and supporters. If he is right, he gets to continue working for AOL.

Guest Scherdin

The damage is already done. If nothing comes of this Leavitt will return to the locker room knowing the player who destroyed his image in the press, and also realize he has lost the support of his team. He's finished. I hope for the kids sake Leavitt is gone, or he can expect to see some pretty harsh **** at practice.

I think this kid should worry more about what his teammates and the fans will do to him if it's not true or if he even comes back.  It can be a very harsh and lonely place when you are going against the rest of a team and it's fan base

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i think leavitt needs to be concerned

not the victim

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Leavitt might be the victim.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

an d if proved true you all owe Brett an apology and a gift card.

Sometimes you can be as much of a d*** as smazza is.

Archived