• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford arrested for riding moped!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Uconn was far from the most important game of the year. 

short of the FSU game, i\'d say it was.  i haven\'t seen our guys play or our coaches gameplan like that in a long time.  that game was the difference between Birmingham vs. South Carolina or Canada vs. NIU. pretty important if you ask me.

if FSU was our most important game, we saw who got the final snaps to get the 1st down and seal out the game.  AYO MIKEY!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Always wonder why some posters mainly post on things negative.

:nope :rainy

Worth repeating.

• Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Did anyone else know that he was 23? As a junior?

Doesn't a Running Back in the NFL ususally hit their peak around 27 or so.

He had the potential to be an NFL back, but I doubt we see him get to that level.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:2cents

Ford is USF's Ricky Williams... tons of potential but he can't stay out of trouble long enough to use it.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I had to laugh when I saw it was for riding a moped.

Can you picture a 6 foot 1 inch 235 pound beast of a man on a moped without laughing?

I am still laughing!

aside from his 2 game suspension to start the season (stemming from an infraction during the offseason), Mike has stayed out of trouble the entire regular season.

he just didn\'t get the ball enough, and we didn\'t run the right schemes to take advantage of his individual talent.  he should have been the feature back all year, and our coaches (Chico) should have realized a loooong time ago that running out of the Ace or the I-formation with Mike could be effective... not just in the snow the last game of the season.

adding a power-running element with Ford would punish defenses, wear them out, draw them inside and open up the pass game.  that\'s when you spread it out, and when they expect pass THEN you hand the ball off for a big run up the middle. 

but you can\'t set up the pass game with 1 yard read-option handoffs out of the shotgun, which is an ineffective way to run a back like Ford anyway.  run him as a tailback out of the I, let him get a head of steam before he gets the handoff and watch him plow through the line and into the linebackers (or secondary) for 4 or 5 yards.

you want to set up the BJ-to-Mitchell long ball?  let Mike break into the secondary and force the opponent\'s DBs to tackle all 6\'2, 230 lbs. of him lol

I had to laugh when I saw it was for riding a moped.

Can you picture a 6 foot 1 inch 235 pound beast of a man on a moped without laughing?

I am still laughing!

Mike is a big, big man.  i\'m surprised he could find a moped that could handle him.  LOL.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I asked UPD about this, and here\\\'s the delineation: Had Ford been pedaling the moped on the sidewalk, he would not have been stopped, but since it was motorized on the sidewalk, he gets stopped, and that leads to him not having a license.

regardless of the situation, if any of the person attacks on Mike were said about Leavitt, the thread would be deleted instantly.  yet this attack on Mike for riding a moped has gone on for 8 pages.  

it says clearly in the rules that personal attacks on members of the program, INCLUDING players, are a violation.//  how about this thread get a reminder of the rules?

In lieu of whining, could you point out where the "personal attacks" are?  Please forward those to a moderator or myself.  Not every line gets read.  Your help policing the board is appreciated.

Thank you.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Ford did not have a license on him when stopped by police, as was written in the story. Can't tell immediately if his license is suspended right now or not -- records show it was suspended indefinitely in July, but it doesn't necessarily show reinstatement.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

what's with all the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s from btown?

Archived