• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford arrested for riding moped!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

It saddens me to see that USF has officers who would arrest and jail a student riding a moped on the sidewalk.  Part of being good at whatever you do is exercising discretion to make things come out better for all involved.  I can't see who benefited from this arrest.

Go Bulls!

The papers and those who hate the program.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Maybe bullsbucsboltsrays called it in.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Doesn\\\'t look like Ford will be suspended for bowl game.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/mopedgate-no-no-ford-wont-be-suspended.html

Of course not.  And you wonder why we have discipline issues on the field as well?  I don\\\'t.

dude it was a moped

Exactly, to me, the moped actually shows that Ford was trying to do the right thing. He can\\\'t drive, has to have a way to get around, so he has a moped. If he was blatantly breaking the law, he would continue to drive a car around everywhere he goes.

forreal!  does anybody drive a moped by CHOICE?  lol.  it\\\'s not the coolest thing to do, especially when you\\\'re a highly recognizable football player at a BCS school.

reading this story i keep thinking back to the \\\"We Must Protect This House\\\" video USF Athletics released before the Cincy game, with Mike at the very end ice-grilling the camera with a deep gravelly voice.

now all i can do is imagine him sitting on a moped while recording that.  hahahaha!

\\\"Must protect this MOPED\\\"

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Forgive me -- how exactly do the papers benefit from the arrest? Do you think we picked up some new subscribers from this story or something? Maybe a tiny amount of traffic to our website? Not sure I follow how the papers benefit from that more than we would from whatever else we would have written that day ...

• Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

maybe he's saying headlines likethis:

USF's Ford arrested for driving without license

gets traffic like this:

Posted by Greg Auman - Comments (104)

comments like these:

Hey George Selvie- You should have gone into the draft last year, where you would have been picked much higher. Now that's some Grown A@@ Real N S$%t. Oh well, maybe you can become a CEO or MD and walk around Ybor with your gold teeth and shirt off.

Posted by: whaahBULLanceive

it allows filth of the bulls and ucf universes to go wild and bring traffic ratings

these kind of stories as ridiculous as they are help fuel gregs site and this one indiredctly - thats why its printed

shoulda put on original title it was a moped so we could all laugh harder

how times changed this is all bretts replacement has.  never reported it with a mug shot or anything else. no drama in the hedline:

Leavitt: Ford Expected to Play in Bowl

Posted December 11, 2009 by Scott Carter

Updated Dec 11, 2009 at 06:33 PM

Below is my practice report set to run in Saturday’s edition of The Tampa Tribune. Leavitt addressed RB Mike Ford’s availability for the International Bowl and said he plans to closely watch the team’s young players during practice as he begins to ponder next season>

TAMPA – Junior RB Mike Ford’s latest driving-related arrest isn’t expected to keep him out of the International Bowl, USF coach Jim Leavitt said after Friday’s practice.

Ford was arrested early Thursday morning on a misdemeanor charge of driving without a valid license. Ford, who has at least three other driving-related arrests during his time at USF, was driving a moped during the latest incident.

“You don’t want to do anything wrong, ever, in life, but Mike was riding a moped and he happened to ride his moped on a sidewalk,’’ Leavitt said. “We know he is not supposed to ride a moped on the sidewalk. He’s also got to get his license. We have really been on him about that.

“We want to get that corrected. Will that keep him out of the bowl game? Probably not. Usually, moped incidents are not things [that] would keep him out of bowl.’’

Ford is USF’s third-leading rusher with 243 yards. He has also scored five touchdowns after being suspended for the season’s first two games due to a violation of team rules.

Archived