• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Jenkins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I still wish the Bucs had taken Jenkins instead of Talib

why? so he could play for the worst team in the league instead of a division leader?

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

why? so he could play for the worst team in the league instead of a division leader?

I assume he's a bucs fan.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Prime Time and Irvin said on NFL Network that Jenks should be in the Pro Bowl in the next year or so.  Very impressed with him!

i think he should be in this year...

I think he should as well. He has 4 INT's this year and leads his team not bad imo.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure jenks doesn't mind that hes on a team that's actually worth a crap in the NFL.  lol

Dallas will at LEAST make a fight at the playoffs and win a few games...sorry buc's fans but Jenks is in a better place, getting covered in PRIMETIME almost every week with "america's team".  I hate the cowboys just as much as the next guy...but its GREAT publicity for our boy jenks.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Jenkins has developed greatly over the course of this season.  In training camp he was supposively behind in the battle for the second corner starting spot. 

Once they cut out the crap where they were rotating them at the #2 spot, Mike took off.

• Content Count:  4,738

I'm sure jenks doesn't mind that hes on a team that's actually worth a crap in the NFL.  lol

Dallas will at LEAST make a fight at the playoffs and win a few games...sorry buc's fans but Jenks is in a better place, getting covered in PRIMETIME almost every week with "america's team".  I hate the cowboys just as much as the next guy...but its GREAT publicity for our boy jenks.

GO BULLS!!!

being great with a star on your helmet does a lot more than a flag

• Content Count:  403

I assume he's a bucs fan.

Thanks The Man -- yes, I'm a bucs fan.  I wish that Jenkins was on the bucs because they would be a better team with him.  Sure, he's in a better place now... and the Cowboys owner isn't cheap.. But, this thread isn't about the bucs, it's about Jenkins... I'm glad he's doing so well. 

I wish the Bulls could land another Jenkins... I still remember Louisville trying to thow deep on him and his interception in the endzone..  Teams throw deep on us all the time now... Oh, or his kickoff return against Cinci... we could've used some of those this year.

• Content Count:  2,523

I'm a Bucs fan to and HAMMERED their website to all that would listen that Jenkins>Talib and they called me a homer.  Talib is a fine player, but off the field he's a time bomb waiting to happen as we've seen.  With Jenks, you get the whole package and how cool would it have been to have a LOCAL guy becoming a pro bowl caliber player.  If they think the Bucs faithful got insane with Brooks, Sapp and Dunn, they were from "far away" compared to Jenks.  Those mistakes are exactly why that franchise is in the crapper with no end in sight. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I used to be mad that the Bucs passed on Junkins and took Talib.

in retrospect, I think it worked out better for Mike though (better team and staying away from the goofball Bucs organization that decided to throw all those starters into the trash and hire a former defensive backs coach as a head coach).

Talib is a talent on the field -- I won't get into figuring out which one is the better cover corner etc -- but overall, it was probably for the best that Jenkins started out his fist year in the NFL with Anthony Henry on his team (even if it was just that one season). Good for Mike-- we all knew he had the talent and ability. But I wouldn't subject one of our former players to this quagmire of a season.

PS-- as much as they have sucked (record-wise)-- the Bucs are probably doing the right thing in an attempt to rebuild the organization. My disagreement with their method is that they should have treated it as a remodel instead of a teardown. I can see Josh Freeman doing some good things and has lots of potential. DOn't tell them I said that-- they would probably trade him for a bag of beans if they knew I felt that way.

• Content Count:  2,523

No doubt it worked out best for Jenkins and being with Henry was definitely a plus.  The way the Bucs have conducted themselves is what has turned off many fans like myself.  We all knew a rebuild was coming after the Super Bowl, but they've done it completely wrong from the hires in the front office to giving way too much money to guys like Clayton after seasons of doing NOTHING when you could get the same production and a chance at finding something better in guys much cheaper like Stovall.  Don't get me started on their QB situations.  If you know you are going to draft a QB, you don't blow money on guys like Leftwich!  lol 

If you rebuild and are only going to win one game, go YOUNG at all the positions and get a coach who has SYSTEMS proven to work.  You don't give a rebuild to someone who can't even hire a coordinator that can survive a season!

Archived