• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official "How to Get To Toronto, And As Cheaply As Possible" Thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I realize most of you are from Florida and thus don't know any better, but it really doesn't snow all that much in Toronto, and it certainly never gets that bitterly cold. Compared to places like Cleveland or Buffalo, Toronto is very mild this time of year.

That's not what i want to hear ...

My point is that just because it's "up north" doesn't mean it's bitterly cold. Hell, Toronto is south of Detroit latitude-wise.

Actually, Toronto is north of Detroit... (latitude-wise)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001796.html

And we all know how balmy Detroit is in the winter time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  742
  • Days Won:  0

I have traveled quite a few times to Toronto for work. I spent 6 weeks there during this time of year. Let me say Toronto is a great city. There is a ton a diversity of there, especially Asian influence. If you like Chinese cuisine. You are in for a treat.

It will not be that cold it the weather is normal. If you said Ottawa then it would be different.

First the airfare.

Look at other airports. Orlando will have a ton more options hence will be cheaper flights.

- West Jet is the discount carrier in Canada. The flights were pretty cheap when I looked.

- Check out Orbitz and Priceline.com

- If you fly into Buffalo for some reason. DO NOT bypass Niagara Falls. It will blow your mind. The Canadian side has the best panoramic views.

- If you do not have a passport. You need to get on it this week. You may be able to drive in from Buffalo with only a drivers license.

Hotels

- Hotels.com or Priceline.com there is no reason to pay full price for a hotel. Toronto is huge and the hotels will not be sold out.

Food

- There is a ton of Asian influence in Toronto. If you want a great Chinese experience get dim sum. There will be hundreds of little plates to choose from. Everyone pics a few and you share. A good dim sum place will be HUGE, seating like hundreds of people.

- There is great Indian food.

- There is also a great Italian part of town.

Other

- Cuban cigars, although they are overpriced because the Canadian government taxes the crap out of everything.

Customs

- Do NOT wise crack with the customs agents. I had more than one co-worker get stopped and get delayed on their entry.

- Do not bring back any Cuban cigars unless you want it confiscated.

Megabus looks to be full from BUF to YYZ on Jan 01, can't book the trip

I didn't go all the way through the booking process but it had allowed us to get to the point where they were asking for our credit card?  We looked at the 5:15am on the 2nd getting you into Toronto around 7:45 am.  The bus terminal is 1.5 miles from the SkyDome (or whatever they call it now).  Then there is a bus back to Buffalo at about 9:00pm that same night.

• Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I hope you guys have not jumped the gun on spending your hard earned money.  I'm hoping USF puts together some cheapo packages - maybe a charter flight and flea bag hotel for one night?

• Official USF Travel Packages: Coming Soon

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204843275

• Content Count:  233
  • Days Won:  0

Thinking about renting a SUV and driving from BUF to YYZ. Looks to be only about 60 miles. Could split the cost $150 cost 4 or 5 ways.

Cheers

Mike

Thinking about renting a SUV and driving from BUF to YYZ. Looks to be only about 60 miles. Could split the cost $150 cost 4 or 5 ways.

Cheers

Mike

Mike, its about 107 miles but certainly doable.  If we decide to do this that would be an option to join you.  We're looking at the Fairfield Inn at the Buffalo Airport - only because we want to be near the airport to catch the bus and weren't planning on a rental. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I realize most of you are from Florida and thus don't know any better, but it really doesn't snow all that much in Toronto, and it certainly never gets that bitterly cold. Compared to places like Cleveland or Buffalo, Toronto is very mild this time of year.

That's not what i want to hear ...

My point is that just because it's "up north" doesn't mean it's bitterly cold. Hell, Toronto is south of Detroit latitude-wise.

On the 10 day outlook, the highest the temperature will be is 33. That's pretty **** cold to me!  :D

The averages for game weekend are a hi of 29 and a low of 14 .... Now THAT's what I'm talking about.  8-)

I hope you guys have not jumped the gun on spending your hard earned money.  I'm hoping USF puts together some cheapo packages - maybe a charter flight and flea bag hotel for one night?

The Bulls Travel package won't be including air fare.  This from a Bulls person in the Athletic Dept.  Chartering an international flight is too expensive.  So any packages announced will be hotels and/or other events, meals, etc. 

Megabus looks to be full from BUF to YYZ on Jan 01, can't book the trip

Mike, check your Private Messages.

• Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

The Bulls Travel package won't be including air fare.   This from a Bulls person in the Athletic Dept.  Chartering an international flight is too expensive.  So any packages announced will be hotels and/or other events, meals, etc. 

Heard the same thing today.

Archived