• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comments from coaches?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

some of you need to remember these are 18-21 year old college students.

okay so you are telling me they haven't dealt with this type of stuff for their entire life?

next time someone disagrees with and criticizes my post i'm going to tell them i'm a 21 year old college student and that it is wrong to do that.

I guess i don't feel bad because I am in their age range.

you missed the point the original post asked why he players aren't be asked by the media about the loses.

• Content Count:  1,894

i just feel with each season ending the same way you think the pressure would heat up. The same old questions arent getting it done. They need to be held accountable, like leavitt said if it isnt a talent issue, THEN ITS A COACHING ISSUE. If the media is blasting the coaches then maybe something will get done. Im not saying its your responsibility but I just feel it should be done. I feel like the coaches give us these bland explanations when we can see what is really going on. This is more then just we can coach better. Something isnt getting done and I think we could ask why certain things keep happening. Why is our senior cb still playing when he pushes a guy to the ground after he is 5 yards out of bounds if we are trying to make a point to play the game the right way. Why didnt they make an adjustment to the blitz? At what point does his seat become hot? If this was any RESPECTABLE program he would already be fired (while i understand the money issue, this is getting old IMO) We need answers, we need changes because what once felt like the right direction is starting to change direction and maybe im finally taking off my green and gold goggles. We are THE WORST COACHED TEAM IN THE BIG EAST. Syracuse had better coaching then us. Shoot MAYBE EVEN WOFFORD. Its embarassing and I dont feel like his seat is getting hotter, I feel like there is nothing but excuses and the same old he built the program crap. Its not good enough.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i just feel with each season ending the same way you think the pressure would heat up. The same old questions arent getting it done. They need to be held accountable, like leavitt said if it isnt a talent issue, THEN ITS A COACHING ISSUE. If the media is blasting the coaches then maybe something will get done. Im not saying its your responsibility but I just feel it should be done. I feel like the coaches give us these bland explanations when we can see what is really going on. This is more then just we can coach better. Something isnt getting done and I think we could ask why certain things keep happening. Why is our senior cb still playing when he pushes a guy to the ground after he is 5 yards out of bounds if we are trying to make a point to play the game the right way. Why didnt they make an adjustment to the blitz? At what point does his seat become hot? If this was any RESPECTABLE program he would already be fired (while i understand the money issue, this is getting old IMO) We need answers, we need changes because what once felt like the right direction is starting to change direction and maybe im finally taking off my green and gold goggles. We are THE WORST COACHED TEAM IN THE BIG EAST. Syracuse had better coaching then us. Shoot MAYBE EVEN WOFFORD. Its embarassing and I dont feel like his seat is getting hotter, I feel like there is nothing but excuses and the same old he built the program crap. Its not good enough.

i think the ville has us beat for worst coaching in the BE

• Content Count:  2,726

He built the program...but the PROGRAM out grew him!!!

We are starting to get into a stride...and leavitt is crippling us.  We have great coordinators.  But look at the constant over the years...LEAVITT!!!

The kids are not getting the leadership they need from leavitt...his antics are immature and COMPLETELY transfer to our players actions on the field, penalties/personal fouls. 

I love coach leavitt for all he's done...but i think enough is enough.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,037

I hear from someone very close to the team that Leavitt blew up on his special teams coach at halftime as the coach was trying to show Leavitt a problem with punt coverage. Leavitt supposably  slapped the white board out of his hand and they got in each others face. I also hear Tresey and Canales want out because of Leavitt. This is from a very credible source.

Unsubstantiated innuendo will only make you one of the hated dark-siders.  Do you really want to wear that cloak after only 15 posts?  I'll say my prayers for your survival!   :D

LOL. Don't mess with thebullspen mafia. Apparently we have no talent and we shouldn't have any expectations of competing in the big east until the stars align and we have 22 starters who are all seniors and future NFL players... and lots of depth just in case they all get injured... and don't forget that this only our 5th year in a BCS conference and Brain Kelly won the Big East in his 2nd season with players he didn't even recruit. Nevermind that we should give Leavitt a lifetime contract so he can coach here as long as he wants...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You can have all the "expectations" you want, but don't bore the rest of us with your unhappiness if they are not met.  The only thing more extreme than your expectations is your exaggeration of what people that disagree with you believe.

• Content Count:  1,037

My expectations:

-Anywhere from 10-2 to 8-4 is acceptable in my book (could still be met this season).

-Don't lose ANY game by more than 20 points (hasn't been met in 2 years). Losing by 30+ points to any team on our schedule is unacceptable.

-Give me ONE year where we finish at least 5-2 in the big east (never been done in 5 years of BE play).

-Show consistency and improvement on offense.

I don't think any of that is too much to ask for...

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

My expectations:

-Anywhere from 10-2 to 8-4 is acceptable in my book (could still be met this season).

-Don't lose ANY game by more than 20 points (hasn't been met in 2 years). Losing by 30+ points to any team on our schedule is unacceptable.

-Give me ONE year where we finish at least 5-2 in the big east (never been done in 5 years of BE play).

-Show consistency and improvement on offense.

I don't think any of that is too much to ask for...

what do you mean anywhere from 10-2 to 8-4?

If we go 12-0 or 11-1 that wouldn't meet your expectations?

::) ;D

• Content Count:  1,777

some of you need to remember these are 18-21 year old college students.

Although this is generally a true statement, I think it is fair to say that the players on the teams USF face tend to fall within the same age bracket.  No sure what your point is with this statement.

Archived