• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's schedule Boise St

Guest nybullsfan

to clarify my earlier reply for the speed-readers...

no I don't want to host bsu for a single pay-to-play game

but I would be willing to invite them to come to rjs twice (we pay them for expenses only - about $300K right?) and we go to boise once (they pay us the $300K).

btw, both sides need a $2M buyout to make sure the games actually get played

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

no I don't want to host bsu for a single pay-to-play game

any reason?

seems like a good deal to me

they come here...we dont' go there...attendance is high...we get recognition for playing decent OCC game (even if they're not ranked, its better than FIU, FAU, WKU)...if they are ranked, even better

how greedy are we being not to want this?

Guest nybullsfan

costs too much.

if they'll come once for expenses, fine, but they won't. they'll want $1m or thereabouts

offer a 2-1 for expenses, they might bite

Guest nybullsfan

also, think about us in (2004 or so?) when we signed the auburn game for 2007

we went once for a payday, how much more thrilled would we have been with a 2-1 for expenses?

• Content Count:  185

I just saw this article on the main page of yahoo.com.  Boise State is acknowledging that they need to play better teams and they are calling out any BCS team to play them.  They will even come and play in Tampa with no return game necessary in Boise.  ESPN is even helping them find an opponent and would showcase the game on their network.  This is the type of game that the Bulls need to prepare them for the rigors of the Big East conference.  The Bulls have Notre Dame, Ball State and Miami on the 2011 schedule already, but still need another game.  How about scheduling a good Boise State team in Tampa that would guarantee ticket sales instead of another worthless 1-AA team that does nothing for us.  Come on Coach Leavitt and Mr. Woolard make a call and get this done.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-boise110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

• Content Count:  185

I just sent an email to Coach Leavitt and Mr. Woolard to request that they add this game and seize this opportunity.  I told them that fans would come out for marquee match-up on ESPN and that this game would help us far more than a 1-AA cupcake would.  I think we should all flood the administrations email with letters about adding Boise State since noone else will play them.  Maybe they will consider it if we get enough demand from Bulls fans.

AD Doug Woolard's email is: woolard@admin.usf.edu

football@admin.usf.edu  Coach Leavitt

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

costs too much.

if they'll come once for expenses, fine, but they won't. they'll want $1m or thereabouts

offer a 2-1 for expenses, they might bite

You'd have to think that RJS would be sold out for that game, so whatever fee they are asking for would be more than offset by the $$$ brought in by ticket sales.

An absolute no brainer to schedule them.

• Content Count:  92

I don't think Boise would want us. Sounds like they are sniffing out "traditional powerhouses" to take down to give themselves a huge boost.

Yep, I didn't see any mention of the Big East in that article.  Still, it would be an interesting game.  Who says we have to pay them anything to come here?  They want it bad enough, let them pay us!

• Content Count:  1,386

Actually, USF still needs two games for 2011. Boise St would fill one home game slot and a cheap (relatively) I-AA could fill the other and provide 7 home games for USF.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I'd love it if we could schedule them, that was the first thing I thought when I saw the artilcle.

Archived