• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's schedule Boise St

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

RTFA

No incentive for BCS conference teams to play Boise State

Submitted by Brian Murphy on Wed, 11/04/2009 - 11:58am.

No one will play

WAC commissioner Karl Benson told the Idaho Statesman on Wednesday that Boise State is struggling to schedule a BCS-conference opponent for 2011 — even with the help (and exposure and money) of ESPN behind the effort.

The Broncos are not asking for a return game in Boise. Just one road game. And about 10 teams have turned the Broncos down, according to Benson.

Boise is asking to travel to a BCS team and play in their house.

USF has Ball State on Sep 10th, @THE Conference of Notre Dame on NOv 19th and Miami on Nov 26th. USF has an open date on Sep 3rd, which will probably be a I-AA team. You have the 4 BE road games and the 3 BE home games. Having Boise St show up in RJS would make 2011 a 7 home game season for the second time in a row since 2001. (USF has 7 home games for 2010.) This would keep the two BCS, two I-A and the I-AA pattern that USF has used recently and give 7 home games. I say go for it publicly and offer around $500k to see if Boise will bite.

For those of you who hate the I-AA games, you'll just have to get over it. Since the NCAA let one I-AA game per year count for bowl eligibility, Just about everyone will be playing one each year to add a cheap home game to make money. Y'all like USF having money, right? Well this is how CFB teams make money.

BTW, with USF expected to have a I-AA home game in 2012 & 2013, then USF has 6 home games scheduled in each of those years with one more game to schedule. Maybe USF can go on a run of 7 home games per year for a little while.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  849

just a question, even though one FCS team a year counts towards bowl eligibility, is it really worth it money wise when we only attract 30-40K in fans to these games...if we were to schedule Boise State for a one and done, it would probably be a sell out....

just a question, even though one FCS team a year counts towards bowl eligibility, is it really worth it money wise when we only attract 30-40K in fans to these games...if we were to schedule Boise State for a one and done, it would probably be a sell out....

Chas So had 38,798 announced attendance. If you count each ticket as $20, that is over $750k from tickets alone. Also, the fans expect a certain number of home games each year and 6 seems to be the floor. So, I-AA teams do make some money and help keep at least half the games each year at home.

• Content Count:  1,400

can u imagine an away game at Boise especially if its a late season game. how many fans would make that trip?

I think we would be lucky to have more than a dozen fans besides the travelying staff

Guest nybullsfan

BSU's looking for a single road game? No thanks.

Sign a 2-1 with 2 games at RJS and 1 game at the Smurf Turf? You bet!

USF and BSU are 1 and 2 (in that order) for the fastest teams to go from being freshly eligible for rankings to Ranked 1-A. It's natural they should play at some point.

can u imagine an away game at Boise especially if its a late season game. how many fans would make that trip?

I think we would be lucky to have more than a dozen fans besides the travelying staff

USF and BSU are 1 and 2 (in that order) for the fastest teams to go from being freshly eligible for rankings to Ranked 1-A. It's natural they should play at some point.

Does anyone READ ANYMORE!!!! Boise wants to TRAVEL to a BCS team and play. ONE GAME. NO RETURN to the smurf turf. It would be a one and done in RJS! No traveling to Boise. They would come here to play in 2011. It would give USF a I-AA, two I-A (Ball St and Boise St) and two BCS teams (@Notre Dame and Miami). USF would have 7 home games and would not have to travel to Boise St in the future.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Does anyone READ ANYMORE!!!! Boise wants to TRAVEL to a BCS team and play. ONE GAME. NO RETURN to the smurf turf. It would be a one and done in RJS! No traveling to Boise. They would come here to play in 2011. It would give USF a I-AA, two I-A (Ball St and Boise St) and two BCS teams (@Notre Dame and Miami). USF would have 7 home games and would not have to travel to Boise St in the future.

I don't care how much they are paying us, I'm against playing on their turf.

;)

I don't care how much they are paying us, I'm against playing on their turf.

;)

I saw the smiley just in time.  :clap

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Does anyone READ ANYMORE!!!! Boise wants to TRAVEL to a BCS team and play. ONE GAME. NO RETURN to the smurf turf. It would be a one and done in RJS! No traveling to Boise.

Some of us do, but apparently YOU didn't read those responses.  ;)  ;D

Does anyone READ ANYMORE!!!! Boise wants to TRAVEL to a BCS team and play. ONE GAME. NO RETURN to the smurf turf. It would be a one and done in RJS! No traveling to Boise.

Some of us do, but apparently YOU didn't read those responses.  ;)  ;D

No, I did read them. They were swamped by the others.

Archived