• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If the glazers go bye bye, does this change USF's position in the stadium deal?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Funny comments on Tuskers, Bucs and Bulls:

The remaining schedule shows scant soft spots over the final nine games, given them a shot at an 0-16 season.

On October 18, they drew 13,000 fewer people than showed up at their home stadium four days earlier to watch the USF Bulls.

Earlier today, co-chair Joel Glazer had to debunk rumors of financial troubles that could lead to the sale of the team.

And now, to make it even worse, the local UFL team would like to play the Bucs, because the local UFL team thinks it could beat the Bucs.

Per the St. Petersburg Times, running back Michael Pittman, who at one point played for the Buccaneers, said there are some players on his Florida Tuskers team who would "probably tell you we can [beat the Bucs]."

And then running back Tatum Bell said, "I'm one of them."

Link

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Someone must come on here and defend Sileo, just like another media member that was defended after providing false information.  Sileo has to have someone in his corner.

The choice is pretty obvious .... already has experience at this sort of work, plus the UM ties with Sileo .... a no brainer.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

The lease as it stands now is with the Buccaneers.  A change in ownership would not change that unless both parties wanted to renegotiate. 

Or moved to L.A.  8-)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Someone must come on here and defend Sileo, just like another media member that was defended after providing false information.  Sileo has to have someone in his corner.  I'm not for the Glazers (obviously) but I am for responsible "journalism?" is that right in this case?  Responsible talk...I guess.

I thought that the Glazers DID lose money in the Madoff scandal ... nothing slanerdous ... he just threw in his thoughtds about what MIGHT happen.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

The lease as it stands now is with the Buccaneers.  A change in ownership would not change that unless both parties wanted to renegotiate. 

Or moved to L.A.  8-)

the team isn't moving. period.

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

October 29, 2009

WDAE's Dan Sileo suspended after report about Buccaneers ownership

Morning drive-time host Dan Sileo of WDAE-620 AM has been suspended, according to Clear Channel Communications, after his report this morning citing the Glazer family's deep financial concerns and losses.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/10/wdaes-dan-sileo-suspended-after-report-about-buccaneers-ownership.html

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

October 29, 2009

WDAE's Dan Sileo suspended after report about Buccaneers ownership

Morning drive-time host Dan Sileo of WDAE-620 AM has been suspended, according to Clear Channel Communications, after his report this morning citing the Glazer family's deep financial concerns and losses.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/10/wdaes-dan-sileo-suspended-after-report-about-buccaneers-ownership.html

Had to know that was going to happen.  You don't piss off the mighty Bucs on their flagship station.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Wait...

"The story is based on comments made this morning by WDAE-620 AM's Dan Sileo on his radio show."

More here at Ch 10's site:

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=116509&provider=rss

"A spokesman from the Buccaneers (0-7) said the team would not comment on every rumor of sale that circulates.  The Glazer family could not be reached either."

We all know the Glazers are in financial trouble, but Dan Sileo is also the guy who declared that FSU would whoop us the day before the game.  He tends to be uninformed and overexaggerated alot of the time.  Oh well...

not from football team

nfl franchise is case cow

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

correct me if i'm wrong..

but doesn't the stadium factor into the price of the Bucs? The Glazers bought the team for under 200million I believe, they had a handful of winning seasons, playoff appearances, and a super bowl victory.

They are still in the lower tier for merchandise sales within the NFL.

So the stadium has to be part of the Bucs estimated value, since there's nothing in this world that would justify the price increase.

And when I say factoring the stadium in, I don't mean that the stadium is part of the price, but the profits that come from the stadium.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

The cashflows that come from the stadium, yes, I would speculate.  Not the physical facility.  But the cherry lease and cashflows handed them over a half billion of free value.

Archived