• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else find this frustrating...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

He will learn that with experience. I am assuming the coaches told him. if you do not see it take off an run. Better to get a few yards than no yards.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

a.) He needs to just take the yards with his feet if they're there and nobody is open.

b.) He should give it to our WR/RB's even if it's a short gain. They're "paid" to make people miss.

c.) He's a tremendous athlete, if he cannot get a grip mentally, we need to find out if Evan Landi can eventually. BJ is on the verge of becoming a Terrelle Pryor lite. I don't consider that a good thing. (Amazing athlete that is not a good QB in D1 football.)

• Content Count:  1,629

a.) He needs to just take the yards with his feet if they're there and nobody is open.

b.) He should give it to our WR/RB's even if it's a short gain. They're "paid" to make people miss.

c.) He's a tremendous athlete, if he cannot get a grip mentally, we need to find out if Evan Landi can eventually. BJ is on the verge of becoming a Terrelle Pryor lite. I don't consider that a good thing. (Amazing athlete that is not a good QB in D1 football.)

NEWSFLASH: BJ Daniels is a red shirt freshman that has started 3 games.

NEWSFLASH: BJ Daniels is a red shirt freshman that has started 3 games.

Uh, I agree. I'd definitely give him the rest of the year to see what he does (unless he goes in reverse).

Just stating what he obviously needs to improve upon.

• Content Count:  127

Doesn't want to run? What was he doing during the FSU, Cuse, CS games then?

at the FSU game he was yelling at the coaches to stop making him run ....so him looking to throw is easy to understand after seeing him do that in person

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Wow! That didn't take as long as I thought it would. That answers the question "How long before they start calling for Landi?". The answer is 3 games.

I don't find this situation frustrating at all. I'm watching a red shirt freshman, learning on the fly. He's no worse than Matt was his first 3 games. In fact, I'm enjoying watching the maturation process. It's kind of like watching my kids grow up again, only faster.

• Content Count:  971

Truthfully, I was most frustrated by their return on the interception in the 2nd qtr.  We didn't get a hand on their guy for 80 yds.  If our receivers could have made a tackle, that pick is equivalent to a Delberado punt.  Arrrrrrrgh!

Wow! That didn't take as long as I thought it would. That answers the question "How long before they start calling for Landi?". The answer is 3 games.

Nobody is "calling for" Evan Landi. But, thanks for the assumption, I guess? Holy crap..

The mere mention that if a redshirt freshman (BJ) doesn't improve that we should be giving reps to the backup (Evan), of the same class, shouldn't be an odd notion. I merely listed the main things BJ needs to work on, if they aren't fixed in an appropriate amount of time it's time to see his counterpart.

It's just like saying if Pat continues sucking on almost everything it's time for his backup to get reps. An injury forced that hand though.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Doesn't want to run? What was he doing during the FSU, Cuse, CS games then?

at the FSU game he was yelling at the coaches to stop making him run ....so him looking to throw is easy to understand after seeing him do that in person

With Cincy rushing 3 and dropping 8 there were plenty of missed opportunities for BJ to tuck it and run.  If he is worried about getting hit too much he should run out of bounds or slide and quit dancing around at the end of his runs. 

I don’t want to start anything, but MG would run the ball 100 times a game if the coaches would have let him.   

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Bottom line.

I don't care if he prefers to pass or run, he needs to do what ever puts his TEAM in the best position to win.

Again, I would think nothing of it (and still think very little about it), if he wasn't making the 'I want to pass' comments. He will get better, but as someone else mentioned, the coaches need to stay on him to do what is right or he will turn into another Terrelle Pryor who doesn't want to run, and is not a pure pocket passer. Something has got to give, and it needs to the the coaching staff making sure that he understands that they aren't running him just for fun, they need him to run to be successful. And by successful, I mean winning games.

I have enjoyed watching BJ, and knew that he would have freshman moments, it's ok. I do wish that I wasn't reading the quotes in the paper though that make me question whether it was just a mistake, or if he saw the run there, but consciously decided that he doesn't like to run.

Archived