• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dear Jimmy Leavitt this song is for you

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I love USF but for just one I would like to see USF play a top tier program and play a complete game.

sorry you missed the Auburn game, and WV and Kansas and (do I need to go on)

A complete game consists of both the offense, defense and special teams doing their part to win the game. Off all the games you listed only the Kansas game would qualify for a complete game. The Auburn game was riddled with turnovers and USF got pedestrian in the second half, I mean the back to back QB sneaks exuded confidence in the offense (sarcasm).  WV was good but minus Pat White in the second half hmm, not to sure the defense really won that game.

Are you freaking serious?  You are going to nitpick even the huge wins we've had?  We had beaten 5 ranked teams in a row, dude.  Give me a break.  We crushed WVU in that first half that year.  Brown came in and played better than Pat White did, just like Cincy's backup this year.

Very few teams ever have "complete" games against top opponents.  A "complete" game would be a blowout.  I have a song for you:  "Cry Me a River."

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I love USF but for just one I would like to see USF play a top tier program and play a complete game.

A complete game consists of both the offense, defense and special teams doing their part to win the game. Off all the games you listed only the Kansas game would qualify for a complete game. The Auburn game was riddled with turnovers and USF got pedestrian in the second half, I mean the back to back QB sneaks exuded confidence in the offense (sarcasm).  WV was good but minus Pat White in the second half hmm, not to sure the defense really won that game.

It WAS the defense that knocked Pat White out of that game.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

how about a meaningful game in October.......PLEASE??

• Content Count:  1,777

That was my point exactly. The Defense won the game against WVU, NOT THE OFFENSE.  The defense is responsible for winning all of USF big games. When was the last time the offense stepped up an won a BIG Game for USF? (Louisville 2005)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Are you freaking serious?  You are going to nitpick even the huge wins we've had?  We had beaten 5 ranked teams in a row, dude.  Give me a break.  We crushed WVU in that first half that year.  Brown came in and played better than Pat White did, just like Cincy's backup this year.

Very few teams ever have "complete" games against top opponents.  A "complete" game would be a blowout.  I have a song for you:  "Cry Me a River."

LOL .... One of the good things about being off the board for a bit is that, most of the time, when you come across threads as clueless as this one, other, more savvy Bulls fans have already set the knuckleheads straight... So now winning big games isn't enough, they have to be complete games ... too funny. I've got to assume that most other major college football programs have these little covens of unrealistic fans like we do but it's still humorous.

LOL .... One of the good things about being off the board for a bit is that, most of the time, when you come across threads as clueless as this one, other, more savvy Bulls fans have already set the knuckleheads straight... So now winning big games isn't enough, they have to be complete games ... too funny. I've got to assume that most other major college football programs have these little covens of unrealistic fans like we do but it's still humorous.

Trust me I have been watching USF Football since the inception and I am very familar with the program. It not about being unrealistic its about understand what to look for in championship level teams.  Do you REALLY think USF has been a balanced team in "Big Games"?  You can probably count Kansas, FSU and WVU 06, but for the most part USF has been dependent on the defense to win big games and for the offense not to lose them. Until USF puts a balanced team on the field, it will continue to srtuggle in "Big Games" meaning no big east championship unless there is a fluke situation.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Defense wins Championships, right?

:ROFLMAO

Defense wins Championships, right?

:ROFLMAO

Nice Cliche. Since you like Cliches, here is one for you. "Offense wins games".  Until USF decides to get serious on offense, there will be no Big East Championship.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Never heard that one. 

Never heard that one. 

Its a two part cliche, "Offense wins games but defense wins championships!"

Archived