• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jacquain Williams.....Secret Weapon???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I have a strange feeling that we have, for the most part, kept Jacquain Williams bottled up on defense. I think that the coaching staff has been waiting until this game to unleash him. He has now seen some action in 5 games, and should have the defense down pretty well. Cincy also doesn't have a lot of tape with him on the field, especially in the nickle package that we will most likely be running for a lot of the game. I just have a feeling that this is the game that the big, 6'4'' LB with 4.5 speed gets to show off his coverage skills. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that he gets an interception in this one. I think he will be one of our keys to victory.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

We need to pull out a bag-o-tricks for this game and shut these goobers up!

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever gets us a W

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,670
  • Days Won:  29

I think our talented & healthy starting LB's are the main reason we haven't seen much of him on D.

Doing great on Kick Coverage.

I am not at all worried about our D against Cincy.

Just want our O to SCORE 28 and the D & Special Teams to Score  ;D

• Content Count:  557

I have to agree. I remember in training camp everyone's first impression of him was how amazing he is in coverage. UC has one of the best passing attacks in the nation and I think if he is going to have a breakout game this is going to be it.

• Content Count:  5,241

Similar to JPP in the first 3 games, we may be keeping Jacquain Williams under wraps until tomorrow...

• Content Count:  12,293

you cant keep a defensive player "under wraps', 'bottled up' or 'hidden' unless you just keep him off the field all together.

its not like keeping an offense vanilla or not showing some things, play calling wise, on defense.

but you cant tell a kid, hey go out on the field but dont play to your full ability cause we want to hide some things....

• Content Count:  4,016

I think our talented & healthy starting LB's are the main reason we haven't seen much of him on D.

Doing great on Kick Coverage.

I am not at all worried about our D against Cincy.

Just want our O to SCORE 28 and the D & Special Teams to Score  ;D

Remember the last time we played Cinci our defense was not healthy.  Carlton Williams was dinged up, Selvie was hurt, and Mompremier was done.  Hopefully that helps!

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

you cant keep a defensive player "under wraps', 'bottled up' or 'hidden' unless you just keep him off the field all together.

its not like keeping an offense vanilla or not showing some things, play calling wise, on defense.

but you cant tell a kid, hey go out on the field but dont play to your full ability cause we want to hide some things....

No, but he hasn't been in the nickle package much, and we will be running that a lot against UC. That is what I meant. He has seen a lot of action in the 4-3 and has played well when he has been in, but I really think that we may see Wilson and Williams when we are in the nickle. I could be totally wrong, but with his speed and cover skills I think that he could be a big difference maker in this one.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

No secret weapon on defense needed.  They run a lot of short stuff and rely on YAC.  Make the tackles and wrap up is the secret here.

Archived