• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RJS field to be re-sodded after U2 concert Friday night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Someone from Live Nation (Concert Promoter) was on The Cowhead Show this afternoon.  He stated the field will be re-sodded after the U2 concert Friday night. 

Maybe Greg could confirm? 

Edit:  Confirmed by Greg Auman

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/10/pro-bono-rayjay-gets-new-sod-after-u2-concert.html

That should mean no white surrender flag at the 50 yard line for Cincy.   :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

Did you see how bad FeEx field looked for the Bucs game last Sunday?  They blamed that on the U2 concert.

I'd hate for the condition of the field to affect the outcome of the game.  Hopefully the concert promoter is paying and not the TSA.

• Content Count:  5,241

Might as well put Bulls Logos down. were 5-0 and the bucs are gonna be 0-5

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

Did you see how bad FeEx field looked for the Bucs game last Sunday?  They blamed that on the U2 concert.

I'd hate for the condition of the field to affect the outcome of the game.  Hopefully the concert promoter is paying and not the TSA.

if they do resod, it could be a great thing though-- did you see how nice the field was at Landshark for that scUM game?

• Content Count:  1,204

Fed Ex was only partially resodded after the U2 concert.  You could see how half of the field was brown and trampled and the other half was green and fresh (actually closer to 1/3 that was the area where the stage actually was).

The word is that RJS is prepping a full resod.

There's a game the following Sunday for the Bucs, so I doubt they do too much for us, but you never know.

Right now my primary concern is getting to RJS tomorrow and standing on the sod USF plays on as I enjoy watching U2 for the fifth time.

• Content Count:  4,139

Really, how much damage can a gaggle of middle-aged u2 fans create??    It's not like they're gonna open up a mosh pit... 

I guess someone might slip on some broken fairy wings or some ****.

• Content Count:  2,277

I don't think it's an actual "resod."  Based on the video they've shown on the local news of them prepping stadium the past few days, it looks like they just removed the sod.  I would imagine that they're going to put the same sod back down after the concert (unless it really did need to be replaced and they're doing it at this time).

• Content Count:  7,890

Really, how much damage can a gaggle of middle-aged u2 fans create??    It's not like they're gonna open up a mosh pit... 

I guess someone might slip on some broken fairy wings or some ****.

They have had the stage up for close to a week and did you see the field for the Redskins Bucs game it looked like $hit

• Content Count:  1,757

How can they resod and have it take hold in less than one week?  Doesn't seem possible.  I've been pissed since I heard that crappy band was playing on our field in football season.  Less than one week from the biggest game of the year no less.  F@ck the TSA!

• Content Count:  19,229

hypothetical...If the sod doesn't take hold... and the field is sloppy/slow... who does that favor?

Archived